27:I've Been Kissing Your Best Friend

Sorry for my unavoidable long absence from Wattpad, I needed complete seclusion from everything, but now I'm back, hopefully. I'm not certain of a fixed update schedule yet but I'll try to update regularly.

*
*
*
'I've Been Kissing Your Best Friend'

"So, you mean to tell me that you kissed your boyfriend's best friend." Tris spoke with her eyes wide open in excitement. Her hair danced around  her shoulders as she moved her head.

I looked around to see if anyone was eavesdropping. Apparently, the people around us were drinking their hearts out and wouldn't be bothered to listen to my boy problems.

"I believe that's what I said...can you keep your voice low?"

"How did it happen? Tell me."

My cheeks heated up as I remembered everything. "So, we were arguing over a TV show and when I couldn't keep up with the argument, I went to the kitchen. That's where I fell off a stool and  Sebastian had to carry me to my room..."

"Like a baby?"

"Would you stop interrupting me?"

Tris rolled her eyes and made a gesture for me to continue.

"So, that's what happened. I don't know what to do, I'm confused." I buried my face in my palms as I looked for a way out of the sticky mess I found myself in.

"Florence..." Tris touched my head lightly, making me look up at her.

"You need a break girl. It'll help clear your head a little bit. You've gone through a lot and doing nothing to relieve your nerves would be bad for you. Go on a vacation to somewhere, England, Spain, Paris or anywhere else. You need it."

I took a swig of the liquid before me. It burned my throat slightly before gliding down into my stomach.

"I can't  just leave my mom and sister alone." I protested weakly and stared the gleaming liquid in the cup before me. Tris threw her head backwards as she downed the alcohol in her cup.

"I never knew you to be a drinker."

She narrowed her eyes and demanded for a fresh round of alcoholic drinks.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

I ignored the irritated look on her face. "You have always been an uptight person. I mean, look at your glasses and...ow! "

My statement was cut short when Tris scratched my face with her long nails. My present fear was that her nails had made an unpleasant long line on my face. This was just a lesson never to mess with Tris whenever we hang out next time at a bar.

"Oops! Sorry!" She let out a large burp and patted her stomach.

"Ew...that's nasty." I cringed as a repulsive stench hit my nose. I pinched my nose in order to block out the smell. Tris only had a wide grin on her face as I twisted my face in displeasure. "You're so disgusting."

Tris let out a wild cackle."But you're hanging out with me, that makes you disgusting too. Bottoms up, girl, forget your sorrow."

And so, my sorrows were temporarily forgotten as I gulped in glass after glass of alcohol till I couldn't count again.

After consuming fairly large amounts of alcohol, Tris and I stumbled  out of bar at ten o'clock in the night. Tris hailed a cab and left me to my fate.

Wasted as I was, I managed to hold on to a metallic pole so I wouldn't fall. Staring around me,  I was instantly filled with fear due to the darkness around me. The only source of light was that coming from the bar and that was a few feet from me.