35: Destroying The Past

A/N

It has come to my notice that Florence has been getting a lot of hate from different people. I acknowledge the fact that she makes stupid mistakes and will make more in future. But to those calling her 'dumb', "stupid" and other names, I will not tolerate that form of insult on her personality. Be realistic here and raise your hands if you haven't made mistakes in your life. If you raised your hands, I'm sorry, but you lie. If you stop reading because of this, it's in your interest and mine. If you'd love to see a perfect character with no flaws, no mistakes, create your own book, and tag me in it. I'd love to read your book.

'Destroying The Past'

MULTIPLE THOUGHTS RAN through my head as I left Dr. Michelle's office. While I continued pondering over how my mom was attacked, I asked myself who could have done that to her, and why. There was no one my mom held a grudge against or that held a grudge against her, so I thought.

Tamara was seated on a chair in the reception area with her chin cupped in her palm. I had never seen Tamara sad, not for a single day, she was always happy and there were many times I got jealous of her, although she could be serious when she wants to be and playful when she wants to be. According to her, 'life would be boring without me having fun'.

"Tam." I called softly and sank into a chair next to her. She turned to me and managed a smile.

"The person who did this to mom is a beast, If only I could lay my hands on whoever it is, I'll strangle them, I'll decapitate them, I'll chop-"

I placed a finger on her lips to silence her, I sensed strong hatred in those words that were emitted from her mouth and if they aren't restrained, they might just make her feel worse instead of better.

Mom always told us that the best way to deal with a negative situation is using positivity as your sole weapon.

"Shhhhh..." I rested my index finger on my lips to silence her. "Remember, mom always told us that the best way to deal with a negative situation is by using positivity as your sole weapon."

She nodded in comprehension and sighed deeply.

I heard footsteps running towards us and I lifted my gaze to Michael who had a distressed look on his face.

He went on his knees and whispered comforting words to his fiancee, stroking her knee as he spoke to her softly. She nodded slowly and took his hands in hers, I noticed the engagement ring enclosing one of her fingers and I wondered if their wedding will take place as scheduled. Inwardly, I pitied Tamara, she seemed so fragile and instantly I knew I had to be strong for the three of us.

"Florence." A hand perching on my shoulder drove away my thoughts. I shifted my gaze from the floor to Michael who's had a warm smile on his face, his knees weren't on the floor anymore, he had assumed a standing position.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me." I gave him a smile to reassure him and he nodded.

"I've made a statement at the police station, they're on it, there's no need to worry anymore."

"I'm worried about mom lying unconscious back there."

He sighed and ruffled his hair, stealing a glance at Tamara who had spaced out of our conversation.

"I know you are, I am too, and your sister also. Come on, let's go home."

He extended an arm towards me and I utilized it in pushing myself off the chair. He gently dropped my hand and helped Tamara up too. He led us to his SUV parked outside the hospital. After we had climbed in, he drove us home.