12: Juicy Fruit

6:00a.m

I felt the comforter covering me yanked forcefully off me. With a groan, I rolled to the other side of the bed, pulling my knees up to my chest.

"Florence, wake up." Someone spoke gently above my head. I was still sleepy so I didn't recognize the voice.

The next thing, I was pushed off the bed and landed with a thud to the floor. I groggily wiped my eyes and looked up at Philip who had what I'd call a freaking smile on his face.

"How dare you?" I demanded angrily, standing up.

He held a towel in his hand and was dressed in his clothes from yesterday, only the suit jacket was absent.

"It's past six already, little wonder you come to work late." He mocked, still looking at me.

"I don't come to work late everyday, I was exhausted yesterday."

"Just shut up mouth and go take a shower, we're leaving." My boss mumbled and while peering at his phone, walked out of the room probably to give me time to clean up.

What a jerk.

When I was done with taking a bath and wearing the clothes he gave me yesterday, he stepped into the room and let his eyes rove over me briefly.

"Let's go, but first, you need to have breakfast, come on." He motioned me to follow him.

This is a first, him being concerned about my welfare, I mean most of the time he'd either be launching a downgrading remark or two at me.

Everyday is full of surprises. But that doesn't mean I'll stop eating with a long spoon around him.

I shrugged and picked up my phone from the bed and slid it into the pocket of my trouser.

We headed towards the dining room where I was served with a mouthwatering meal consisting of fruits and some other good stuff. After the meal, although Mr Philip didn't partake in it, we headed to Maui in the limousine Fabian had waiting for us.

💭💭💭

11:00a.m
Maui, Hawaii

We arrived at all a penthouse which I figured out was Mr. Philip's. I ogled the penthouse enviously as we stepped out of the limo. Fabian drove away to the carpark and carefully parked it.

 Fabian drove away to the carpark and carefully parked it

"Let's go in." He advanced towards the main door and I followed, still looking around me.

The door slid open automatically and we stepped in.

The interior design of his penthouse was breathtaking, almost everything was glass, apart from the furniture.

I stared at the LCD television that hung on the wall a little distance away from where I was standing. The floor was covered with a plush rug. Everything is simply perfect and I could help but mouth 'wow'.