Chapter 20

Previously on Chapter 19

Losing my bending is probably one of the hardest thing I have to face. I feel weak and useless without them. I wish they'd come back. But will I?

-Broken Dam-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm sitting down with my back against one of Appa's leg. I'm currently sharpening my dual swords. This is something I never thought I'd be doing... especially since I have my bending. But now that they're gone... I guess sharpening my weapon before a battle is something I have to get use to now.

The boys and Toph are heading to town. I'm not sure what they're doing. Probably continuing with their little mischiefs. But I don't wanna think too much about them. I don't want to be blamed again.

I hear footsteps coming closer towards me. I don't have to turn around to know who it is because there is just us. So I just keep my attention on sharpening my dual swords.

"If you're here to blame me again... I suggest you shut your mouth. I may have no bending but I can still hurt you. I'd rather not do that... so just leave me alone" I said, without looking up. The sound of footsteps comes to a halt.

"I'm not here to blame you, Y/N... I just wanted to apologize. What I said yesterday was totally uncalled for..." she said. I place my sharpening rock down and turn to look at Katara. I stand up, still holding one of my sword.

"Oh really? Because that doesn't sound like it came out of your mouth accidentally. No words does that. You must have thought that I'm an irresponsible girl, didn't you?" I said, staring at her accusingly. She just stares at me. I scoff and turns around to walk away.

"You've changed, Y/N... you used to be so cheerful and always have a positive mindset" she said. I stop walking at what she said. I stab my sword into the ground and turn to look at her.

"Are you serious, Katara? That's what you said to me after all the things I've been through. You're saying that I've changed?" I said, staring at her with hurt on my face.

"I have been trying SO hard to endure all of my pain, Katara. You don't know what I have been going to through!" I said. "Y/N... I-" she said. "Remember Ty Lee?" I said, cutting her off. I don't want to hear anything she have to say. She stays silent after I cut her off.

"Do you remember the day she blocked your chi and took away your bending?? What do you feel that day, huh? At least you gained them back. Or... or when Jet hurts and betrayed your trust! What about that, huh??" I said. She keeps her head down after what I said. I wipe away the tears that managed to slip out of my eyes.

"It was hard for me, okay? I risked everything when I decided to accept his love. He promised me that we will work things out! But he betrayed me... he chose to side the very same person that almost killed Aang. No... she did killed him. I brought him back to life by giving him my spiritual energy" I said. Katara stares at me in shock.

"You gave him your spiritual energy?" She said. I roll my eyes at what she said. Of all the things I told her. That's all she caught on?

"Yeah... that's why I was lacking of spiritual energy when you tried to heal me. And in return... I have to lose my bending as the price I have to pay! Sure... the Painted Lady healed me by giving me some sort of spiritual energy in the water she gave you. But it's only enough to wake me up from my coma. Not to help me fully recovered" I said. I stop talking when I realize something.

"Now that I think about it... that's probably why I kept on feeling tired after waking up" I said. Katara just stares at me. I let out a sigh and shakes my head, realizing I'm getting off topic.

"Anyway, that's besides the point! Do you think you have the audacity to say that I've changed?" I said. "No, I-" she said. "You're right... you don't have the right to say a thing about my 'change' of character" I said, cutting her off.

"You really need to learn how to control your tongue, Katara" I said. I turn around and walks away before she can say anything else. I turn around and walks away, grabbing the sword I've planted on the ground along the way. I gently place them back inside their scabbard and keeps on walking away, not wanting to be anywhere near Katara.

I stop by the same cliff I came last night. I sit down and hugs my knees. I close my eyes thinking of the person that caused me this much pain.

Flashback

"Please, Y/N. I really love you. I promise you we can work this out" he said. "We are polar opposite, Zuko..." I said. "I know... but please trust me" he said, pleadingly. He leans his forehead against mine.

"Please..." he breathed out. I close my eyes and nod my head. "Okay..." I said. He smiled happily and pulled me in for a kiss.

Change of view

"I thought you've changed!" Katara said. "I have changed..." he said. "Yeah... you've changed for the worst! I thought you were better than that!" I said, angrily.

"This is my destiny, Y/N... we can't change that" he said. He lift his hand and shot a burst of flame at me. I jumped out of the way and turned to look at him with hurt and anger.

End of Flashback

I clutch my hair tightly, as heavy tears streams down my cheeks. I let out a loud blood-curling scream. All the pain and sadness finally breaking the dam I've built up until now.

I stand up on my feet. I stare into the sky as rain start to pour heavily. The thunder booming in the distance is similar to the storm inside my heart.

I HATE YOU, ZUKO!!!!

Zuko P.O.V

I sprung up on my bed. I feel an ache on my chest. I run my hand through my hair and walk towards my room's balcony. I lean forward and place my hands on the railing.

I don't know why... but for some odd reason, I can hear Y/N's voice. She's yelling that she hates me... and the thought of it hurts my heart. Y/N...

I'm so sorry...

*to be continued*