2: I Don't Care About Your Feet

' I Don't Care About Your Feet '

💭💭💭

Being a morning person, I roused at 6a.m the next morning without any difficulty.

At Nicholas Corporation, I was expected to start work at 8a.m every morning so I had ample time to prepare.

I made my way to the bathroom and washed my face with a generous amount of water.

I had stripped out of my clothes and stepped into the bathtub when I heard Tamara charge into my room in her normal manner.

"Wakey!" She yelled and paused when she probably realized I was not in the room.

"I'm in the bathroom!" I called out and she flung the door open wearing a goofy smile on her face, her hair was rolled up in a bun and secured with tiny bobby pins.

"I had to make sure you're awake." She said as I scrubbed my body with a sponge and soap.

"Aren't you going to work?"

Normally, she's supposed to be on her way to work by now.

"Anything for my little sis... by the way, I've already laid out your outfit for today. I'm have to go prepare for work. I can't wait to hear the juicy details of your day at work. "

She slammed the door shut before I could utter words in protest.

After I had eaten and fully dressed, I set out for work. Mom had already left before I woke up, and Tam was getting ready to leave for work too. She had placed a call to the office that she'd likely come in late, and they had no problem with it. I guess they didn't want a 'talk-of-war' with my persuasive sister because she would surely win.

I arrived at Nicholas Corporation at exactly 7:48a.m and walked to the office I was assigned to.

The office was really amazing, I had some books as related to my job, I also had a laptop to myself, not to talk about the plush white rug beneath my feet just like the one in mom's room.

I pulled my feet out of my murderous heels and felt the tenderness of the rug with them.

The interior of the office was in pink color, just what I liked. Virtually every girls favourite color's pink so that wasn't difficult for the designer to figure out. But there was too much pink and I hated it in a way.

I snapped out of my trance as I heard a knock on the door.

"Come on in." I sang and discretely slipped my feet back into their cells.

Peter walked in looking all handsome in his perfectly tailored black suit and designer pair of black shoes.

"Good morning Peter."

He smiled and walked to my desk.

"Good morning too." He placed a hand on my desk and looked me straight in the eye, this made me quite uncomfortable.

"I'll introduce you to the rest of the staff and then you'll be meeting with my brother...please come with me."

I followed him out of the office to meet up with the other staff.

I was introduced to Toby, the computer programmer, Stacy, the secretary, Alice, the Personelle Manager, and many others.

Alice was quite friendly so she asked me to meet up with her for lunch, and I promised to take on her offer.

Stacy however acted like a total bitch, eyeing me like I stole her boyfriend or something.

Finally, I was to meet up with my boss, something I eagerly anticipated.