Chapter 5

Previously on Chapter 4

"Oh right... I also grab these for Y/N. Do you think it'll fit her?" Katara said, showing me the clothes. I nod my head. "Yeah... it should fit her. Thank you, Katara..." I said, smiling softly at her. She smiles back and nods her head. I let out a sigh and look down. I feel so worried about Y/N. When will she wake up. It's been weeks.

-Getting Into School-

Aang P.O.V

"I used to visit my friend Kuzon here a hundred years ago. So, everyone just follow my lead and stay cool. Or, as they say in the Fire Nation, "stay flamin'". Greetings, my good hotman"  I said, to a man. We walk off to find a place to eat.

I frown when I realize where we are going. "Oh, we're going to a meat place?" I said, disappointed at the choice of place. "Come on, Aang, everyone here eats meat. Even the meat!" Sokka said. I turn my head to see a hippo cow eating meat that is covered in flies.

I shake my head. "You guys go ahead. I'll just get some lettuce out of the garbage" I said. Katara and I wave at each other. I turn around and walks off. I start to greet some random people.

"Hotman. Hotman. Hotman. Hotman. Hotman. Hotman" I said, waving at them. They give me a weird expression. I turn my head and notice 3 people walking towards me.

"It's over. We caught you" one of them said. I froze at what he said. "Who? Me?" I said, pointing at myself. "It couldn't be more obvious that you don't belong here" he said. I start to feel very nervous. They must have caught on that I'm the Avatar.

"Next time you play hooky, you might wanna take off your school uniform" he said. I just let out a nervous laugh, realizing that the clothes I chose is a students' uniform. They grab my arm and start dragging me to where I think the school is located.

***

The guards pushed me into a room. I can see kids my age... well physically. I'm practically over 100 years old. A woman stands in front of me.

"Oh. Is this a new mind ready for molding?" She said while staring at me. "That's right. Let the molding begin" I said, while knocking my head. The guards that brought me here turns around and walks away.

"Wait a minute..." she suddenly said. I tense up as the guards turns around. "You're not from the Fire Nation. Clearly you're from the colonies" she said. I let out a breath I didn't know I've been holding.

"Yeah, the colonies, of course. The Fire Nation colonies in the Earth Kingdom" I said. The guards walks away, this time they didn't stop. "Your etiquette is terrible. In the homeland, we bow to our elders. Like so..." she said. She bows to me. "Sorry, ma'am..." I said, bowing at her.

I feel a tap on my hand, a sign that she's trying to tell me I'm doing it incorrectly. I furrow my eyebrow. Out of the corner of my eyes, I can see a girl sitting in the front row. She's showing me the correct hand gesture. I smile and turn to the teacher to bow at her correctly.

"And we don't wear head coverings indoors..." she said. I scratch my head. "Um... I have a scar. It's really embarrassing" I said. She nods her head. "Very well. What is your name? Or should we just call you "Mannerless Colony Slob"?" She said. I let out a chuckle.

"Just "slob" is fine. Or, uh, Kuzon" I said, turning to face the other students. The teacher told me to sit at an empty place. I just do as told. It's a good thing that I look 12... otherwise, wearing this outfit would make me look weird. If only I'd known this outfit is for students... I would have choose a different one.

***

The bell rings which indicates the end of the lesson. I think it's now time for a break. I feel movement on my shirt and look down. Momo peeks through my uniform.

"We made it through the day Momo, and it was pretty fun" I said, in a hushed voice. "Don't let the headmaster catch you with that monkey" someone said, making me jump. I turn around and try to act innocent.

"What monkey?" I asked. "Don't worry, I'm not a tattletale. My name's On Ji. I like your headband, by the way" she said. I smile at her and stumble a little when someone bumps into me.

"On Ji, you don't have to baby-sit the new kid" he said, while wrapping an arm around On Ji. "Wow. You must be one of those popular kids I've been hearing about" I said, bowing slightly.

He nods his head. "That's right. Now listen, friend. I know you're from the colonies, so I'll say this slowly. On Ji is my girlfriend. Don't forget it" he said, as he pokes my chest. He turns around and walks away with On Ji. "It was nice meeting you!" I said, as they keep on walking.

"I don't believe it, he didn't beat you up. Not even a little" someone said. I turn my head to see a boy. "I guess I'm just lucky" I said. "We were on our way to play hide and explode. You wanna come?" He said. I smile and nod my head. "I'd love to" I said. He turns around and runs off, I chase off after them.

Time-skip

I slide down the hill that leads to our cave. My whole body is covered in dirt. I make my way to our hidden cave.

They turn their heads to look at me as soon as I enter the cave. Katara is the first to react. "Where have you been? We've been worried sick" she said. I smile as I untie my headband.

"I got invited to play with some kids after school" I said. "After what?!" Sokka said, standing up to his feet. "I enrolled in a Fire Nation school, and I'm going back tomorrow" I said. "Enrolled in what?!" He said, sounding even more shocked. He falls back down in disbelief.

We sit around the fire. "Aang, I'm trying to be mature and not immediately shoot down your idea, but it sounds... really terrible" Sokka said. "Yeah, we got our outfits. What do you need to go to school for?" Toph said, agreeing with Sokka.

"Every minute I'm in that classroom, I'm learning new things about the Fire Nation. I already have a picture of Fire Lord Ozai. And here's one that I made out of noodles" I said, showing them a portrait that I've created.

He stares at the portrait I made. "Impressive, I admit, but I still think it's too dangerous" he said. "I guess we'll never find out about the secret river then. It goes right to the Fire Lord's palace. We were supposed to learn about it in class tomorrow" I said, trying to convince him.

"Hmm, I am a fan of secret rivers... fine, let's stay a few more days" he said. I jump up, barely able to contain my excitement. "Flamey-O, Hotman!" I said. I turn around and runs off to tell Y/N. I know she's still in a coma, but I believe that she can hear me.

I kneel down next to her rock bed. "Hey, sis... you won't believe what I did today. I got enrolled into a Fire Nation school! Can you believe it?!" I said, in excitement.

Of course, I didn't get a reply from Y/N. I let out a sigh and force a smile, tears slowly gathering up in my eyes. I take a deep breath and starts talking more about what I did when I was in that school.

By the end of it, tears are already streaming down my cheeks. I gently hold her hand. I let out a soft sob as I try to control myself from crying.

"Please wake up, Y/N..." I said, softly. I gently kiss her hand. I place my head down and cry softly. I can't lose my sister. I just want her to wake up. Please, Y/N... wake up.

*to be continued*