Chapter 55

Previously on Chapter 54

When Zuko meant "family tradition" I get the feeling that he meant this whole redemption thing. How the bad people from the Fire Nation turn good, just like Iroh and Zuko. Hopefully, we can make the rest of the Fire Nation turn good after we end this war. It'll be hard... but I'm sure we can manage, as long as we work together.

-Trapped-

Y/N P.O.V

We walk further into the place. In front of us, there's a twin gate. Aang rushes forward and tries to open it. I let out a sigh, when he failed to open it.

"It's locked up!" He said. "I'm well aware of that one, brother. Do you have idea how to open the gate, Zuko?" I said, placing my hands on my hips as I turn to look at Zuko. He looks around the place, to try and look for clues.

"Wait... it's celestial calendar. Just like the Fire Sages have in their temple" he said. He turns around and notice a sunstone. "I bet that sunstone opens the door. But only when the sunlight hits at the right angle. On the solstice" he said. I let out a sigh at what he said.

"Monkeyfeathers! The Solstice again? We can't wait here that long!" Aang said. I nod my head at what he said. "He's right. We obviously don't have that much time, Zuko... there has to be another way to open this gate" I said.

"You're right... we can't. But we might be able to speed time up" Zuko said. He take out his swords and use the reflective surface. He aim the reflection to the column. I watch in silent.

"Nothing's happening..." Aang said. I hold my hands together in prayer. "Please open up..." I said. "Come on" Zuko said, desperately. I let out a gasp as I watch in awe as the gate slowly opening up.

"You know, Zuko. I don't care what everyone else says about you. You're pretty smart" Aang said. I grin happily at the success. I throw my arms around his neck. I froze when I realize what I did and pulls away from him. I clear my throat and take a few steps away from him.

"Sorry..." I said, laughing sheepishly. He shakes his head and smiles at me. "It's okay..." he said. I just smiles back at him. We turn our heads towards the room. Aang let out a gasp as soon as we notice an angry looking statue. He runs and hides behind me. I give him a straight face and shakes my head.

"Relax. They're just statues" Zuko said. Aang peeks over my shoulders and sighs in relief. "I... I know t-that. Hahahah" he said. I roll my eyes and walks in, followed by Zuko. There's rows of statues here, all arranged in a circular position.

"Zuko, get over here! I want you to dance with me!" Aang suddenly said. I turn my head to see him trying to pull Zuko along. "What?? Why me? Ask your twin to dance with you!" He said, trying to pull his arm out of his grip.

"Siblings dancing together would be weird!" He said. Zuko rolls his eyes at what he said. "Then I'll dance with her instead" he said. "Ugh, just go and dance with Aang... sheesh" I said, pushing him forward with an eye roll. He let out a defeated sigh and hesitantly agrees to do the dance with Aang.

I watch in amusement as they follow the forms of the statues. Each time they move, the tiles beneath them moves. Until eventually, they made it to the end. I can hear something moving. I turn my head to see what seem like a golden egg.

"Hurray! Wait, what exactly is that?" Aang said, as he stares at the golden egg in confusion. Zuko runs towards the sunstone. "It's some kind of mystical gemstone" he said. He reaches out to touch it. But I grab his hand and pulls him away.

"Don't touch it!" I said. He turns to look at me. "Why not?" He said. "It could have been a trap! Remember that trap earlier?" Aang said. Zuko ignore what we said and grabs the golden egg.

"It feels almost alive..." he said. He tries to put the golden egg back on the spot. He jumps back with a yell. Slime starts coming out from the pedestal. It pushes Zuko and sticks him to the ceiling.

"I told you not to touch it, idiot!!" I yelled. "What was I suppose to do?! Just stare??" He said. "Yes!! But did you do that? Noooo" I said, sarcastically. He rolls his eyes. Aang and I desperately try to get away from the slime. In the end, the three of us gets stuck against the iron bar on the ceiling. The slime fills the room, pushing us further against the bars.

"It stopped" Aang said. "At least we have air. Maybe if we stay calm, we can figure out a way out of this" Zuko said. I let out a sigh and roll my eyes.

"You had to pick up the glowing egg, didn't you?" Aang said, sassily. "Ugh! At least I made something happen. If it were up to you, we'd never made it past the courtyard" Zuko said.

"Sure... you made something happen, as in... made us stuck, you dummy" I said. He let out a huffed at what I said. "HEEEELLLPPP!!" Aang suddenly yell at top of his lungs, startling me.

"Who are you yelling to? Nobody's lived here for centuries" Zuko said. He sounded frustrated. Aang huffed. "Well, what do you think we should do?" He said.

"Oh dear Spirit! Shut up, both of you! Gosh... you're giving me a headache. If I'm not stuck right now, I would've punch you both!" I said, angrily. "Sorry..." they said together. I furrow my eyebrow when I hear the sound of footsteps.

"Guys..." I asked. "I thought you said to shut up?" Aang said. "Dummy... I'm trying to say did any of you hear that?" I said. I strain my head to move past the bars. I can see a man, wearing tribal clothes.

"Who is down there?" The man said. He must be one of the sun warrior descendants. I mean, just look at his outfit. My eyes widened at the sight of the men. I thought Zuko said the sun warrior are extinct. The man have an angry look on his face. I gulp out of nervousness. We're in deeeep trouble, aren't we?

*to be continued*