Chapter 81

Previously on Chapter 80

It seem that Jet's hatred for the Fire Nation is still burning... probably hotter than fire itself. Looks like it's going to take a while to convince him to give the Fire Nation a chance. But we should try. It's going to be hard... but it's not impossible.

-What Can We Do?-

Y/N P.O.V

Just like Jet, the rest of the villagers hates Zuko and the others too. This is just like when we were at the Kyoshi Island. I can tell that their reaction makes Zuko sad. I try my best to calm him down, telling him that those people just needed some time to accept.

Even though they didn't trust Zuko, Uncle Iroh, Ty Lee and Mai. They still allows them to stay, because they're with us. But that doesn't mean they behaved nicely towards them. They keep pushing them away when they try to give a hand. Just like now, while Zuko is trying his best to help out, they keep pushing him away.

I watch as Zuko tries to help a man who's pushing a wheelbarrow and visibly struggles. The man pushes him away. Zuko stumbles a little, but he manage to catch himself before he fall over.

"Leave me alone, you monster! I don't need any help from you! We allowed you to stay because the heroes told us to give you a chance. Other than that, I still see you and your stupid Fire Nation fellas as our enemies!" he said, glaring at Zuko.

He turns around and push the wheelbarrow with so much struggle. I watch as Zuko's shoulders slumps a little. I walk towards him and places my hand on his shoulder.

"Zuko..." I said, in a soft voice. He turns his head to look at me. He turn to face me, letting his head drop on my shoulder. I wrap my arms around his torso, letting him lean on me.

"I've tried everything I can, Y/N... but those people just keeps on pushing me away" he said. I lift my hand and gently caress his hair. "It's okay, Zuko... they just needed some time" I said, softly. He let out a sigh and hugs me tightly.

***

Zuko is currently holding a tray filled with teas that Uncle Iroh made. He thinks that maybe if people can see how generous he can be with the teas he made, he might have a chance to win their trust. I help him out by holding another tray filled with teas. But the people we came across with only takes the tea from mine, which means Zuko's tray is still full.

I hold the tray to my side, because I've given the last cup to a man. I turn my head to look at Zuko as he looks down in sadness. "Why won't they accept the teas from mine?" He said, sadly. I gently pat his back as an attempt to comfort him.

Out of no where, someone crashes into him which sends the hot tea all over his shirt. "Ahh! Hot!!" Zuko yelled out, in pain. I let out a gasp and turn to see Jet.

"Oh, I'm sorry... I didn't see you there. I guess my eyes just ignores Fire Nation trash like you" he said, crossing his arms across his chest while staring at Zuko with a smug expression. Zuko's hands turns into fists as he glares at Jet.

"What's your problem?! I've been trying my best to make things right with these people!" He said, still glaring angrily at Jet. Jet just scoff at what Zuko said.

"What's my problem? Maybe because you... and your stupid nation took everything from me! You don't know what your people have done to me!! All those horrible memories!" He said, glaring back as he take a few steps towards Zuko who didn't back down.

"Okay, okay... that's enough. Both of you!" I said. Jet takes a few steps back and turns to look at me. "I just don't get you, Y/N. His nation killed your people! You told me that you've seen what they did. How can you forgive him? How can you even trust him?" He said.

"Hatred and grudges are venoms, Jet. You'll never be happy if you keep that up... forgiving is the first step to reach peace..." I said. He just scoffs and rolls his eyes. He turns around and storms off, without saying anything.

I hear a hiss next to me and turns my head. Zuko is standing where he is, clutching onto the front of his shirt. I stare at him worriedly.

"Are you okay, Zuko?" I asked. He turns to look at me and shakes his head. "No... that tea was really hot..." he said. I frown at what he said. I gently grab his hand.

"Come on... let's go somewhere and let me check if there's any burn" I said. He just tighten his grip on my hand. We make our way to a much secluded place for privacy.

Zuko take off his shirt. I can see a slight burn on his chest. I lift my hand and place my palm against his chest. Zuko gritted his teeth from the pain.

"Sorry... it won't be long. I'll heal you now" I said. He just shut his eyes tightly. I focus on my energy and let it flow through my hand. A soft f/c light appear. The burn wound in his chest slowly starts to heal.

I keep going until the wound healed completely. I try to move my hand from his chest, but Zuko quickly held it in place. I just stare at him as he stares at the ground. I can see the look of sadness in his eyes.

"I didn't realize how much my nation have brought despair and sadness into the world... when I do take notice, it has already gone too far. The world have been scarred so badly. If only I can turn back the time, I would... so I can take away all the pains my nation have brought to this world" he said. Tears starts to fall from his eyes.

I scoot closer to him, kneeling in between his legs. I gently cup his cheeks and make him look at me. He stares into my eyes with a sad gaze. I gently caress his cheeks.

"They will forgive you. We will bring peace into this world. We just have to find a way to make all of these people see the kind side of your nation, Zuko. Please don't give up..." I said. He just pulls me into a hug, leaning his head against my chest. I gently run my hand through his hair.

"Thank you for always believing in me... even after the betrayal, you're still willing to give me a chance. I really don't deserve you..." he said. I stay silent and keep caressing his head.

"Shh... I give you a chance because I know you can be a better person, Zuko. And because I love you..." I said. He pulls away from the hug and turn to look at me.

"I love you, Y/N... oh dear Spirits, I love you SO so much. Don't ever leave me, please. You're my path, Y/N... and I'd be lost without you" he said. I smile softly at him and nod my head.

"I'm here with you, Zuko... always will" I said. He smiles and cups my cheeks, leaning closer to place a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes and kisses him back.

*to be continued*