15: Kiss Me Senseless

'Kiss Me Senseless'

Song : As long as you love me - Justin Bieber .

I just think the song matches the mood of this chapter.

*
*
*
Cool music resounded from the speakers, masking the words everyone was uttering. I leaned against the wall close to the stairway and observed every single activity going on in the living room.

Tamara was in a hearty discussion with Alice a little distance away from me. Judging from the excited looks they were bearing, I knew they were talking about celebrities. Tanya chatted with my mom close to the dining table and Philip sat comfortably next to John probably exchanging business ideas. Hannah had headed back home to check on their kids left in the custody of their housekeeper. Joshua, a brown-haired guy was conversing with his girlfriend Chloe and she laughed at something he whispered into her ear.

So far, everyone was content with the celebration and that warmed my heart.

I lifted my phone to my face and checked my notification bar. A little message from Sebastian flashed.

Sebastian, how could I ever forget him?

I smiled as I clicked on the message box.

📥📥📥
Hey Florence! It's been awhile, what's going on?

I felt a pang of guilt in my chest as I stared at the words he sent. It's been awhile since we saw each other, the last time being at the hospital where his sister was admitted during her asthmatic attack.

📤📤📤
Sebastian! I'm so sorry about not being able to reach out to you.

His reply came in few seconds later.

📥📥📥
An apology isn't necessary, you know, I totally understand.

My lips curved upwards in a smile as I quickly typed my response. Before I could tap on  the 'send' button, someone slipped a hand around my waist. I turned sharply to see Alice's smiling face.

"Hey Alice," I lowered my phone and gave her a brief side hug.

"Girl, you have much explaining to do," she whispered and led me away from the stairs to the kitchen. I didn't fail to notice Philip's eyes following my movement.

"No?" My reply came out as a question which was a result my present state of confusion. Alice narrowed her eyes at me and placed a hand on her waist in anticipation.

"You, my brother..." She spelled out.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Well, that was a lie. Knowing my sister, she had probably told Alice about the kiss I shared with her brother.

Trying to keep a straight face, I walked to the water dispenser and gulped down a glass of water.

"My brother kissed you!" She yelled, I rushed over and covered her mouth with my hands.

"Not so loud, Alice." I pleaded and stared at the door hoping nobody heard her yelling.

She licked my palm and my face twisted in horror as I withdrew my hands from her mouth.

"You're so immature." I grumbled. A cheesy grin appeared on her face. She folded her arms over her chest while I restrained myself from tackling her to the floor and wiping off the mischievous grin on her face. After giving Alice a sour look, I walked straight to the sink where I washed off traces of her saliva lingering on my palm.