Chapter 64

Previously on Chapter 63

I don't want to have to take someone's life. But we don't really have much of a choice, but to kill the Fire Lord. It need to be done. We have to do it, if we want the world to return to it once was. I wish things were different. I wish there's a way to prevent us from having to kill the Fire Lord. But what can we do?

-Ember Island-

Y/N P.O.V

Zuko leads us to an island. He said it's the Island's name is Ember. It's a place where he and his family used to come. He's sure that we're going to be safe there.

We have reached the Island. I use my air-bending to get down from Appa's saddle, as the other slides off his tail. I look around the place, admiring the beauty. It's hard to believe this is the home of the evil Fire Lord Ozai.

"Doesn't it seem kind of weird that we're hiding from the Fire Lord in his own house?" Katara said. Zuko's sitting on a dried fountain. He's wiping his body and face with a cloth.

"I told you, my father hasn't come here since our family was actually happy. And that was a long time ago. It's the last place anyone would think to look for us" he said. I walk over to him and take a seat next to him.

I hear two pair of footsteps coming closer towards us. I turn my head to see Sokka and Suki. "You guys are not gonna believe this! There's a play about us" he said, holding up a rolled up piece of paper.

"We were just in town and we found this poster!" Suki said. Sokka unrolls the paper to show it to us. I just stare at it and turn to look at the others. I turn to look at the poster again, observing how the poster is laid out. It have a picture of all of us.

"What? How is that possible?" Katara said. I shrugs my shoulders, at her question. Sokka turns it to face him so he can read the content.

"Listen to this ... "The Boy in the Iceberg is a new production from acclaimed playwright Pu-on Tim, who scoured the globe gathering information on the Avatars, from the icy South Pole to the heart of Ba Sing Se. His sources include singing nomads, pirates, prisoners of war, and a surprisingly knowledgeable merchant of cabbage" he said.

"Brought to you by the critically acclaimed Ember Island Players" Suki said. I stare at the two of them. I let out a sigh and cross my arms across my chest as I give him an unamused expression.

"I'm not even sure that's even going to be accurate. I mean... I'm sure no one actually knows what we have experienced" I said. Zuko let out a groan and turn to look at me.

"Ugh! My mother used to take us to see them. They butchered Love Amongst the Dragons every year! Y/N is right. It's not going to be accurate no matter how much resources they have gathered" he said. But despite what we said, Sokka still looks interested in watching the show.

"Sokka, do you really think it's a good idea for us to attend a play about ourselves?" Katara said. Sokka let out a whine at what she asked. "Come on, a day at the theater? This is the kind of wacky time-wasting nonsense I've been missing!" He said. I let out a soft sigh at what he said.

***

In the end, we ended up going anyway. We make our way inside the theatre. Zuko gently pulls me along as he make sure I take a seat next to him. Zuko takes a seat next to Katara, making Aang stops as he's about to sit there.

"Hey, uh... I wanted to sit there" Aang said. Zuko just removes his hood and turn to look at him. "Just sit next to me. What's the big deal?" He said. I let out a sigh at his cluelessness. He didn't see that Aang's got a crush on Katara. But I just stay silent, because I don't want to make things awkward between the two of them.

Zuko wraps his arm around my shoulder. "What's the deal with your brother?" He asked. I turn to give him a look. "Can't you see? He's in love with Katara and wanted to sit with her..." I said. He stares at me with an "😯" expression. I roll my eyes and gently hit his chest.

"Sorry... I didn't know" he said, looking at me with an apologetic smile. "Let's just enjoy the show..." I said, turning to look at the stage. Zuko gently pulls me closer. I bit back a smile as I snuggle closer to his side.

"Why are we sitting in the nosebleed section? My feet can't see a thing from up here!" Toph said. I just give her a sympathetic gaze. She obviously didn't see that. But that didn't change the fact that I still feel bad for her.

"Don't worry, I'll tell your feet what's happening" Katara said. I just turn to her for a few seconds and turn my attention back to the stage in front of us.

The curtain rises which tells us the show is starting. There's a girl dressing up like Katara. I knew it's not going to be accurate. Katara never wears that much make up!

The actress lets out a sigh. "Sokka, my only brother! We constantly roam these icy South Pole seas, and yet never do we find anything fulfilling!" She said. I turn my attention to the guy next to her, dressing up as Sokka.

The actor that plays Sokka didn't like like him one bit. "All I want is a full feeling in my stomach! I'm starving!" He said, turning to look at the audience. Everyone burst out laughing, except for us. Katara and Sokka shares a confused look with each other, which I'm not gonna blame them for. Well... this show is confusing so far. I wonder how mine looks like.

"Is food the only thing on your mind?" 'Katara' said. "Well, I'm trying to get it out of my mind and into my mouth! I'm starving!" 'Sokka' said, making the audience burst out laughing once again. I turn my head to look at Sokka, he looks so unimpressed by the impersonation of the actor.

Sokka let out a groan. "This is pathetic! My jokes are way funnier than this!" He said, extending his arms in a dramatic manner. I cover my mouth as I let out a giggle. He turns to look at me.

"What??" He said. I shake my head. "Nothing... it's nothing..." I said. I turn to look at Zuko as he turns to me. I let out a soft giggle and bury my face in his shoulder. I can hear a chuckle coming from him as he pulls me closer.

Even though it's not so accurate so far. It's amusing to watch. I can't wait for my part... but also, not so looking forward to it. That's just didn't make sense. But whatever.

*to be continued*