6: Need A Ride Miss?

Hey guys, in case you're a fan of Cinderella stories that don't go the way they should, I wouldn't mind if you checked out 'Twisted' on my profile : Tris_Pryer

Thanks.

'Need A Ride Miss?'

I speedily took a shower and wore the first corporate dress my hands fell upon. Without zipping up my black dress. I wickedly snatched a cream coloured pair of stilettos  and ran out of the house in disarray.

Why did I make a mad dash out of the house?

Isn't it apparent? I'm disastrously late for work. I woke up a little bit late and that's unlike me.  Tamara left for New Jersey yesterday for a law suit held in the High Court and wouldn't be back till  afternoon. Mom had left earlier than usual, disobeying her normal routine. I knew because... because...never mind that.

I tripped over a tree stump whilst trying to get my zip closed. I shrieked in pain and forcefully dragged my zip all the way up as a cab stopped before me.

"Need a ride miss?" The handsome brown-haired cabman demanded, tilting towards me.

"Oh yeah, I do." I threw my bag in through the open door and wildly dived into the back seat, slamming the door shut.

As I marched into Nicholas Corporation, I braced myself for a scolding from my boss. For the past two weeks, I've managed to avoid him and it surprisingly worked. Apart from the annoying mails sent at intervals, he didn't bother me.

Today however will be a different, I could tell by the pitiful glances cast at me by some of my colleagues.

Immediately I stepped into my office, there was a ding on my laptop indicating that I had a mail from my boss.

📥📥📥
Come over to my office at once.

I rolled my eye as I marched to his office.

He was looking at a file when I stepped in, looking all handsome as ever, my eyes rove from his perfectly fit Armani suit to his perfectly styled black hair. Honestly, his dressing style has no single flaw, his character however was an entirely different matter, it was broken.

Flinging away my thoughts, I approached him. He lowered the file enclosed in his fingers and shot a disgusting look at me like I was a loathsome spider.

"You sent for me." I mumbled and he swiftly flung the file at me, making my mouth open on its own.

"What was that for?" I glared at him but the man sat calmly in his seat like nothing had happened.

The arrogant jerk..

"Run along with that to Justin, he knows what to do with the contents."

I was enraged. He just hurled a bulky file at me, had I not avoided it, it might have left a bruise on my hand. I would have loved to sue him for assault, I would so like to see his face when the case ended in my favour. Suing him at the same time meant one thing; I would fail even before I started.

I rolled my eyes at my own thoughts. He might be my boss, but that doesn't give him the right to treat me like a slave.

"Just who do you think you are?" I demanded inching closer.

"I'm your boss-"

I hushed him up with a wave of my hand.

"You might be my boss but that doesn't guarantee that you treat me like garbage."

He stared at me like I was crazy.

"How dare you speak to me in that manner?" He roared and rose to his feet. His anger instead of deterring me, compelled me to say additional words.