13: Kidnapped Together

'Kidnapped Together'

The iron bars of my cell made a noise and I looked upwards to behold my sister standing there, held protectively by the same person that attacked me at the elevator.

I ignored him and rushed to the bars to get a better view of Tamara who smiled widely at me, displaying her white set of teeth. She hasn't grown lean for someone that has been in captivity for a month.

Tamara wriggled out of the man's grip and reached out to my hands in between the bars.

"I was terribly worried about you." I gushed and bent my head as tears filled my eyes. I didn't want her to see my tears but she did anyway. She lifted up my chin with a finger and brushed away my tears.

"I was worried too, I thought they had done something bad to you and mom."

The guard stepped forward to open the bars with a key. Tamara walked inside the cell and he locked the bars behind us.

I embraced her passionately, burying my head in the crook of her neck, she took a deep breath and wrapped her hands around me.

"How was mom when you left her?"

She liberated me from her grip and we walked to my bed.

"Mom has been over working herself over your kidnap, you know how she is."

Tamara nodded as we sat on the barely comfortable bed.

"How about my future husband?"

She  averted her gaze as if she was expecting me to say that Michael abandoned us just after her kidnap.

"Michael's such a good guy, he has been really supportive, he visits regularly and although he made a trip to Paris, he still calls." I watched how her gaze returned back to me.

"Are you serious?" Tamara asked, her eyes glinting in surprise.

I nodded and she used her hands to cover her face whether out of embarrassment or happiness, I couldn't tell.

"I love him so much, Florence." She confessed and stared back at the iron bars bearing hope in her eyes.

💭💭💭

Philip

“Good day, Mrs Steele." I adjusted my tie as Amanda opened the door cautiously.

"Philip! What a lovely surprise, come on in." She smiled and stepped aside to allow me enter the house where the woman I love resided until her kidnap. It pained me to realize that I wouldn't be seeing her pretty face in awhile.

Amanda ushered me into a seat and took the one next to me.

"What can I offer you? Water? Juice? name it."

"I'd like that but I'm afraid I won't be staying long." I politely declined. Her expression changed from lively to sullen and I blamed myself for not accepting her offer.

"I understand." She reclined in the sofa and watched me with her dark irises that reminded me again of Florence.

Why can't I get her off my mind? She reconciled with Peter already.

"I know how hard it must be for you, everything that has happened, I mean..." I paused when she shut her eyes and shook her head like she found my speech disagreeable.

"I know you love Florence..."

My lips formed a thin line and my cheeks heated up in embarrassment. How did she figure that out? I've never really displayed my feelings for Florence, have I?