Chapter 80

Previously on Chapter 79

"Well, now you know..." he said. I just keep laughing along with everyone. Zuko wraps his arm around my shoulder, making me lean on his while still laughing softly. He places a soft kiss on the side of my head. I smile softly at him and turn to look everyone who seem to enjoy the company of Zuko and the others. I smile softly. Slowly but surely... we will restore the world's peace.

-A Familiar Face-

Y/N P.O.V

After the Kyoshi Island, we decided to continue our journey. I sit on b/n's head while holding onto the reign. I lean my back while stare at the sky above. I start to yawn softly, while covering my mouth.

"If you're tired... I can stir b/n for a bit" Zuko said, as he leans over b/n's saddle. I smile softly at him and shakes my head. "Nah... I'm fine" I said. He leans down and place a soft kiss on my forehead, making me smile at him.

He slowly moves to sit next to me on b/n's head. He wrap an arm around my shoulder, gently pulling me closer to his side. I lean my head on his shoulder and closes my eyes for a few seconds.

"I love you, Y/N..." he said. I open my eyes to look at him. "I love you to0, Zuko" I said, smiling softly at him. He smiles at me and cups the side of my cheek. He leans in and gently places a soft kiss on my lips. I smile into the kiss as I kiss him back.

He pulls away only to place another soft kiss on my forehead. I smile as he let his lips linger against my skin. I close my eyes, savoring the feeling. He just hold me close after that.

"Hey, Y/N!!" I hear my brother yelled out for me. I pull away from Zuko and turn to look at him who's sitting on Appa's head. "What?" I asked. He points forward.

I turn my head to see a village. My eyes widen as soon as I stare at it. It's the village I used to protect. The village where I first got reunited with Aang. The place where everything started for me.

"Wanna land there??" He asked. I turn to look at him and nod my head, smiling softly. I urge b/n to land there. Aang doing the same with Appa.

I jump off of b/n head. I look around the place. So many memories starts coming back to me. The good and the bad ones. I look around the place, everything is just like the way I left it.

"Wow... everything is just like how I left it" I said, as I still look around the place. Aang walks over to me and wrap an arm around my shoulder. He grins at me and nods his head in agreement.

"Yeah... it sure is, sis" he said. I smile softly at him and wrap my arms around his torso. Toph walks over to stand next to me. I turn my head to look at her.

Even though her eyes are milky green. I can still see the curiosity reflecting in them. "Soo... where is this, exactly?" She asked. I smile softly and turn to look at the village again.

"This... was where everything started for me. This is where I got reunited with Aang and met the others. It's also where I met Zuko, but... we were not on a good terms" I said, turning to Zuko. He flinch after I said the last part.

"She's back!!!!" Someone yelled out. I furrow my eyebrow at the sudden voice. I turn my head to see a group of people running towards us. Most of them are a bunch of kids.

One of the younger girl rushes towards me, throwing her arms around me. "You're back" she said. I just blink in surprise, before smiling. I lift my hand and gently caress her head.

"Yeah... I'm back..." I said. She smiles brightly at me. I can practically see her eyes sparkling. "Did you do it? Did you succeed in ending the war??" She said. I smile softly at her and nod my head.

"You do seem quite popular around these people, Y/N..." Suki said. I turn to look at her and smiles. "You could say that..." I said. I turn my head to look at the people as they keep cheering for me.

"Y/N here have been this village's protecter. She will always come to this village and protect everyone..." Aang said. I just smile softly at what he said, while still keeping my attention on the people.

"You all seem to take care of the nature. Well done, everyone..." I said, smiling softly at them. The chief walks towards me and bows at me. I smile softly and return the gesture.

"Of course... it was all thanks to you. We have all the strength to fight back. We keep the promise we made to you that we'll look after the nature as a reminder of your kindness" he said. I blush deep shade of red at his compliment.

"Hey! Hurry up! You need to meet somebody! This is the hero we've been telling you!" Someone yelled. I turn to look at the source in confusion. The chief let out a chuckle at the expression I'm making.

"Oh... it's just a new addition to the village. We met him a while back and gave him a home..." he said. I turn my head when I hear footsteps. My eyes widen in shock when I realize who the person is.

"Jet?!" I said. Jet's eyes widened when he realize who I am. "Y/N? So it was you? You're the Silent Bender these people been boasting about?? Wait... I thought the Silent Bender suppose to be mute..." he said. I just laugh nervously, while rubbing the back of my head sheepishly.

"I'm not mute... I just didn't say anything to these people for a while" I said. He just hummed softly at what I said. "Wow... the whole gang is here. I didn't expect to meet you guys again. Especially after what happened back in Ba Sing Se... it's nice to see you all again" he said. He slowly turns his head to look over my shoulder. I can see his eyes darkens slightly.

I turn my head to see he's staring at Zuko. Jet stare at Zuko with so much hatred in his eyes. "What the hell are you doing with this monster??" He said, as he points a finger at him.

"Who are you calling a monster! I have a name! I may have done bad things in the past. But I have changed! I helped the Avatar gang ends the war!"Zuko said, sounding offended. Jet just keeps on glaring at him.

I stand in between the two. "Now now... settle down, both of you. The war is over. Let's not start a fight again, okay?" I said. Zuko let out a sigh and drop his stance. Jet's glare didn't waver.

"Jet... please?" I said. He turns to look at me and let out a sigh. "Whatever..." he said. He turns around and walks away without saying anything else. I just sigh at his reaction.

It seem that Jet's hatred for the Fire Nation is still burning... probably hotter than fire itself. Looks like it's going to take a while to convince him to give the Fire Nation a chance. But we should try. It's going to be hard... but it's not impossible.

*to be continued*