17: The Reason Victoria's Dead

RECAP: Sometime during Hazel's family vacation, Shawn gets word of Victoria's death from Travis and tells Hazel and the others about it. Levi reacts strangely to the news leading to a couple of theories arising. Hazel found out her mom's six weeks pregnant and in the last chapter, Shawn and Hazel visits Victoria's home to see her parents but only met Jasmine, Victoria's sister and Saraphina, her best friend. Saraphina gives Hazel a tape recorder and asks her to listen to the secrets trapped inside, the reason Victoria's dead. And that's what you missed on Glee! Lol.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

I was thrown off-balance after I heard every single conversation on the tape recorder. For complete fifteen minutes, different thoughts swarmed in my head.

Did I really hear what I think I heard?

"This is really bad, really bad." Shawn kept on repeating, running his fingers in his hair.

"I don't expect him to betray us after all we've done for him."

Shawn's jaw tightened. "That sick bastard. I'm gonna beat the-"

I pacified my bestfriend by linking our fingers together. "There's a better way to deal with him than force."

"What better way?"

"Tact, bestie," I said, flicking his forehead. "Tact."

He seized my wrist and tried to twist it. I yelled out and pulled his right ear hard until he let go.

"Witch." He teased.

"Demon."

💭💭💭

"You really think that this isn't a setup?" Chad asked the next day while we all lazed around the pool in our swim wears. The weather was insanely hot as opposed to the chilly atmospheric conditions last two days.

"Well, whatever you heard on that tape recorder is the reason Victoria's dead." Shawn told Chad.

Chad's gaze trailed to me. "And who told you that?" He asked in a surly voice at which I raised a brow.

"Saraphina." Shawn replied, his facial expression gradually morphing into irritation.

"How do you know you aren't being set up, what if-" Gemma slapped a hand over Chad's mouth. Her sudden movement made him lose his balance and he fell back into the pool.

Shawn and Charlie chuckled when he resurfaced and flipped the bird at us.

"The question is what's going to happen next?" Gemma spoke.

"I always had a bad feeling about Levi, see, I was right." Shawn looked at me in an accusatory manner.

"Shut up, Shawnee. There's no time to trade blames here. Hazel, do you think you should involve your dad in the matter?" Charlie asked me.

Sincerely, I had no idea about what next action to execute. To tell dad or not to tell him?

"I don't know guys." I swam away from Chad who was splashing water at me.

"I say we tell your dad." Gemma suggested.

"The threat should not be taken lightly at all, Haz." Charlie supported her.

I looked at my best friend. He responded with an encouraging nod of his head.

"Let's inform your dad. He'll know what to do."

I never doubted my dad's capability to handle this situation. The line of detectives he controlled were up to the task. In a matter of minutes or days, all would be sorted out.