Chapter 45

Previously on Chapter 44

I regret so much, Y/N. I won't give up. I'm going to keep begging for you to forgive me. I'll do everything I can to make it right for you. I'll do everything to win your trust and heart again, because you mean the world to me.

-Searching For Answers-

Y/N P.O.V

I sit on top of a rock. I start to meditate, trying to go to my parents realm because I need to talk to them. I hope they'd already have an answer to my problem. I hope they will be able to tell me how to reawaken my bending.

Realm

"Mom? Dad?" I called out. I finally find them by the river. I grin and rush towards them. I throw both of my arms around them.

"Hello, honey..." mom said. I pull away and smiles at her. "Hello, mom. Hello, dad" I said. I move to sit on top of the rock. I start to tell them what happen during the invasion. How I got hurt. Along with how Zuko have joined our group.

"I think it's best if you find help from the human world, Y/N. Maybe look for a Guru" dad said. I let out a hum and nod my head. "I think I know who I can go to meet. Guru Pathik... he's the one me and Aang met a couple of months ago" I said. They nod their heads at what I said.

End of Realm

I open my eyes once I'm back into the human world. Looks like I have to go to the Eastern Air Temple. Hopefully, he's still there. I walk towards where the others are to see them gathering for a meal.

I'm gonna go alone. It's too dangerous if we go there together. Which means I have to wait for everyone to sleep. Katara walks over to me and hands me a bowl. I smile softly at her and take a sip of the soup.

***

It's now nighttime. I open my eyes and glance at the others to see everyone is asleep. I slowly stand up, trying to be as quiet as possible so I don't wake any of them.

I make my way towards Appa. "Hey, buddy... I need you to take me somewhere" I said, gently rubbing his snout. He opens his eyes and licks my face. I let out a giggle and wipe my face.

"Where are you going?" Someone said, making me jump. I place my hand on my dual swords hilt. I turn my head to see Zuko. I let a sigh and drop my hand. I look away from him.

"Somewhere... not like it's any of your business" I said, coldly. I try to climb on Appa's head. But a hand grabs mine before I could get on his head. I yank my hand away from him.

"I'm not letting you go before you tell me where you plan on going" he said. I scoff at what he said. "And who are you? My father? No. My brother? Obviously not... because I only have Aang as a brother! So what makes you think I need to have your permission to go somewhere??" I said. He stays silent at what I said.

"If you take a step further on Appa. I'm going to let out a scream so everyone will wake up" he said. I turn to look at him. "You wouldn't..." I said. "Wanna bet?" He said. He opens his mouth. I quickly covers his mouth before he could actually scream.

"Okay! Okay! Shut up!" I hissed. He just stares at me as my hand are still on his lips. I froze when I realize how close we are. I clear my throat and pulls my hand away from him.

"I'm going to the Eastern Air Temple to meet the Guru that helped Aang and I open our chakras..." I said, looking away from him. "What are chakras?" He asked.

"I'll explain everything when I come back, okay? I need to go before anyone notices" I said. He shakes his head. "You're not going alone" he said. "What do you recon? Go with you??" I said, scoffing. But he just stares at me. I realize that's what he actually meant.

"Oh, I am NOT going anywhere with you!" I said. He lets out a sigh. "I know that you're still upset with me. But please... at least let me try to make things right with you, Y/N. Let me come with you... so I can protect you. Please?" He said. "And how will I know that you won't ended up betraying me again?" I said. He just stares at me in sadness. I let out a sigh and nod my head.

"Alright fine, whatever..." I said, rolling my eyes. I get on Appa's head. Zuko gets on the saddle. "Come on, buddy... yip yip!" I said. Then we start to fly into the sky.

Time-skip

I continue to hold Appa's reign. I can feel Zuko right behind me. But I just ignore him. I can't believe I let him come with me. What was I thinking??

"Y/N..." he said. I stay silent, not saying a word. I can hear him let out a sigh. "I know how much you hate me right now, Y/N. But is it okay if I ask you a question?" He said.

"You already did..." I said. "Uhh... that's not. What I want to ask is why you chose dual swords" he said. I stay silent for a bit at his question. I place a hand on the hilt.

"They remind me of you..." I finally said. He slowly moves and take a seat next to me on Appa's head. "Really? That's why you chose it? I'm happy... that means you still cares for me in a way, right?" he said. I let out a loud laugh at what he said. He stares at me with a confused expression.

"Oh, don't get too far ahead of yourself, Zuko. They remind me of you... not about what I used to feel for you. But they remind me of the pain you inflicted it on me. I wield dual swords to remind me of how you broke me. So I can keep reminding myself to NEVER forgive you" I said, glaring at him. His face fall from what I said.

He looks away from me, but I can see something streaming down his cheeks. I let out a scoff and turn my head away. I look forward, ignoring his presence. I feel him move as he place himself back on Appa's saddle.

I feel a tear escape my eye, but I wipe it away before it could fall further. No... I refuse to let myself feel something for Zuko again. I just want to focus on finding an answer of my current situation, so I can get my bending back. Hopefully, Guru Pathik can help me with that.

*to be continued*