Chapter 30

Previously on Chapter 29

Goodness... at times where we need to gather our stamina, Aang ended up having anxiety attack. I sure hope that he'll be okay. Especially since he's the one that will be facing Ozai. I can't do much because my bending still haven't returned. But I can't help but wonder... what happened with Hama? How did I do that??

-He's Getting Worse-

Y/N P.O.V

I sit on the ground, trying to figure out what is going on with me. What did I do to Hama? I seem to be in control of her body for a few seconds.

I sit crossed-leg and close my eyes. I put both of my fists together in front of my stomach.

Realm

"Mom! Dad?" I said, looking around once I reached the Realm. I walk through the place, trying to look for them.

"In here, honey..." I hear a voice behind me. I turn my head to see them sitting on top of a rock. I smile and rush towards them. I wrap my arms around my mom. She lets out a soft giggle and returns the hug.

"What is it, honey?" Dad said. I pull away from my mom and take a seat on the rock in front of them. "I just wanted to make sure about something..." I said. They nod their heads.

"Go on, honey..." mom said. "When I faced this old woman... she's like a puppet-master. She controls my body and the others too. She was like, bending the blood in our veins" I said. They stay silent as they waited for me to continue talking.

"Then when she was about to make Aang and Sokka hurt one another. I lift my hand out of reflect and... something happened. She was like, frozen..." I said, keeping my head down as I recall what happened. I furrowed my eyebrows as I replay the scene in my head.

"What's going on, mom? Dad? Did I do that?" I said, turning my head to look at both of my parents. The two of them turns to look at each other, then back at me. Mom stands up and walks over to me.

"Close your eyes, honey..." she said. I look at her in confusion. But I just close my eyes afterwards. I can feel warmth spreading across my body. "Um, what is going on?" I asked.

"Shh..." she said, soothingly. I close my mouth shut after she shushed me. I just stay silent, waiting for her to get done with whatever she's doing.

"Okay... you're done..." she said. I open my eyes and stares at her in confusion. "What was that?" I said. "I was trying to see inside your soul, Y/N. It turns out... we were wrong" she said. "Wrong... about what?" I asked.

"Your spiritual energy as half-avatar still exist within yourself. But just like your energy as a Spryth... it is blocked by something" she said. My eyes widened in shock at what she said.

"So... the controlling that old woman is my Avatar spirit?" I asked. "No... that's the Spryth spirit" she said. "Okay, I'm confused..." I said, furrowing my eyebrow in confusion. Dad smiles at me.

"When I reached into your soul to see what's going on. I found your Avatar self. As for your Spryth energy... it is growing stronger" she said. "That's why you are able to control the old woman, even if it's only for a few seconds" dad said.

"So... the reason my bending is not working is due to a block?" I said. They nod their heads at what I said. "But... what's blocking it?" I asked. They give me an apologetic look.

"We are not sure... just try to keep on meditating. Maybe you'll find an answer" dad said. I let out a sigh and nod my head. Mom closes her eyes. I turn to look at her, wondering what she's doing.

"I think you better go back to the human realm... your brother seems to be having a problem" she said. I nod my head in agreement. "Okay... I'll get going now. I'll come to visit again when I figure something out" I said. They smile and nod their heads. They walk towards me and embraces me.

End of Realm

I open my eyes and realize I'm back. I turn my head and notice everyone is asleep. Everyone... except for my brother. I let out a sigh and stand up. I thought he's going to get better after one day. But seems like this is his worst anxiety attack.

I stand up and try to look for Aang. I can see him counting the koala sheep. He's moving around in circle, with both of his arms up.

"Aang..." I said. He turns to look at me briefly before starting to circle around the sheep. I let out a huffed. "AANG!!" I yelled out. The koala sheep jumps awake and runs off.

"Oh... ooops..." I said, covering my mouth at what I had done. I shake my head and turn to look at Aang to see him facing me with a battle stance. I raise an eyebrow at him. He realize what he's doing and drop his stance.

"What are you doing?" I asked. He lets out a sigh. "I need to prepare for the mathematical test" he said. I look at him in confusion. "Math? Why math?" I said. "For the war! What else??" He said. "I've never heard a battle with math problems before" I said, crossing my arms as I stare at him with a straight face.

I can hear footsteps and turns my head. I can see Katara walking over to us. "Aang, it's the middle of the night. You need to go back to sleep" she said. I turn to look at Aang and nods my head, agreeing with what Katara said.

"You need to calm down. This anxiety attack of yours is getting out of hand. I'm getting worried about you, brother..." I said, placing my hands on both of his shoulders.

"But I forgot my pants and my math test" he said. I let out a sigh. "Aang... I assure you. There will be no math test. As for your pants. I'll make sure you'd be wearing them on the day of the battle. Just get some rest, please?" I said. "But..." she said. Katara walks forward and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Aang... sleep. Please. For me" she said. Aang stares at her and rubs his eyes sleepily. He bows his head. I wrap my arm around his torso and gently start to guide him back to the campsite. What am I going to do with him? If I let this be... he won't be in shape to face the Fire Lord. Goodness, dear brother.

*to be continued*