Chapter 88

Previously on Chapter 87

Zuko tightens his arms around my waist, pulling me even closer to his chest. I pull away from the kiss and smiles at him. He smiles back, placing a soft kiss on my forehead and places another kiss on my lips.

-There's Only You-

Y/N P.O.V

Ever since my encounter with Liam. Zuko have been acting restless. He keeps telling me that Liam is onto me. As in, he have feelings for me. But I assures him each time that Liam is just being friendly. Of course, he wouldn't listen. That guy... seriously.

Everyone agrees to have some picnic after Liam invited us. Everyone is eager to get to know the new friend. Well, not everyone. Zuko isn't happy at the thought that we have to spend some time with him.  Which is why he's been sulking non-stop at the idea of having a picnic with Liam.

I turn to look at Zuko as we make our way towards the respective area for our picnic. "Lighten up, Zuko. He's just a friend" I said. He turns to look at me for a brief moment, before turning away.

"You just don't see the way he looks at you" he said, in a hushed voice. I let out a sigh and gently slip my free hand in his. "Aren't you being a little paranoid, Zuko? I'm telling you... Liam is just a friend to me. Nothing more" I said, while giving him a soft smile. I give his hand a gentle squeeze of reassurance.

"She's right, Zuko. Stop being so possessive of Y/N" Aang said. Zuko turns to look at him, looking a little annoyed. "Oh, imagine if someone is being too close for comfort to Katara. How would YOU feel, huh??" He said. Aang raise his hands in surrender manner at his words. I let out a sigh and gently pat his back.

"I'll tell you what, Zuko... if I do get a feeling that he is trying to have more than just friendships with me. I'll keep my distance. How does that sound, hmm?" I said.

Zuko turn to look at me and sighs softly, knowing he can't argue with me. He just reluctantly nod his head. I smile softly and leans up to place a soft kiss on his cheek.

I turn to look forward and notice Liam waiting at the area. He turns to look at us and smiles. He waved at us. Everyone except for Zuko waves back at him. He have a scowl on his face.

I let out a sigh and gently nudge his side. He flinched and turn to look at me. I just give him a stern look. He let out a soft sigh and wave halfheartedly. Well... better than nothing.

"Hey! You guys finally made it!" He said, happily. I just smile at him. He turns to look at him. "It's good to see you again, Y/N. Oh and hello everyone!! I'm Liam... Y/N's new friend" he said, grinning happily at all of us.

"Better keep it that way..." Zuko said, in a hushed tone. But I still hear him. I nudge his rib softly, and he flinched. He turn to look at me with a questioning look.

"For a hundredth time... he's just a friend. Be nice, Zuko..." I said. He let out a sigh and nod his head. I slip my hand in his and gently pull him towards the picnic blanket.

"Please... don't be shy. Have a seat" Liam said. I just smile and nod my head. I take off my slipper and take a seat. Zuko is about to take a seat on the right side of me, when Liam beats him to it.

He looks so annoyed. But I give him a pleading look as to not cause any trouble. He let out a sigh and take a seat on my left. He make sure to wrap an arm around my shoulder, as if to show Liam that I'm his. I shake my head and giggle softly to myself. I have never seen Zuko so jealous before. It's actually quite cute.

"Wow, Liam... you prepared all of these yourself?" Aang said, eyeing all the food placed in the middle of us. I turn my head to look at the food. There're a lot of food. Most of which are my favorite. My eyes lit up at the sight of them. Liam grins proudly and nods his head.

"Of course! My parents owns a quite well known restaurant here. I often help the chef to cook! So I know how to cook. Oh... none of these have meat in them" he said. I smile softly at how proud he sounds when he talks about his parents.

"What?? No meat?" Sokka said. He sounded upset. I let out a laugh at the face he's making. Liam turns to look at him. "Well, the Avatar and Spyrth are both vegetarians, right? So I want them to be able to try everything. Can't do that if there's meat in them..." he said.

"That's very thoughtful of you, Liam... thank you" I said. He turns to look at me and grins happily. I can see a tint of red in his cheeks. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion at his reaction.

"And of course, we also brought our own food" Suki said, placing the food we have prepared as well. Now the blanket is filled with more food. "Wow... that is a lot of food. Where do we even begin?" Katara said. I just shrugs my shoulders.

"What are we waiting for? Let's eat!" Liam said. He grabs a plate and fills it with f/f. He turns to me and offers the plate. I stare at him in surprise.

"No, you don't. I think I can serve my girlfriend just fine" Zuko said. He hands me another plate of food. I start to feel uncomfortable. Liam just smiles at what he said.

"Okay.. but Y/N. Try this..." he said, scooping up some f/f that he have prepared on a spoon. He bring it closer to my lips. Zuko is quick to jump in and take the bite instead. "Hmm... I think that's a little too salty. Y/N's not going to like that" he said.

"Zuko..." I said, sighing softly. He turn to look at me and smiles innocently. He take a bite from the food we prepared and smiles. "I think you're going to like this one... here, try it" he said. I take a bite from his spoon and hums softly.

"Try my cooking too, Y/N..." Liam said. Zuko turn to look at him and scowls. He try to hand a plate to me. But Zuko grabs it. Liam glares at him and tries to pull it back, resulting in a tug war.

The plate which made of styrofoam breaks and thus, spills all the food to me since I'm sitting in between them. Zuko let out a gasp at what happened. Liam starts to panic, after seeing my food covered clothes.

I clench my hands into fists as I feel anger starting to grow within me. "Okay! That's ENOUGH!! This is starting to get ridiculous!" I yelled out, making them flinched while the others stares at me with worry. I ignore the other's stares and turn to look at Liam.

"Liam... listen. You're a nice guy. But please... if you're trying to make a move on me, just stop. I have a boyfriend. So stop trying and think that you have a chance to be with me, because that's not going to happen" I said. He looks down in sadness at what I said.

I let out a sigh at his reaction. I feel slightly guilty but it had to be done. I can't keep leading him on when I already have a boyfriend, which he's completely aware of too. So I don't understand what makes him think he have a chance.

I turn to look at Zuko with tears in my eyes. "And as for you, Zuko. Would you PLEASE stop being so paranoid over everything? I told you there's only you! But you still reacted this way!" I said. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks. Zuko's eyes widen at the sight. He starts to look guilty.

"Y/N... I'm-" he stopped mid-sentence when I lift my hand, letting him know that I don't want him to say anything. "I love you, and you know that. I tried my best to show it to you... but you still acted this way. You still acted like I'm going to leave you. I mean... the amount of trust you have in me is astounding" I said. The last part with lots of sarcasm. But my heart is aching painfully because Zuko didn't seem to trust me. I turn around and runs away, ignoring Zuko's scream for me to stop.

Trust in a relationship is the most crucial thing to have in order to have a healthy and long lasting relationship. But with Zuko acting like he didn't trust me even a bit, makes me question our love. If he didn't trust me... is this love worth keeping?

*to be continued*