7: Let's Say I Found a Couple Of Boy friends

I'm thinking of how many chapters this book should have. Sixty's fair enough right?

*
*
*
❤You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, even months analyzing a situation, trying to put the pieces together. Justifying what could’ve, should’ve, would’ve happened. Or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move on ❤

*
*
*
'Let's Say I Found a Couple of Boy friends'
*
*
*

When I returned to my own house from Charlie's after he dropped me off, I savoured the feeling of emptiness hovering above the house. My parents were at work, Blake hadn't returned from the trip he took to Canada for a seminar.

I glimpsed a familiar dark-brown haired individual sitting on one of the couches, my favourite one for that matter.

"What are you doing here? Who let you in?" I demanded sharply. Shawn turned to glance at me with a soft expression. No, I wasn't falling for that.

"I did." Another voice chirped in. My eyes strayed to the stairs and found my brother standing there with a full-blown grin on his face.

I smiled and ran to him, forgetting all about my bestfriend. "Blake! When did you return?"

"Today, duh." He stretched out his arm and I jumped on him, wrapping my legs around his waist. Hands around his neck, I showered his face with innocent kisses.

I had missed this excuse of a brother, the one that always teased me, the one that always fought with me over little things like cookies. The king of pranks who had filled my hairdryer with flour once. I missed him so much.

"What the hell! Haze, you weigh a ton, what have you been eating?"

There, the idiot has returned.

He laughed as I glared at him. "Idiot, I missed you so much."

When his eyes trailed off, I remembered Shawn and every single bit of thrill in me faded.

Blake noticed too. "Wasn't I supposed to let your friend in?" He asked as I climbed down from his body.

"No-" I cast a wary gaze at Shawn who bore a guilty look. Yeah, he better be sorry.

Blake made a sound in his throat. "Well, whatever your issues are, I'll let you talk it out, probably get some-"

"You better not finish that line." I warned, watching him chuckle and head back upstairs.

I walked back to sit beside my best friend. "Talk."

He glanced at me, a sad tinge in his eyes. "I'm sorry, Haze."

I clicked my tongue. "Sorry? That's it? Sorry?"

He had another think coming if he just thinks a casually stated apology would do.

"Hazel, I don't know how else to put this but I'm terribly sorry, okay? I thought about what I said to you, and it made me feel like a fool."

Of course you are.  I don't say that out loud though.

He fidgeted on the sofa like a kid, a habit we both engaged when we get nervous.

Looking at his face even though his eyes were lowered, I saw how genuinely sorry he seemed.

"You're going to forgive me right?" His eyes met mine suddenly, almost catching me staring.

I scoffed and flipped my hair before sitting next to him. "Do I have a choice? Move a bit you idiot."

He was taken a little aback at the casualness of my voice. My bestfriend probably expected me to rant and rave like a mad woman or throw objects at him. Nah, I wasn't like that. Well, basically I was still angry but then, I couldn't remain angry with him for so long, besides, Shawn never acted drastically unless there was a sort of trigger, something must have compelled him to.