Chapter 62

Previously on Chapter 61

"Y-You do?" He said, his voice cracking slightly. I smile and nod my head. He let out a choked sob as he wraps his arms around my waist, hugging me tightly. I wrap my arms around him, hugging him back just as tight. I smile softly to myself as I finally realizes that I still love the guy.

I still love Zuko...

-Katara's Closure-

Y/N P.O.V

We walk back to the others. Katara is waiting where she stood, with an impatient expression. "Why'd you suddenly walks off with him?" She asked. I turn to look at her. "I need to speak to him... sorry" I said. She let out a sigh at what I said.

"Hmm... I see you two have made up" Sokka said. I turn to look at him in confusion. He gestures at my hand. I look down and realize my hand is holding Zuko's. Zuko and I turn to look at each other. We share a soft smile and turn to look back at Sokka.

"Yep... I've decided to finally give him a chance" I said. He hums and nods his head. He turns to look at Zuko. "Remember what I said, man..." he said. I just tilt my head in confusion.

"What's he talking about?" I asked, turning to look at Zuko. "Well... aren't you curious?" He said, tapping my nose lightly. I blush at his action and pout. He let out a chuckle at my reaction. 

"Anyway... back to our initial conversation. Katara, you said you want to look for the man who took away your mother? And Zuko here is suppose to help you" I said. She just nods her head at what I said. I turn to look at Zuko.

"And how exactly do you know about this?" I said. He turns to look at me. "Sokka told me the story of what happened. I know who did it and I know how to find him" he said. I just nod my head at what he said.

"Um... and what exactly do you think this will accomplish?" Aang finally said after being silent for a while. Katara let out a sigh and shakes her head at what he said.

"Ugh, I knew you wouldn't understand" she said. She turn around and walks away. "Wait! Stop! I do understand. You're feeling unbelievable pain and rage. How do think I felt about the sandbenders when they stole Appa?" He said.

"And how do you think I felt when they killed my bison?" I said. Zuko winced at what I said. I just turn to give him a look. "But in the end, you ended up being in a relationship with the same man that leads those soldiers" she said. I let out a sigh at what she said.

"Okay... but how do you think I felt about the Fire Nation when I found out what happened to my people?" Aang said. I nod my head at what he said. "I was there to watch the whole thing happened. How do you think I felt?" I asked. Aang wraps his arm around me in comforting manner.

"She needs this, Aang. This is about getting closure and justice" Zuko said. I let out a sigh. It took me a while to accept what had happened. Which leads me to now, agreeing on getting back together with Zuko. After he betrayed me.

"I don't think so. I think it's about getting revenge" Aang said, disagreeing with what Zuko had said. Katara let out a frustrated sigh at what my brother had said.

"Fine, maybe it is! Maybe that's what I need! Maybe that's what he deserves!" She yelled out. I give her a concern expression. "Katara, you sound like Jet..." I said.

"It's not the same! Jet attacked the innocent. This man, he's a monster" she said. Sokka shakes his head at what his sister said. "Katara, she was my mother, too, but I think Aang might be right" he said. Katara scoffs at what he said.

"Then you didn't love her the way I did!" She said. My eyes widened at what she said. I can see the hurt in Sokka's face. "Katara! Why'd you say that to your brother?" I said. She just crossed her arms and look away from me. But I can see the regret in her eyes.

"The monks used to say that revenge is like a two-headed rat viper. While you watch your enemy go down, you're being poisoned yourself" Aang said. I smile as I thought what the monks used to taught us.

"That's cute, but this isn't air temple preschool. It's the real world" Zuko said. I turn to him and glare. He flinch and gives me an innocent smile.

"Now that I know he's out there... now that I know we can find him, I feel like I have no choice..." she said. "Katara, you do have a choice: forgiveness" I said.

"That's the same as doing nothing!" She said. I shake my head at what she said. "No, it's not. It's easy to do nothing, but it's hard to forgive" I said. She shakes her head at what I said.

"It's not just hard, it's impossible" she said. I let out a sigh at what she said. I walk closer to her. I gently places my hands on her shoulder.

"Fine... I think I have no choice but to support you. But please, Katara. When you do face him... I want you to think through your mind and don't give in to the anger in your heart. Let your deepest emotion as a kind human leads you, okay? Remember, revenge is never the right answer" I said. She just smiles at me and wraps her arms around me.

"Thank you, Y/N..." she said. I smile and gently hugs her back. She gives me a light squeeze before pulling away. She places her hands on my shoulders with a small smile.

"Sometimes I envy your pure soul. I wish I can be as strong as you are..." she said. I let out a chuckle at what she said. I gently grab her hand and holds it with both of mine.

"Katara... you're already stronger than you think you are. Not everyone can cope up with the death of their loved ones. But you pull through the pain... you even help Sokka feel what it's like to have someone to lean on" I said. She gives me a small smile. She gives me one last hug.

***

Aang is still a bit skeptical at Katara's choice. He makes his way over to her. "So you were just gonna take Appa anyway?" He said. "Yes" she said, without looking back at him.

"It's okay, because I forgive you. That give you any ideas?" He said, pausing in between his lines. I let out a sigh, knowing what he's trying to do. Katara is aware of it too.

"Don't try to stop us" she said. Aang shakes his head at what Katara said. "I wasn't planning to. This is a journey you need to take. You need to face this man" he said. Katara place herself on Appa's head.

"But when you do, just like Y/N had said. Please don't choose revenge. Let your anger out, and then let it go. Forgive him" he said. Zuko rolls his eyes at what my brother said. "Okay, we'll be sure to do that, guru goody-goody" he said.

"Zuko..." I said, in a warning tone. He let out a soft chuckle as he wrap an arm around my waist. He place a gentle kiss on the side of my head before joining Katara.

"Thanks for understanding, Aang. Yip-yip" she said. Appa follows her word and flies away. I just stare as Appa gradually becomes smaller the further he goes, until he's not within my sight anymore.

"You know, you're pretty wise for a kid. You too, Y/N..." Sokka said. I turn to look at him with a raise eyebrow. "Thanks, Sokka" Aang said. "Usually it's annoying, but right now, I'm impressed" he said. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah yeah... grumpy pants as always..." I said. I just place my hands behind my head as I walk away. "I appreciate that" I hear Aang responded. l/n flies and lands on my shoulder. I smile softly and gently rub her chin, making her purr softly. I really hope that Katara won't go down the path of revenge. Please... let her have a forgiving heart.

*to be continued*