Chapter 35

Previously on Chapter 34

"But still... thank you. I'll keep for when my bending returns" I said, smiling softly. He smiles at me. "And I hope they will return soon..." he said, making me smile. I let out a sigh and looks down. Aang wraps a comforting arm around my shoulder. I turn to look at him and smile. Yeah... hopefully they'll return soon.

-The Invasion Plan-

Y/N P.O.V

We are now standing by the podium. Sokka will be telling the plans about the invasion. We don't have a lot of times, so we have to get to it. I can see Sokka looking very nervous.

"Don't worry, you'll do great" Hakoda said, patting his shoulder. I give him a side hug. "You're a great leader for the four of us... I'm sure you'll be able to lead this invasion" I said, reassuringly. He smiles at me gratefully. He starts to walk towards the podium.

"Good morning everyone. Ahh!" Sokka said, as he trips on the podium. He take a deep breath and walks further into the center. "Umm... so, as you know, today, we're invading the Fire Nation! I mean I know you know that because otherwise why else would you be here?" He said. He lets out a nervous chuckle. I've never seen Sokka so nervous before. I just give him an awkward smile.

"Uh anyway" he said. He tried to open one of the scrolls, but ended up dropping the others. He quickly gathers them again. He pins it on the wall. "The Fire Lord's palace is here" he said. He soon realize it's not the right map.

"Uh nope, uh wait, uh wait, uh wait, it's here" he said after he finally get the right one. He looks around in nervousness. He makes eye contact with me. "Deep breath" I mouthed. He takes a deep breath. But I can still see him shaking a little from the nerve.

"And uh, there's an eclipse today and Aang's gonna fight the Fire Lord and the firebenders won't have any fire to use so that's good for us!" He said. I just let out a sigh, as he starts to tell what happened in the past. How he discover Aang, then how he met me in that small village.

"Wow, when he says the beginning he means the beginning beginning" Katara said. I turn to look at her with a worried gaze. Will Sokka be able to pull this off? I'm starting to doubt that. He's way too nervous right now. Hakoda stands up and walks towards him.

"And then Katara got Haru arrested and then now he's grown a mustache which if you look at him in the front row you can see it..." Sokka said, still going with the story.

"Thank you, Sokka. It's okay why don't you take a break?" Hakoda said, interrupting him. He walks off the podium and take a seat next to me. "Hey... you tried your best. It's okay" I said. He turns to me and smiles softly.

"Thanks, Y/N... I was so disappointed in myself. I'm not a good leader..." he said. "No... just because you can't talk about the invasion plan. It doesn't mean you're a bad leader. You're just not used to this. I'm sure someday you'll be able to speak about the plans professionally" I said. He just smiles at me. I turn my head and focus on Hakoda as he starts telling us the plan.

"Excuse me. The Boulder is confused. Isn't the point to invade during the eclipse, when the firebenders are powerless?" The Boulder asked. He looks very confused by the plan Hakoda have told us. Hakoda turns to look at him.

"The eclipse only lasts eight minutes, not enough time for the whole invasion. And the Royal Palace is heavily guarded by firebenders. So that's where we'll need the eclipse's advantage the most. When this is finished, the Avatar will have defeated the Fire Lord. We will have control of the Fire Nation capital, and this war will be over!" He said. Everyone cheers with so much power.

***

Everyone is currently preparing themselves for the battle. I keep sharpening my dual swords. I turn to look at Aang.

"Aang..." I said. He turns to look at me. "Yeah?" He said. "I'm sorry I couldn't do much to help. Avatar Roku told us that we should work together. But at the time like this... I ended up losing my bending..." I said.

"Y/N... it's not your fault. You were only trying to save me. If it weren't for you. I would have died a long time ago" he said, placing a gentle hand on my shoulder. I just give him a small smile.

"We still have a couple of hours before the invasion begins. I wanna go to the realm to visit my parents. Maybe they'll have an advice for me" I said. He nods his head. I stand up and walks towards a quieter place. I sit down, crossed leg. I put my fist together and close my eyes.

Realm

"Mom? Dad?" I called out. I walk through the field of the realm. This place looks a lot like the real world. But everything have their own lights. They sparkles like billions of diamonds.

"In here, honey..." mom said. I turn my head to see them. I grin and rushes towards them. I wrap my arms around them. "I miss you guys!" I said. They wrap their arms around me in return.

"What brings you here?" Dad asked. I turn to look at him. "I just wanna pay a visit before we head off to invade the Fire Nation..." I said. They just hum at why I said.

"But you seem troubled, Y/N..." mom said. I let out a sigh and looks down. "Avatar Roku told us that me and Aang should work together in order to end the war. But at an important time like this. I ended up losing my bending... I can't help but feel useless" I said.

"Even though you lost your bending. You're still an excellent at dual swords. I'm sure you'll manage... we believe in you" dad said. "Just look inside you... believe in yourself and never give up..." mom said. I smile at the two of them. "Thank you, mom... dad" I said, hugging them.

End of Realm

I open my eyes. I look up at the sky. I stand up and make my way over to the others. Everyone is ready to attack the Fire Nation. My friends and brother are the first to notice me.

"Are you ready, sis?" Aang said. I turn to look at him. I look around and everyone, as they stare back at me with a smile. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I open my eyes and stares at them with a determined look.

I'm ready

*to be continued*