14: You Don't Even Have An Eye Shadow

'You Don't Even Have An Eye Shadow'

6:43P.M

"OK, that's it, let's go prepare for the main event." Mom wiped her sweaty forehead with a napkin and allowed it fall to the floor.

In celebration of our release, mom decided to throw a little party to honour it, she invited our neighbours, John and his wife Hannah who happened to be mom's closest friend, also Joshua and Chloe, the other neighbours apart from the latter that were kind to us. Philip was invited too, alongside Alice and Tanya. Michael wouldn't be coming as he hasn't returned from Paris yet, but we informed him anyways. He would have flown down, but Tamara insisted that he shouldn't sabotage the project he was working on.

They would celebrate later in private. Her words, not mine.

I scanned the living room which had been transformed to match a party setting. The dining table was fancifully decorated and several empty colourful plates were seated on it. Mom said she wanted the party to be a party and a dinner.

"We've done a great job girls." Mom praised and we high-fived ourselves.

Mom hurried upstairs, leaving and I and Tamara alone.

"I'm so happy!" Tamara gushed as she stared around the living room. I placed my hand on her shoulder and she regarded me through her long eye lashes.

"We'll do just fine, don't get your skirt in a bunch." I reassured her as I took notice of her excitement.

A mischievous grin played on her lips and I stepped away from her, not having the slight idea of what was up her sleeves.

"Speaking of skirts, tell me what's going on between you and Philip." She reached out to grip the side of my shirt so that I wouldn't escape.

"What makes you think I'll tell you that?" I teased. She narrowed her eyes and held my shirt more firmly.

"You aren't going anywhere if you don't tell me."

Tamara can be a pest sometimes, I mean, when she wants something, she'll do virtually anything to have it. That's one quality we share, determination.

"Fine... But let go of me first." I pleaded and she did as I wished.

"While you were away, lots of things happened, Peter cheated on me with Philip's girlfriend, Philip and I got a little closer but he never kissed me until that time at that wretched place." I narrated.

"Peter cheated on you?

I nodded sadly. Her countenance moved from happy to angry. She moved away from me and walked up to the kitchen door.

"And isn't he the same person that called you yesterday evening?"

"Tam, it's complicated. He came back apologizing for what he did, his apology was so genuine, I couldn't just reject it." I stared at my sister from the living room with eyes begging her to drop the subject. Her expression right now was anything but friendly, she appeared disappointed.

"You know what I think? Don't be offended, I'm just going to be honest with you." She walked in my direction and stood behind the sofa which was before me.