26: Cheating Sister

So, this new chapter is for Candice. I know how much she ships Sebastian and  Florence so I wrote this chapter for her. I hope you enjoy it.

'Cheating Sister'

"How did you know about this?" I asked  Sebastian who was seated on the furry floor beside me in the living room. Tamara had gone to oversee the preparations made for her wedding coming up in a few days time, leaving me alone with Sebastian who supposedly came to check on us.

"It's everywhere on the news, in magazines, everywhere you could think off." He hooked his eyes eyes with mine shortly.

I heaved. This was expected of course. Everyone knows about me being Philip's girlfriend just because of those nosey people, the paparazzi who take random pictures of me everywhere I go to. Philip had even offered me some bodyguards to prevent them from molesting me but I declined, using 'it wasn't necessary' as an excuse. A lame one at that.

"Well, what can I do now, the news is already leaked out." I fiddled with the TV remote in my hand and accidentally pressed the power button which led to me turning off the television.

Sebastian groaned. "Why did you do that?"

"It was not intentional." I flippantly replied and tossed the remote to him. He held it but refused to turn the TV on.

"It was, I know how much you hate the Kardashians." He glared at me.

I glared back at him "Who even came up with that stupid show, it's so annoying, why would I want to keep up with the Kardashians?"

"Because they're popular." He replied, dumping the TV remote beside him.

"And who cares? Turn on the TV if you want." I retorted bitterly.

Sebastian wore that stupid grin on his face as he stared at me. "The Kardashians are the best."

"Shut up."

He chuckled. "Why, you love my mouth, don't you?"

I cringed as dirty thoughts welled up within me. "Ew...no."

"Tsk...tsk...now who has a dirty mind?"

I laughed without emotions. "Haha, not funny."

Before he could make a comeback, I pushed myself away from the floor and escaped into the kitchen. I heard him laughing and even if I knew it was aimed at me, I chose to ignore it. Instead, I reached for the highest cabinet above my head just for curiosity's sake.

I jumped up and down when I failed to reach the silver knob. In frustration, I huffed and searched for the kitchen stool which was somewhere behind the refrigerator. Don't ask me how it got there.

I climbed onto the stool and reached out, this time with more ease. Then, all of a sudden, the stool tilted to one side and I lost my balance and fell to the floor. The sharp pain I felt in my back made me dizzy so I remained on the floor while my head spun round and round.

Sebastian rushed into the kitchen. "Florence, what happened to you?"

I watched how concern spread all over his eyes as he knelt beside me.

"I fell off that stool." I nodded at the stool and crossed my arm over my forehead.

"That must have really hurt, can you walk?" He took my free hand in his and stroked it gently, while staring into the depths of my eyes.

"For now, I don't think I can."

Sebastian pulled me up carefully and placed an arm behind my back. I froze in apprehension of how close we were.