10: You And Me

' You And Me '

💭💭💭

On Saturday, I , Tamara and mom went out for what we called a 'girls day out'. I bought a couple of dresses and some casual clothes. Tamara got herself new leather handbags and pairs of platform heels.

After we returned and put away the newly acquired items, I sat on the floor with Tamara who engaged me with stories about her work. She told me about a young lawyer who tried to flirt with her but she told him off immediately. She also informed me that she would be going on another date with Michael.

There was a knock on the door and she pushed herself from the floor.

"I'll get it." My sister walked to the door to open it. She let out a loud scream and I wondered what she saw. I hurried to the door and froze when I took notice of my boss standing there. I pinched myself to be sure I wasn't dreaming.

Tamara made way for me to stand before Mr. Ross who was clad as usual in his suit, matching tie and shoes. His car was packed somewhere, though I didn't see it, I just assumed.

"Good day." I greeted him.

"Hello Florence, how are you today?"

I raised a brow at his civil question. "I'm quite fine, thanks."

"What are you doing here?" I asked him in a polite way.

"At least let me in." He gestured at the door and I made way for him to step in. Tamara still dazed trailed behind like a robot.

Mr. Ross looked around the living room and was impressed with what he saw.  Thanks to my mom and her 'friend'. He was an interior designer so he helped with the entire redecoration.

"We're travelling immediately." He spoke up, giving me a cold look.

What!

The look on Tamara's face was priceless, she looked from Mr Philip to me and from me back to him again.

I blinked at him. "We, who?"

"You and me."

Unbelievable.

I shook my head in disbelief.

"No."

"I don't take no for an answer. " Mr. Philip reached for my hand, but I snatched it before he could grab it.

"Hold on a second you too, am I missing out on something here, Florence?"  When I hesitated in replying, she pulled me to the lower part of the stair case and we stood there.

"Can you tell me why I have Philip Ross at my doorsteps this morning?"

Oh great, she knew him.

I almost forgot Mr Ross was extremely rich. I sighed and placed a hand on her shoulder but she shrugged it off.

"He's my boss, the person who has made my life so beautiful." I sarcastically replied. Tamara snickered and glanced at Philip who observed us curiously from the comfort of a sofa, although we hadn't offered him one.

"You mean the idiot who's made your life a living hell?" She suggested in a loud voice.

"Keep it low will you? He might hear you." I whispered, slyly pointing at Philip.

After our immature gossip, we sauntered back to 'the idiot' as Tamara rightly called him.

He raised his gaze from a book which previously had him occupied.  It was the same book I was reading earlier but abandoned when Tamara began feeding me with stories.

"Haven't you heard of  do not touch other people's stuff?" I asked, but he was unaffected by my statement which have murdered him if mere words could kill.

"Now's not a time to get petty Miss Florence, we're leaving now."

How dare this man walk into my house and try to cart me away to someplace?

Tamara sat in a sofa and watched us in amusement. I wondered what she found funny about my present predicament.

"No, I'm not going anywhere with you." I disagreed.

Tamara rose from her seated position and shoved me at Mr Philip who is now standing, I nearly toppled over, but he steadied me. I shivered at the touch of his hands on my arms.

I scowled and turned to Tamara who grinned widely at us.

"What was that for?"

"You're going with him." She handed me my phone and pushed us out through the door.

"But.

"See ya." She slammed the door in our faces. I'm definitely gonna get back at her.

Mr Ross was smiling.

"You find it funny that I've been literally kicked out of my house by my sister?" I questioned, looking down at the clothes I was wearing, they were so inappropriate.

"I find your sister amusing."

Snorting, I folded my arms on my chest.

"She has a boyfriend."

He shook his head and regarded me like I'd grown two heads.

"Come on, we have a flight to catch." He dragged me to his limousine parked a few feet away. Aiden (remember Aiden, his young chauffeur) held a door open.

I tried slapping his hand away.

"Let *slap* go *slap* of *slap* me *slap*"

I dug my feet in the grass to resist him from from dragging me further, but he was stronger.

Aiden snickered as I struggled to escape from his firm grasp.

He shoved me into the limousine and shut the door when he was seated inside too.

"I'll call the police." I threatened and he merely shook his head and stretched his legs in front of him.

"By all means do." He closed his eyes.

"This is so outrageous." I muttered, glancing at my phone waiting for a message from Tamara which never came.

He opened one eye and grinned widely.

"Really?" He asked which further infuriated me, I resigned to my fate and reclined in the car seat as Aiden drove off to God-knows-where.

"We're here." Aiden's voice rang out after a couple of hours of driving.

Mr. Ross stepped out through the door and did not bother checking if I was behind him. The door hit me right on my nose and I rubbed the spot as Aiden helped me out, muttering his apologies

We were at the Airport and I took in the usual hustle and bustle of the day. People, in singles, twos, threes were hauling different sizes of luggage into the airport.

Mr Ross said something to Aiden who nodded and drove off leaving me with Mr. Ross.

"Now what?" I asked

"We board a plane." He pulled me into the airport.

Where do you think he's taking her? Any guesses?

My own guess is he's probably going to kill her off somewhere, lol.