Chapter 3

Previously on Chapter 2

I feel like the worst person each time I recall the look of betrayal and anger on her face. Along with the way her tears streams down both of her cheeks as she stares me in the eyes. It feels like a stab in the chest.

I'm so sorry, Y/N...

-Hopeless-

Aang P.O.V

Everyone starts fighting against the Fire Nation. I hate not being able to do anything. "I'm gonna give us some cover!" Katara said. She runs off to give a hand at fighting the enemies.

"I can't just stand by and do nothing!" I said. I turn around and try to run out of our hiding spot. But a hand grab my glider, yanking me back inside. "Aang, no! You're still hurt, and you have to stay secret! Just let us handle this" Sokka said. "Fine" I said. I take my glider back and walks further inside.

***

I'm in Y/N's room, while the others are busy doing their things. I'm holding her hand in one of mine. I gently run my free hand through her hair.

"When are you going to wake up, sis? I can't do this battle on my own. I need you. Remember what Roku said? We need to work together in order to be strong to end this war..." I said.

The door opens to reveal the others. "Hey, Aang! We're going into town to find some dinner" Toph said. I clutch my stomach as it starts to rumble. "Well, I am pretty hungry. Maybe dinner's a good idea" I said.

"Here, tie this around your head. It will cover your arrow" Sokka said, handing me a headband with Fire Nation symbol in it. I stare at it in annoyance. I turn my head away from them.

"I'm not going out if I can't wear my arrow proudly!" I said. I keep my gaze at Y/N, who's still not showing a sign of waking up. "Aang, come on. Be practical!" Sokka said, insisting that I should wear the bandana around my head.

"You guys go ahead without us. We'll catch up to you" Katara said. I can hear their footsteps walking away. Katara sits next to me. I keep playing with Y/N's hand.

She place a gentle hand on my shoulder. "I think I understand why being a secret bothers you so much. You don't want people to think you failed" she said. "You're right, I don't. But the problem is, I did fail!" I snapped.

"Aang, that's not true" she said, trying to comfort me. I shake my head. I get up on my feet and turn to look at her. "It is true. I was in Ba Sing Se. I was there! But I lost. And now the Earth Kingdom is fallen for good. Heck... I can't even protect my little sister! Look at her! She's in a coma for trying to save me. I'm hopeless..." I said, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"It's not for good. As for Y/N... I'm sure we can find a way to get her to wake up..." she said. I close my eyes still holding Y/N's hand. "I just don't want to end up losing Y/N, she's the only family I have left of the Air Nomads. Without her I'd be... lost" I said. "I know... but remember there's still a plan. The invasion!" She said.

"And I hate the invasion plan, too! I don't want you or anyone else risking your lives to fix my mistakes! I've always known that I would have to face the Fire Lord. But now I know I need to do it alone" I said, turning to look at her in anger.

"Aang..." she said. I shake my head, not wanting to hear what she wants to say. "Katara, please! Just go... please" I said. She nods her head. She turns around and head for the door.

"Is there anything you need?" She said, before she walks out. "I need to redeem myself. I need my honor back..." I said. Now I understand what Zuko felt. Losing our honor is the worst... all we feel are shame and despair. She finally left without another word.

I turn to Y/N and sit back down next to her. "Y/N... please. Wake up. I need you, sis..." I said. She makes no sign of waking up. I clench my hands into a tight fists. She's not only hurting for trying to cure me. She is also hurting because Zuko betrayed her, and I will make him pay for it.

"Don't worry, Y/N... I'll make Zuko pay for hurting you" I said. I lean down and place a soft kiss on her forehead. I force myself to stand up and make my way out of the ship.

I open my glider and fly into the sky. I'm going to make all the Fire Nation pay, especially Zuko and Azula. They're the reasons Y/N is in such condition. It is all their fault!

Katara P.O.V

I walk towards Y/N's room, where Aang would be. I open the door. "I brought you some food!" I said, as I enter the room. But I see only Y/N, Aang is nowhere in sight. My eyes widened in realization at what was happening. "Oh no..." I said. I turn around and run off to warn the others.

I approach Bato and dad. They turn to look at me. Bato notices the tears in my eyes. "I'll leave you two alone" he said. He turns around and walks off. Dad looks at me with a worried expression.

"What's wrong, Katara?" Dad said. "He left..." I said. He furrowed his eyebrow. "Aang. He just took his glider and disappeared. He has this ridiculous notion that he has to save the world alone, that it's all his responsibility. That his sister is hurt because he's not strong enough" I said.

"Maybe that's his way of being brave..." he said. I shake my head. "It's not brave, it's selfish and stupid! We could be helping him and I know the world needs him, but doesn't he know how much we need him, too? How can he just leave us behind?" I said.

"You're talking about me too, aren't you?" He said. I glare at him. "How could you leave us, Dad? I mean, I know we had Gran-Gran, and she loved us, but we were just so lost without you" I said. I try to wipe my tears, but they just keep on flowing.

He walks towards me, attempting to hug me. But I just move out of the way. "I'm so sorry, Katara..." he said. I walk towards him and hugs him. He hugs me back instantly.

"I understand why you left. I really do, and I know that you had to go, so why do I still feel this way? I'm so sad and angry and hurt!" I said. He tightens his arms around me.

"I love you more than anything. You and your brother are my entire world. I thought about you every day when I was gone and every night when I went to sleep, I would lie awake missing you so much it would ache" he said. I bury my face against his chest.

After a while, I finally calmed down. I pull away from the hug. "Now, let's go find your friend..." he said. I smile and nod my head. Aang... where did you go? Why'd you go alone? Please be okay...

*to be continued*