30: Does a Silly Jump

Just a chapter left and then the Epilogue...

Does a Silly Jump”

TONY WAS DISCHARGED  from the hospital today but I won't see him till after swimming practice.

As it turns out, Zion was a part of the male swim team and although they refused to admit it, he was good.

Walking to the bus stop takes longer than needed because I needed to mentally prepare myself to face Xavier at home.

Sam asked me to hang out at his aunt's shop tomorrow evening and I decided I would ask her if there was an opening for a new employee.

I needed to gain a sort of responsibility and although dad would be mad because the amount of money sitting in my account could last an average person four years even with active spending.

Speak of which.

“Hey, Diana.”She steers the car into the main road.

“Yeah?”

“Are there any orphanages around here?”

“The Pretty Heart Children's Home is around the corner. Do you want to visit?”I nod.

“There's a party on Saturday, you're coming with me, period.”

That's if you see me. Insert giant smirk here.

⊥⊥⊥

“Do you want to go somewhere with me?”I was in my room tending to my aching body when Xavier had knocked and I let him in.

He's all dressed up. White T-shirt that has a violin drawn on the front.

“I would have loved to but my body is uncooperative at the moment.”Xavier sits on my bed and scans my body, in a non-creepy way.

“What did you do?”

“I joined the school swim team yesterday. We have practice everyday.”He nods, threading our fingers together.

“Did you take a hot bath?”

I shake my head. No. “Was I supposed to?”

“It works like magic, trust me.”

My cheeks burn red at the sight of our fingers together. It feels so nice anyway.

“Maybe tomorrow then.” I gaze up at Xavier.

“Huh?”

“We'll go somewhere tomorrow since you're not in good shape this evening.”He suggests but the impatient part of me wanted to know what he had planned.

I stand, pulling away from him. “You know what? Let me take that hot shower and see how it goes.”

He nods and leaves. The few boys I've know would have made a perverted comment but he doesn't and that is a major relief.

Immediately he's out, I enter my bathroom and strip, putting Gemma on video call.

Well, we're girls, nothing to be ashamed of.

“You look excited.”She rolls a part her hair around a hair roller.

I giggle, turning on the faucet. “That's because I am. Xavier's taking me somewhere.”Gemma slaps a hand over her mouth, leaving the roller dangling.