27: Jealous dinner

"No!...no! This one's terrible." Tamara grumbled while flinging my clothes behind her. I sat lazily on my bed lacquering my nails and watching her.

Why should I bother choosing my outfit when I have Tamara to do that?

She pulled out another dress and stared at it for a minute before turning to me and holding the fabric in front of her.

"No!" she flung the dress away and it landed on my face. With a scowl on my face, I threw it back at her. I looked around my room which Tamera had turned into a sea of clothes.

"Tam, you're going to clean up my room" I placed the lacquer on my bed and stood up. As I walked towards my window to pull the curtains together, I almost tripped over one of my clothes. I had to clutch the edge of my bedside table for support.

"I've found it." She pulled out a yellow flowery dress and beamed at her discovery.

Today was the day I had to go over to Peter's family's house for dinner. As usual, Tamara forced herself into my room and busied herself with selecting an appropriate dress for me.

I had no choice but to let her do her job, because she would make my life a living hell if I didn't.

Humming a song, I walked past her to my bathroom and stripped out of my clothes before stepping under the shower which I turned on and allowed the water coursing down my body to soothe my stressed nerves.

I was really nervous about my dinner with the Ross family. Even though I had visited them once and they welcomed me like they had known me for a very long time, I was still anxious about having dinner with my boyfriend's family, coupled with the fact that Philip would be there too.

The door to my room opened and closed again signifying that Tamara had left. I only hoped she didn't leave along with anything important.

Another perk of having Tamara as my sister. Her favourite trick was kidnapping random things from my room and I wouldn't know what she took till I needed it.

I dried my body with a towel pulled out from above my head. I stepped into my room and began preparing for the evening. Peter said he'll pick me up by 7:00p.m so I had enough time to get ready.

I flung the towel away and pulled on my lacy bra and panties. Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I carefully slid into the flowery dress Tamara had chosen for me. I brushed my hair and packed it up in a ponytail giving me a school girl appearance.

I suddenly remembered Alice who I hadn't seen the last time I visited her family. I was hoping to see her today. Adeline told me it was a general family dinner and everyone would be present.

The door to my room was flung open and Tam sashayed in bearing her makeup kit in her hands. I eyed her warily as she dumped the large box on my bed.

"Get that thing off my bed, I just changed the sheets." I complained.

My sister always invented new ways to annoy me, she came up with new ideas everyday. If she wasn't forcing me to dress up in her ' carefully selected clothes ', she'd be trying to fight over little things with me.

She ignored me and pulled out a red lipstick, an eye shadow case, a concealer and some other odd looking things. When she has gathered what she needed, she approached me like the way a cat would stalk its prey.

"Get those things away from me!" I yelled and scrambled away from her.

"Come on, your face is so bare, I hate it." She smiled and stopped walking in my direction.

"It's my face and I like it the way it is."

"Well, I don't."

"Your loss." I stuck out a tongue at her and she frowned at me, displeased that I didn't allow her have her way.