7: Ladies And Gentlemen, We May Proceed

I WAS RUNNING late for the meeting and the taxi from the taxi company was nowhere in sight. Repeatedly, I checked my wrist watch.

7:25a.m.

I was twenty five minutes late. Philip was definitely going to get my neck for this one. What made things worse was the fact that there was a meeting of the board of trustees by nine this morning and I was yet to complete some paperwork before them.

My phone rang from an unidentified caller.

"Who am I unto?"

"You're late." A raspy voice spoke. Philip was mad, I knew it.

"There's no single taxi in sight. I don't-"

"Text me your location." He hung up the phone leaving me stunned but my fingers flew over my keypad randomly and I sent my address to him.

In a few minutes,  a Cadillac Escalade Platinum stopped in front of me. The window rolled down and Philip stared right at me. He opened the front door for me and I entered his car, admiring the neat cream-coloured interior.

"Nice car." I commented.

He smiled. "Thanks."

I bet that smile of his had knocked a lot of ladies off balance but not me.

Not yet.

True, maybe I was a bit fickle-minded and my greatest weakness was handsome guys but my biggest turnoff in a guy would be if he was rude, inconsiderate and bossy. And Philip here met all those qualities, so, no.

"I'd appreciate if this doesn't repeat itself again."

I nodded. "Yes sir."

Of course, what else was I expecting him to say? Compliment my attire?

"Don't say yes if you don't mean it." He took his eyes briefly off the road to meet my gaze.

The meeting was at another building not to far from Nicholas Corporation.

As we walked in through the doors, Philip ignored the male receptionist's greetings and I just responded for the two of us.

In the conference room, some men and women were seated around a round tables, laptops and papers in front of them. Philip went straight to his seat and gestured for me to sit in the one beside him.

"Don't forget to take a comprehensive note of every single thing." He told me.

I noticed the emphasis on 'comprehensive'. With a wan smile, I opened my official laptop and checked for the previous minutes I had typed on it.

All set.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen. We may proceed with the meeting." Said a woman that stood at the head of the table.

She picked a laser pen and pointed at the projector behind her. There were charts, graphs and figures on it.

"Listed here are is our assets, expenditures and projects for this year-"