25: Bucket Lists

'Bucket lists'

MY ROOM IS FAR from what I expected. Just like every other part of the house, mine is black-themed. A horror show if you ask me.

When I confronted Tony about it during breakfast, he blushed a bit and said he could redecorate it if I wished.

My friends shared my sentiments when I sent them a picture of the room.

IlovebrowniesWhy does it look like you're part of some satanic ritual?  😈(8:11a.m)

Chadz: 😂😂😂😂

DetectiveBradley: Lmfaooo!

Charlie: 💀💀💀

hAzE: jeez, Gem, you're brutal. Anyways, Tony said he'll redecorate for me (8:12a.m)

DetectiveBradley:😏

hAzE: wipe that look off your face, Winston...

I don't pay attention to them much longer when Xavier enters the kitchen with a black cat perched on his shoulder. He looks like he's just waking, from his messed up hair and rumpled shirt and joggers that looked like he wore them while half-asleep.

"Morning." He murmurs, opening the black fridge and checking on the contents.

The cat, leaps off his shoulder and stalks towards me, keeping her blue eyes fixed with mine.

"Hello there." I murmur, half to her and half to Xavier.

The cat meows and swishes her tail back and forth.

“You don't peg me to be a cat person.”  I comment.

Xavier takes his head out of the fridge with a carton of milk.  "Again, never judge a book by its cover, Hazel."

Seeing the milk, his cat is distracted and rushes over, until Diana enters, all dressed in well tailored and ironed trousers and a grey shirt tucked into it .

The initial smile on her face dims when she spots the cat. "I see you've met the demon."

The cat reacts by hissing and doing that cat thing where her hair stands on end.

Rawr!

"Yeah, the feeling's mutual, demon."

I'm amused by their interactions while Xavier rolls his eyes. "Desdemona is a little darling, aren't you, baby?" He glances down at the furry ball which purrs pleasantly.

Diana scoffs. "Yeah. Please keep that thing far away from me."

¶¶¶

Tony's in the University, from what I heard and so he's always away for the better part of the day except when he doesn't have classes and the other times, he volunteers at the animal shelter.

I never pegged him to be that kind of person, honestly. Just like I misjudged Xavier to be a big jerk when I first saw him.

"Have you got your bucket list ready?"  Diana pokes her head in through my bedroom door.

I'm seated cross-legged on my bed, not willing to make any movements whatsoever.

"Should I?"

She enters fully. "Of course. Get a bucket list... Jump off a cliff, get caught by the police, skinny dipping..."

I laugh at her suggestions. "I'm not doing any of that."