Chapter 34

Previously on Chapter 43

Aang pulls away from me and cups my cheeks. "That was your idea?" He said. I just nod my head. He let out a laugh and grin at me. "See? You did help me, sis... so don't beat yourself okay?" He said. I just nod my head. He smiles and pulls me into another hug. I wrap my arms around his torso, hugging him back tightly. I'm just so happy that I can have my brother back.

-The Invasion Troops-

Y/N P.O.V

I pull away from Aang and turn to look at the others. Sokka walks over to us and grins widely at Aang. "So, what's your strategy for taking him down? Gonna get your glow on and hit him with a little Avatar State action?" He said. I turn to look at Aang. He let out a sigh and looks down.

"I can't..." he said. I stare at him worriedly. "Why?" I asked. He turns to look at me. He looks troubled by it. "When Azula shot me with lightning, my seventh chakra was locked, cutting off my connection to all the cosmic energy in the universe" he said. My eyes widened. I clench my hands into a tight fist. That lunatic psycho!

"You know what I just heard? Blah, blah, spiritual mumbo jumbo blah, blah, something about space" Toph said, with a bored tone. I raise an eyebrow at her and shakes my head. Can't she be serious for once?

I turn my head and my eyes widened. "What is it, Y/N?" Katara said. I just pointed at the distance. She turns her head and her eyes widened, noticing the thick fog that have caught my attention.

"Oh, no. Sokka, do you think the fog will delay the invasion?" She said. Sokka shakes his head as he gets up to his feet. "No. That is the invasion!" He said, in a happy tone. I turn my head to the fog again, finally noticing several ships coming into view.

I can see a man standing at the further front of the ship. He shares the same resemblance with Sokka and Katara, which makes me believe that he's their father.

Aang and Toph creates a dock for the ships. Katara and Sokka instantly runs towards the man, which means my suspicion is correct. He is their father. I smile at their mini reunion. They look so happy to be reunited after such a long time.

"You made it, Dad!" Katara said, hugging her father happily. The sight of them makes me remember of my parents in the realm. Should I pay them a visit before the war?

Sokka is the first one to pull away from the hug. He stares at his father with a smile on his face. "Were you able to locate everyone I told you to find?" Sokka said.

"I did. But I'm a little worried, Sokka. Some of these men aren't exactly the "warrior type"" his father said. I turn my head to see the same people we met at the swamp.

"Oooh-whee! This place ain't nothing like a swamp. What you reckon that is, Tho? Some sort of Fire Nation exploding trap what eat ya?" Due said. I just smile at what he just said. They never left the swamp for all I know. So... I can't blame them for reacting this way.

"It's just a rock, Due" Tho said. "Well, I'll be" Due said, while scratching his head. "Is it just me, or are those fellas a little loose in the leaf-hat?" Hakoda said. I cover my mouth as I let out a soft giggle. He turns to look at me and smiles softly.

"I believe we haven't introduce ourselves properly... I'm Hakoda, Sokka's and Katara's father. The last time I saw you, you were in a coma..." he said. I bow at him.

"I know you, sir... Hakoda of the Southern Water Tribe. A very brave warrior. It's an honor to meet you" I said, smiling at him. "Please... if anything, it's an honor for me. To be in the present of the Avatar" he said. I bit my lips at what he said.

"What's the matter?" He said, noticing the saddened expression on my face. Aang walks over to me and places a hand on my shoulder. "She lost her bending, sir..." he said. His eyes widened as he turns to look at me. I just give him a small smile.

"Don't worry... despite that. I'm not defenseless. I've got my dual swords with me" I said, reassuringly. He looks down at the dual swords that are strapped on my waist.

I turn my head and notice a familiar long haired guy. He smiles and bows at me. I bow back in return. He turns to look at Katara.

"Hi, Katara..." he said. Katara grins at the sight of him. "Haru!! It's so good to see you" she said. She runs over to him and pulls him into a hug. Toph walks forward, she must have felt confused since she's new to the group and we met Haru a long time ago.

"Toph, this is Haru. When we met him, his town was controlled by the Fire Nation. So he had to hide his earth-bending" Aang said. Katara have her hand on his shoulder. "Katara inspired me and my father to take back our village" Haru said, turning to look at Katara. She blushes and looks away.

Kyro walks forward, placing a hand on Haru's and Katara's shoulders. "You helped us find our courage, Katara. Now we're here to help you" he said. I smile at their interaction.

Toph suddenly take a fighting stance. "No way! Is that-" she tried to say, but gets cut off when a familiar big guy picks him up. "Hippo happy to see Blind Bandit!" He said.

"You guys here for a rematch?" Toph said. I can hear the fire in her voice. "Negatory. The Boulder and The Hippo no longer fight for others' entertainment. Now, we fight for our kingdom!" The Boulder said. Toph starts to smile at his words. "Sweet!" She said.

A loud explosion suddenly resonates. I turn my head to see a boat. Teo steps out of the boat, followed by his dad. I can see Pipsqueak and The Duke, who's sitting on his shoulder.

"Was that a new invention?" Sokka said. I can see Teo licking his fingers. "Yes, but unfortunately the incendiary capabilities of peanut sauce prove to be a failure" the mechanist said. "You're making peanut sauce bombs?" Sokka said, bewildered.

"They're destructive" Pipsqueak said, grinning. "And delicious" the Duke said. The two of them licks their face clean. Momo and l/n lands on their shoulders and starts licking their faces. I let out a laugh at the sight.

"Where you able to complete work on the plans I send you?" Sokka asked. "Yes, I was, and I think the Fire Nation will be quite surprised" the mechanist said. Teo wheeled over to Aang and I.

"Aang, Y/N, my dad and I made these for you" he said, handing each of us a glider. I gently take it from him. "A new glider! This is amazing!" Aang said, in excitement. I turn to him and smiles. "Thank you... but I can't fly anymore. I don't have my bending..." I said. Teo frowns as he stares at me with a sad gaze.

"But still... thank you. I'll keep for when my bending returns" I said, smiling softly. He smiles at me. "And I hope they will return soon..." he said, making me smile. I let out a sigh and looks down. Aang wraps a comforting arm around my shoulder. I turn to look at him and smile. Yeah... hopefully they'll return soon.

*to be continued*