33: Love Hurts Pt. 2

'Love Hurts Pt. 2'

After paying the cabman who had been staring occasionally at me through the rear view mirror, I alighted before the towering mass of Nicholas Corporation. Even though it's been a pretty long time since I came here, I still held the same adoration for the building.

The same intricate designs surrounded the body of the building and there were a few more sculptures that I don't remember seeing.

After deciding I had done enough observing, I entered the main building and walked straight to the receptionist's desk. It was a redhead that welcomed me and although her eyes were on the computer screen before her, I couldn't help but admire her.  I figured she'd be better than her predecessor who hated me with full force even after I resigned.

"Good day Miss Steele, my name is Naomi, how may I help you today?" Naomi asked in a polite voice.

And she does know my name, extra points for her then.

I smiled warmly. "Is Mr. Ross in his office?"

She stopped typing on the keyboard in front of her and raised a brow.

"Do you have any prior appointment with him?" Naomi demanded, but in a patient way.

I sighed. I didn't want to use the boyfriend key but there was no other option left.

"There's no need having an appointment to see my boyfriend, is there?" I beamed at her in my usual airy fashion.

Her eyes opened wide in surprise, but then she composed herself again. Naomi could pose as a good actress with the way she managed her facial expressions.

"I apologize, you may go right up." She gave me an apologetic smile.

I nodded and scribbled my name and signature at the base of the Visitors' Register, then I hurried to the one of the elevators and slipped in just before the doors slid shut after a man. He gave me a friendly nod which earned a small smile from me.

He stopped at the fourth floor while I moved in till the 20th floor. I was beyond bored when the elevator's door opened again.

As I searched for my phone in my purse, I stumbled into a human figure, a very familiar one. Justin.

The frown on his face vanished when he took notice of my me. As usual, his hands were engaged with a laptop and a blue file. His white, polka dotted shirt which was hanging over his blue trousers and a pair of white loafers on his feet. I could see he had decided to change his haircut from his normal innocent one to a wilder one,  funny that Philip hadn't kicked him out yet. Maybe because he and Alice were seeing each other or something like that.

"Hey Justin." I beamed at him.

He gave me a wide grin displaying a perfect white set of teeth. Who even had perfect teeth? But there's nothing braces cannot do.

"Florence! It's been forever since I saw you last." Justin gushed, then he glanced down at the objects in his hands with contempt.

"I would have hugged you, but..."

I nodded in understanding. "It's okay, hugging can come later. I'm so excited to see you."

"And me too. But clearly, you aren't here for me right?" He sulked.

"Unfortunately no." I replied in a regretful manner.

There were so many people I had lost contact with even if they had affected my life positively. I should get to socialize more with people. Tamara would have scolded me for my anti-social habits were she here.