8: Quickie

A\N: I've begun editing this book. I don't care how long it'll take but I'll finish anyways 😀 And the sequel to this book is already published, you may check them out on my profile.

*

'Quickie'

💭💭💭

With some files in my hand, I strode swiftly to Mr. Ross' office with the intention of returning them to him.

I heard sounds inside, voices laughing and talking. Pursing my lips, I opened the door leading to his office.

The lady who left with him earlier was on his lap stroking his cheek, his shirt was unbuttoned and his hair was a mess, I didn't need anyone to spell out what they had done. The thought of them doing the dirty deed in his office left me nauseous, coupled with the fact that they were kissing like there was no tomorrow. He held her tenderly with a hand and allowed his other hand survey every inch of her body.

I could have walked out if I wanted to and they wouldn't have noticed, instead, I stood watching their erotic caresses and kisses. The moans coming from the blonde stirred a sick feeling in my stomach. If only I could just get a little closer and puke on them... Pardon me, I get crazy at times.

So this was the business he had to take care of.

I coughed to distract them since they hadn't noticed my entrance.

Mr Ross regarded me resentfully and the lady wore a frown on her face, but they didn't make attempts to let go of each other.

"Excuse me sir, these are the files you left in my custody," I said, unfazed by their glares. If they had wanted to do the dirty, they should have choosen a much more discreet location.

Mr Ross said nothing and gently pushed the lady off his lap.

"I'll meet you up later Barbara." He muttered and rearranged his clothes. Barbara pulled her skirt which had ridden up to her thighs, down. She snatched her purse on his table, gave him a peck on his cheek and stormed out of the office after giving me a malicious look.

Yes bitch, get out.

Without buttoning his shirt, he walked towards me. I felt hot instantly and my knees quivered.

His eyes locked with mine till he got to where I was standing at the door, he looked down at my hands and I stretched my hand out, giving him the files, he took it from me without saying a word.

I expected an apology, but fully aware of his mighty ego, I knew I wouldn't get one.

"Get out." I blinked at him in utter disbelief .

"Excuse me?" I didn't expect that at all.

His eyes hardened with rage, and I resisted the urge to run away from this man.

"You heard me right, out!" He pointed at the door, I looked in the direction of his finger and back at his face.

"Are you out of your freaking mind?" I yelled, causing him to flinch. For a brief moment, worries about losing my job vanished into thin air.

"You leave me for several hours and all I get is this?" I opened my hands to place more emphasis on my statement.

"I've taken a lot of your nonsense attitude, but now I think I've reached my breaking point. You're a self-centered man you know? You aren't bothered by the feelings of others, everyone's like dust to you so you feel you can trample on everyone. Not this lady here." I pointed at myself.

"I don't care if I get fired but you're the worst man I've ever met." besides my dad though.

I saw his fist clench at his side and I feared he was going to hit me, but I wasn't done with him yet.

"You're so arrogant." I blasted and I saw rage flash in his eyes.

"Do not repeat that." He warned but I ignored his warning.

"You're arrogant..."

Everything that happened next happened so fast before I could bat an eyelid. I was slammed against the wall and my hands were pinned down to the wall at my sides.

I felt lightheaded, looking into Mr Philip's eyes all I could see was pure hatred, I had picked on a sensitive spot and all I could feel was regret. He continued glaring at me and I shivered slightly as his breath fanned my face. I saw pain behind the hardened expression on his face, I saw untold stories in his eyes, I saw everything, his face told it all. Behind his façade, there was someone else.

He breathed heavily as he looked into my eyes. The rage left his eyes gradually and his breathing became slower.

I shoved him away and walked out of his office.

💭💭💭
I helped my mom chop some onions while she took care of the meat which was cut into thin slices, Tamara brought out some muffins from the oven, her hands protected by the mittens on them.

We worked in silence till we had prepared the meal for the evening, since Tamara's boyfriend would be coming over, mom said we should 'prepare adequately'. She made it seem like we were hosting a party and I lost count of how many times I and Tamara rolled our eyes.

"Mom did too much, don't you think?" Tamara asked thoughtfully as we moved upstairs to dress up.

"You know mom, she likes doing things in a grand way."

Tamara shrugged her shoulders in agreement.

Truth be told, mom likes perfection and wouldn't have things any other way but perfect.

"I just hope he'll love it, Mike's a really simple person." Mike is her nickname for her boyfriend.

"He'll love it, don't worry too much," I reassured her, draping my hand across her waist.

"I hope so."

I frowned at this.

"Hey what happened to optimistic Tamara?" I punched her lightly on the upper part of her arm.

"Let's do this!" She shrieked, jumping wildly as we stepped into her room.

"Keep it down you two, Or I'm kicking you out!" Mum yelled from her room, making Tamara stop her crazed jumping with a grin.

I swear we bother our mother more than three-year olds.

"Let me go get dressed, okay?" She nodded and I departed from her room, before I left, she dived into her closet looking for a suitable dress to wear.

Finally after an hour, I emerged from my room just as Tamara was getting out of hers. She was dressed in a peach gown and had a pair of dangling earrings on both ears. As for me, I simply put on a T-shirt and a pair of blue jeans trousers, it wasn't my night, it was Tamara's, I wouldn't want to steal the spotlight from her.

"You look fabulous." I commented while studying the beautiful sapphire necklace.

She smiled and hugged me before proceeding downstairs with me behind her. Mom was downstairs already dressed in a shiny black gown and her hair packed up in a bun, she looked really beautiful. Her make-up was simple, yet adequate.

"Mom, you look really gorgeous," Tamara said and hugged mom.

"So do you, my little girl " My mom grinned when Tam scowled playfully.

"I'm not a little girl." She protested, slapping me on my shoulder for laughing.

Tamara's phone rang, she checked the caller ID and her eyes twinkled with excitement.

"He's here!" She shrieked and ran to the door, I rolled my eyes and faced my mom who shrugged her shoulder and straightened her gown.

We'll be meeting Tamara's boyfriend in the next chapter, hopefully, you'll like him.

Thanks for reading, commenting and voting.

Lots of love and kisses,