27: Lots of Tissues Anyone?

“You said you wanted to talk.” I say, the moment Shawn's on the line.

“Yes, Hazel. I'm sorry for how I treated you. I never expected you to leave so soon."

I sigh. “Me neither.”

“And we didn't get to break up officially.”

Wait, wait, what?

“Shawn-”

“-I know we didn't put a label on whatever we had but I'm not going to hold you back from having fun in Australia, Hazel.”

I can't believe he's doing this to me through the phone.

“Shawn-”

“-I love you Hazel.”

“Don't ever call me or message me again, Shawn and I mean it.” It was hard getting those words out without betraying the tears leaking from my eyes.

“Hazel-”

I hung up and blocked his number, and also proceeded to block him on all my social media handles.

I'm so done with this kind of drama.

Diana enters my room and stops short when she sees my mood.

“Oh, shoot. Are you okay, Hazel?”She cautiously approaches my bed.

I nod. “Yeah. Don't worry about me. Did you need anything?”

“I only wanted to tell you that you need to be up by five a.m or five thirty at most. The drive to school is like a forty or forty five minutes drive.” She explains.

After another nod I give her, she excuses herself from my room and I'm left alone with several thoughts.

Sad ones.

hAzE to Ilovebrownies: Shawn broke up with me and I blocked him everywhere (8:25p.m)

Ilovebrownies: oh my God! why would he do that? girl, I hope you're okay???

hAzE: of course I'm not, but I will be.

Without waiting to see her replies, I turned off the lights and snuggled under my blanket, waiting upon the next day.

▓▓▓

It's weird to see everyone up this early. By 6a.m, we've already had breakfast, prepared by Tony, and by 6:10a.m, Diana was already driving us to school, playing an Aretha Franklin song on the stereo.

Xavier sat beside me while I looked out through the window until we reached school just about two minutes to seven.

As we got down, I assessed my outfit. A baby blue sweater over my favourite pair of jeans and black flats.

Not one of my best looks, but let's just say I just a bad break-up so I can look however I want.

Xavier and Diana followed me to the Administrative Office and helped me get my stuff. Schedule, textbooks, exercise books and so on.

Diana left the entire touring to Xavier.
Not long after she left, a slim platinum blonde comes from nowhere and hugs Xavier.

“I've missed you, Xavi.”She cooes, smushing his cheeks which turn red.

“We literally saw yesterday, Melissa.”