Chapter 53

Previously on Chapter 52

"No worries, lil sis. I'm sure you'll figure something out. You're amazing... now the chances we have in defeating the Fire Lord will be huge" he said. I smile and nod my head. He wraps his arms around me in a tight hug. I wrap my arms around him, hugging him just as tight.

-Learning Fire-bending-

Y/N P.O.V

We are now sitting by the upside down pagoda with Zuko standing in across from us. He's going to be teaching us the fire-bending technique. I glance at Aang to see a worried expression on his face.

"I know you're nervous, but remember, firebending in it of itself is not something to fear" Zuko said. My brother nods his head. "Okay. Not something to fear" he said. I gently rub his back.

"But if you don't respect it, it'll chew you up and spit you out like an angry komodo rhino!" Zuko said. He raises his voice a little. Aang let out a yelp in fear. I just give Zuko a straight face.

"I thought you said we weren't suppose to fear it. You are suppose to show Aang. But you scared him" I said, rolling my eyes. Zuko just chuckles at what I said.

"Now show me what you've got. Any amount of fire you can make" he said. Aang nervously thrust his fist forward. But only a smoke comes out. "Maybe I need a little more instruction. Perhaps a demonstration?" He said.

Zuko nods his head at Aang's suggestion. "But first, why don't you try, Y/N?" He said. I take one step forward and thrust my fist forward, a strong stream of fire is shot out of my fist. Zuko stares at it with an impressed expression.

"Wow... impressive. Where did you learn to shoot fire like that?" He said. I shrug my shoulders. "Back at the Eastern Air Temple. I had to fight my turmoil while I was meditating. I somehow manage to earn the ability to fire-bend. Also, I think it's because I've awaken my Spryth spiritual energy" I said. He hums and nods his head.

"Alright. I'm going to demonstrate for your brother now. You might want to take a couple steps back" he said. Aang did as told and backs away. I just lean my back against the wall, silently watching Zuko.

He thrust his fist, but only a small fire comes out of it. Aang claps his hand at what we sees. I turn to look at him. He instantly drops his hand once he notices the look on my face.

"What was that? That was the worst firebending I've ever seen!" He said. "I thought it was... nice" I said, as an attempt to cheer him up. He just grunts at what I said. Sheesh... grumpy much?

He tries a couple times, but all he manage to create is some small fire. "Why is this happening?" He said, staring at his hands. "Maybe it's the altitude" Aang said. He turns his back to face us. "Yeah, could be" he said.

We decide to move place. Aang is sitting on a broken pillar, while I sit on the ground next to the pillar. We watch Zuko as he attempts to fire-bend. But he keep on failing each time.

"Just breathe, and..." he said. He tries to create fire. This time he manage to create a little stronger fire. "That one kind of felt hot" Aang said. He turns to look at him with an angry expression.

"Don't patronize me! You know what it's supposed to look like!" He said. "Sorry, Sifu Hotman" Aang said. "And stop calling me that!!" He yelled. I roll my eyes and crossed my arms.

"Sheesh... he was only trying to cheer you. No need to be so grumpy. You'll grow older much faster. It reminds me on the day we met for the first time. I called you Hotman too..." I said, laughing at the end. He let out a sigh and turn away.

I turn my head and notice Sokka walking towards us. "Hey, jerks! Mind if I watch you two jerks do your jerk-bending?" He said. "Now's not the time, Sokka" I said.