Chapter 32

Previously on Chapter 31

She starts explaining that Aang got enrolled to a Fire Nation school not so long ago. Then her and Sokka have to pretend to be Aang's parents since he got into trouble with some kid from that school. Wow.. I must have missed a lot while I was out. It makes me feel bad. Aang have to deal with these all on his own and I couldn't even do anything. It makes me feel so bad. I'm sorry, Aang...

-What Should We Do?-

Y/N P.O.V

After Sokka's counseling didn't work, now it's Toph turn to try and get Aang to calm down. Which is why right now Aang is laying on top of some wood pillars.

"All right! What you need is a good old-fashioned back pounding to relieve your stress" Toph said. I just watch with a worried gaze. "Do you really think this is a good idea?" I asked. She waves her hand at me dismissively. "He'll be fine!" He said. I shrugs my shoulders.

"Alright... if you say so. Just don't hurt my brother" I said. "Are you ready, Aang?" She said. My brother nods his head. "Pound away..." he said. Toph starts to repeatedly stomps on the ground.

"Ow! Toph... I... think...this... is... bruising... me!" He said. I turn to look at Toph. "Stop it, Toph!" I said. She instantly stops stomping on the ground. "Sorry. I forgot you had baby skin" he said. I rush towards Aang and helps him up.

"Well, there's one other thing we can try" she said. She stomps the ground and something flies from the distance. She lift her hand to let it land on it. I raise an eyebrow as I realize it's a boar-q-pine. She grins excitedly. "Acupuncture!" She said. The boar-q-pine's quills sticks out. Aang let out a scream and runs away.

"I think that's just going to make him more scared" I said. "Yeah, you're right" she said, nodding her head and drops the boar-q-pine, who instantly runs away as soon as it touches the ground. I just let out a soft giggle at Aang's horrified expression.

***

Aang is sitting up, holding his knees. He looks tired from all the treatments. "Thanks for everything, guys" he said. "So, do you feel less stressed? Ready for a good night's sleep?" Katara said. He turns his head away from what she said.

"Uh, I kinda think I sorta might slightly feel a little better... maybe..." he said. I let out a sigh. That's a sign that he didn't calm down at all. I wonder what I should do now.

"Then our work here is done" Sokka said. The three of them stretches their body and yawn. They lay down on the ground and drift off to sleep. I let out a sigh and turn to look at Aang.

"You're lying. I know you haven't calmed down..." I said. He lets out a sigh. "I don't wanna keep you guys awake because of me..." he said. I walk towards him and take a seat next to him. I place my hand on his shoulder and gently make him lay down on my lap. I run my hand through his hair softly. He relaxes a bit and closes his eyes, letting himself drift off to sleep.

A While Later

"Ahhhhhhh!!!!!" Aang screams, startling everyone including me. He sprung up from my lap and start to breathe heavily. I gently rub his back to try and calm him down.

"What happened, Aang?" Katara said. He leans his body to mine. I can feel him shaking violently. "It's the nightmares. They just get worse and worse" he said, whimpering slightly.

"Looks like it's time for another... therapy session" Sokka said. I turn to look at him to see him wearing his fake beard. I let out a sigh and holds Aang. "It's not going to work... none of it works..." I said. Aang nods his head in agreement at what I said.

"No. That won't help. Nothing helps. There's only one thing I can do! I'm going to stay awake straight through to the invasion!" He said. I shake my head at what he said.

He starts shaking at what he just said. The others just gape at him. I walk towards him and gently turn him to face me.

"No, Aang... you can't. You won't feel well if you go through without sleep. You won't be able to focus" I said. The others nods their heads, agreeing with me. He just walks away, ignoring what I had just said. I let out a sigh and turn to look at the others. They look back at me with the same worried look.

Katara and I decided to check out on him. I can see Aang walking back and forth. "You don't look so good. You sure you can't just lie down for a little nap?" Katara said. He turns to look at us.

"I told you, I can't go back to sleep" he said. I let out a sigh and walk towards him. "Aang, staying up all night can't be good for you" I said. He turns and walk towards the cliff. He looks in daze. He suddenly turns his body and bend forward. He's puckering his lips as if he's trying to kiss something.

"Aang!" I yelled out. He seems to have snapped out of it. "I was just saying you should take a nap" Katara said. He turns around to face us. "Oh, I guess I kinda drifted off into a daydream" he said.

"What was your dream about?" Katara said. He seem to panic a little. "Uhh... living underwater?" He said. I have a feeling that he's lying about that. I just stay silent, not wanting to make him awkward. Having an anxiety attack is bad enough. "Sounds neat!" Katara said, although she looks just as confused as I am.

For the rest of the day, Aang's acting is getting even more strange. At one point, he start to talk to Momo in Momo's voice. I can even see him laughing. He's going to lose it if he didn't get any sleep anytime sooner.

Things like this never happens to him before when we were kids. He only have minor anxiety here and there. But never until having nightmares. Now he seem to be having daydreams as well. Oh Spirits... what should we do now?

*to be continued*