1:Nice Booty Babe

>Louder, I cannot hear you
How can things be better left unsaid?
Call me, call me a dreamer
But it seems that dreams are all that we've got left.<

Emeli Sande

'Nice Booty Babe'

*
*
*

"You are under arrest for the murder of Mr. Gregory."

I stared at the police officer with my mouth hanging open. Confusion enveloped my mind as I took in the words of the officer. His colleague standing next to him looked less friendly than he did. He looked ready to drag me out at the slightest prompt.

"Hold on there, who's Gregory? And how did I kill him?" My questions sounded stupid but they were questions anyways and I hoped to get some answers.

Who was this Mr. Gregory that I had killed? How could I have killed him when a few minutes ago I was just on my sofa watching a movie with a bowl of chips balanced on my thighs?

"We believe you'll have answers to our questions, come with us to the police station."

I shook my head and took a step back. "Nah, I'll pass."

His colleague moved towards me like a towering mountain. "That's not a plea, it's an order." Before I say any additional words, my wrists were trapped in a handcuff and I was dragged out of my house like a filthy rag.

I sat upright in my bed, breathing heavily. My gaze went to the clock on the wall opposite me. 6:00a.m.

What the heck?

I pondered over the strange dream I just had for over ten minutes and after concluding that it was probably one of those dreams normal people had, I erased the dream from my head and focused on preparing for school.

I made a trip to the bathroom and did my business there. After wrapping a towel around my thoroughly cleaned body, I stepped into my room just about the same time as my brother, Blake did.

"Couldn't you at least knock or something?" I chided him. He ignored me and plopped down on my bed.

He recently finished college and currently, he was working for a publishing company. At the same time, he was a renowned writer, well known for his ability to capture the hearts of his readers. I had a lot of his books stashed away in my book cabinet and I read them whenever I had the chance to.

He grinned and crossed his legs. "I came to watch you dress."

I frowned. "Pervert."

"Shawn arrived a few minutes ago, he's downstairs."

I smiled and walked to my closet. Shawn was my childhood friend, very annoying, but he had all one could wish for in friend. Must I add, we attended the same school, Same High School and we had almost all our classes together.

I pulled out a high-waist blue jean trouser and a white crop top. "Does that guy even sleep?" I looked at the clock which just struck seven a.m.

"Even if he arrives here by eight, you'll still complain. What a lazy sister you are." My brother gave me a toothy smile. I smirked and threw one of my shoes at him.

"If you'd excuse me, I need to get dressed." I ignored the scowl on my brother's face and pulled on my jean trouser whilst still clinging onto the towel.

Blake was about making a comment when my room door was forced open. Shawn's eyes darted straight to me and I turned around quickly as my cheeks heated up with embarrassment.