Chapter 84

Previously on Chapter 83

I just smile happily at the sight of them. It doesn't matter what happened... I guess. What matters is these two no longer hate each other. Hopefully, the rest of the villagers will forgive them too.

-The Festival-

Y/N P.O.V

Today is the day of the festival. Everyone is getting excited to enjoy the day. They have prepared a lot of games, food stands... literally everything.

Me and the others just walks around the place as we watch everyone enjoying themselves in the festival. Zuko is holding my hand in his as we walk through the bustling place.

"This place is so lively. Everyone's really enjoying the festival..." I said. Zuko turns to look at me and nods his head in agreement. He move his hand from mine and wraps it around my shoulder.

"Y/N! Y/N! Come play with us!" A few children runs up to me. Two of them grabs my hand and starts to pull me along with them. I let out a giggle and follow them.

Zuko P.O.V

The children here seems to like Y/N a lot. I just smile softly as they drag her along, eagerly wanting to play with her. She looks so happy to be around those kids. My mind starts to drift off, as I imagine how she will be when we have kids of our own.

Mind

"Dad! Hurry up! Or we're going to leave you!!" A boy said, while pulling Y/N with him. There's a girl too. She turns to look at me and grins. "__ he's right dad. If you don't hurry up!" She said. Y/N let out a soft giggle and turn to look at me.

"You heard them, Zuko. Come on... hurry up!" She said, looking at me with that beautiful smile on her face. I just shake my head and speeds up, trying to catch up with them. She turns to look at me, while I just stare at her.

"Zuko? Zuko..."

End of Mind

"Zuko!!" Someone yelled, snapping my out of my mind. I turn my head to see it's Sokka. "Huh?" I said. He shakes his head at my reaction.

"Seriously, dude. What's wrong with you? Not only did you stopped walking all the sudden. But you also have a stupid smile on your face" he said. I can feel my whole face heated up from embarrassment. I just clear my thought and speeds up, walking passed all of them. Man... that was embarrassing.

I accidentally bumps into someone. "S-Sorry!" I said. I hear a soft giggle and realize the person I've bump into is Y/N. She turns to look at me and gives me a soft smile. Man... that smile really melts my heart. She's truly everything to me.

"What's wrong, Zuko?" She asked. I snap out of my daze and smiles at her. "It's nothing... don't worry about it" I said. She smiles and nods her head.

"Okay... if you say so. Okay! Okay! I'm coming! Be patient, kids" she said. She gives me a quick kiss on my cheek. She turns around and walks towards the kids who keeps calling out for her impatiently. I let out a laugh and shakes my head.

"Your girlfriend sure is popular around here..." a voice said, making me jump. I turn my head to see it's Jet. I let out a chuckle and nod my head. "Well, she was a guardian of this village a while back..." I said.

***

Y/N P.O.V

The festival soon comes to an end. Everyone is pretty wiped out. But it's a fun day nonetheless. We head back to the cabin. We have decided to just stay there while we're here.

I let myself fall on the cushion, stretching my arms above my head. "I'm exhausted..." I said, letting my arms laying above my head. Zuko let out a chuckle as he walks over to me. He lay next to me and make my head lay on his arm. I snuggle closer to him.

"Yeah, I can tell... those kids just won't leave you" he said. I smile as I lean my head against his chest. "I don't mind it though. I'm happy that those kids are fond of me" I said.

"Yeah... they truly adore you, love" he said. I feel his hand gently running through my hair, massaging my scalp softly. I let out a soft hum in appreciation, as I close my eyes to savor the feeling. I hear a soft laugh coming from Zuko and a soft kiss on the side of my head, making me smile bashfully.

"We should all probably head to bed..." Aang said. He picks up a sleeping Katara in his arms. I nod my head in agreement, too tired to talk anymore. "Yeah, we should" Zuko said. He stands up, with me in his arms. I just lean my head on his shoulder, wrapping my arms around his neck.

Zuko makes his way towards our shared bedroom. He gently lay me down on the bed and lay down next to me. He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to his side. I just lean my head against his chest, listening to his soft and steady heartbeat.

"Sleep well, honey... I love you" he said. I pull away slightly to look at him. "I love you too, Zuko" I said. He smiles and kisses my nose. I let out a giggle and place a soft kiss on his lips. He gently cups the side of my cheek, kissing me back softly.

We pull away for air, and I lean my head against his chest. I feel a gentle kiss on the side of my head as I yawn sleepily. Zuko runs his hand through my hair softly, making me feel sleepier. I just close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

Zuko P.O.V

I hear a soft snore coming from Y/N. I pull away slightly to look at her. She have fallen asleep. Her lips forms into a cute pout. I feel a smile forming on my face.

Gosh... I love her. I'm so glad that she's willing to give me a second chance. I can never imagine my life without her. I don't ever want to lose her again. I'll do everything I can to keep her by my side... and I can't wait for the day to officially call her my wife. I just need to find the right time.

I gently pulls her closer, careful to not wake her up. She snuggles closer against me. I place a soft kiss on her forehead and place my chin on top of her head. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep, while holding the love of my life... my world.

*to be continued*