30:Keep Your Ego To Yourself

In case you've noticed, I'm trying to merge all three books in the series together, I hope that settles any confusion you might have. Btw, the last book in the series is finally out. You can check out 'Some Like It Tangled' on my wall, or wait till I complete the merger, IDK how long it'll take 😀😀

'Keep Your Ego To Yourself'

"I can't believe this! It's outrageous." Philip paced around my bedroom like an imprisoned lion. Occasionally, he raked his hand through his already disheveled hair to show his frustration.

He had shown up at exactly ten minutes after I called him, and in an effort to prevent mom from waking up, I led him to my room and played the recording on my phone.

His current mood was a consequence of being aware that his sister and his brother were partners in crime.

"Calm down, babe." I tossed my phone away and walked to where he was by my closet.

"Why should I? Do you know how bad that sounds? You're not safe, neither is your mom. What pains me is the fact that I was stupid enough to let my guard down when your dad got arrested..."

I placed a finger on his lips and my other hand on his shoulder. "Stop saying things like that. It's not your fault, nothing is your fault. I want you to stop taking the blame for everything that has happened."

I stared deeply into his eyes as I tried to unravel the emotions buried there. He was so furious, I know, but blaming himself for everything wouldn't solve the gigantic problem in front of us.

"It's my fault."

I silenced him by placing a gentle kiss on his lips. He responded by pulling me closer and kissing me back.

I pulled away but he groaned. "Don't stop." He whispered against my lips.

"We have more important things to worry about."

Philip shook his head and turned me around so I was resting against the wall. "Don't start what you can't finish babe."

I gasped when his lips crashed against mine with so much intensity. His kisses were as suffocating as his touch. His arms roamed greedily around every inch of my body while our lips were preoccupied.

When his hands got under my shirt, our eyes flickered open. He silently asked for my permission which was granted with a nod. He reached for my bra and skillfully unclasped it before pulling my grey t-shirt over my head.

A little bit ashamed, I covered my breasts with my arms and looked up at Philip who had a questioning look on his face.

"Why?" He whispered.

"I...I...um." I stammered, unsure about what to say next.

"Tell me."

"I've never done this before."

Philip's eyes widened and he lowered his head, but it wasn't out of disappointment, it was from surprise.

He raised his head. "Seriously?"

I nodded, shuddering when his fingers came in contact with my bare skin.

When he didn't say anything else, I bent to pick my discarded T-shirt and used it to cover my exposed body.

"Why are you so calm?" I asked, a little bit irritated by the way he was staring at me like he hadn't seen me before.

"It's a little unexpected, but I'm pleased." He licked his lips and winked suggestively.