7: WISHFUL

NOTE:

⭕⭕ I might have unintentionally kept you in the dark on Tamara's plight, this chapter will help bring her ordeal to light.

⭕⭕As you all know, an ultimatum was given to Florence to turn in the keys to her mom's Empire, I'm working really hard to make sure that things become more heated to set the stage for some 'action'.

Read and be inspired.

🌸🌸🌸

"Mom, I'm home!" I kicked the door open and locked it behind me, fixing my gaze on the key which twisted and turned in my fingers.

Totally enveloped by excitement, I marched to the living  room, carefully swinging my arms beside me.

"Mom, I'm..."

In case you're wondering why my words got stuck in my throat, here's why.

Mom was sprawled on the floor, tangled in the arms of a very familiar man, their eyes were transfixed on the television before them. They were so engrossed in gazing at the Television that my presence was just as normal as the air around them. I was a few feet away from them yet they didn't acknowledge my presence.

I took a brief moment to observe them; their position on the furry rug spoke of so much love, tenderness, passion and comfort. They lost sense of time itself as they gently interlocked their fingers, whispering words to each other. As the man raised mom's hand to his lips and placed a soft kiss at the top, she smiled and the wrinkles at the sides of her lips vanished momentarily. He kissed the top of her head and she shifted further into his protective arms, her eyes travelled back to the movie playing in the television.

Feeling like a mischievous four-year-old, I grinned slyly and retreated to the kitchen where I poured myself a glass of water, ensuring that I made sufficient noise to drag the 'lovebirds' out of their romantic euphoria, but it wasn't enough.

I flung the cupboard at my eye level open and searched  for nothing in particular. Throwing another cupboard open, allowing the tiny door bang against the previously opened door, I pulled out a plastic white bowl that we hadn't used in a while. After examining it, I set it back in its original position and moved to the cupboard below my waist.

Throats cleared behind me and I smirked, internally congratulating myself for a job perfectly accomplished. I raised my hands in the air and slowly twirled around to meet mom's and Mr Adam's eyes, Mr Adam's eyes bore some sort of confusion while mom's shot pins and needles at me.

"Good evening people, I'm sorry about that, I was trying to prepare some mouth-watering pancakes." And I call myself a vegetarian, what a traitor I am.

Mom snorted in disbelief and Mr Adam's laughed awkwardly but he avoided my gaze. I so much wanted to silently torture him but he narrowly escaped from my claws.

"You're so immature, do you know that?" Mom questioned, releasing her hands from Mr. Adam's.

"Oh yes, you tell me that everyday, how can I ever forget?" I strolled to the silver sink and washed my hands underneath the tap with a bar of soap. I heard a snort from behind me and swirled around to see mom shaking her head and Mr. Adam struggling to force back a laughter.

"So this is what goes on in the Steel's household huh?" He finally spoke up, giving me the opportunity to launch a verbal attack on him.

"Glad you could join us, Mr. eh... Adam?" I smirked. Mom shaking her head in amusement raised her hand in exasperation and let it fall to her side again.

I wiped my hands with a napkin and folded it neatly on the counter behind me. Mom let out a sigh, probably thinking she was free. Mom glanced at Mr. Adam who shrugged and turned to leave. Mom was about following him when I protested.