Chapter 90

Previously on Chapter 89

"There is actually one way to make me rest easy and not paranoid of you leaving me..." he said. I furrow my eyebrows in wonder. "Oh yeah? How?" I asked. He pulls away and smiles softly at me. He lift his hands, cupping my cheeks softly as he stares into my eyes with so much adoration.

Marry me, Y/N...

-I Will-

Y/N P.O.V

I stare at Zuko in shock. "W-What?" I said. I stare at him as if he's just tell something crazy. He stares at me with an indifferent expression. He holds both of my hand in his, holding them close to his chest as he stares into my eyes expectantly.

"That's the only way if you want me to rest easy and not constantly worry about people trying to steal you away from me. After you became my wife, you will whole-fully be mine, Y/N... so, marry me?" He said. I blink my eyes, trying to figure out if Zuko's in his right state of mind.

"Zuko... I... this- this is too sudden" I said. Zuko let out a sigh at what I said. He releases my hand and take a few steps away from me. He runs his hand through his hair, while closing his eyes.

"Yeah... you're right. I'm sorry, Y/N. I'm not in the right state of mind" he said. He looks down with a sad expression. It really pains me to see that look on his face. I take a few steps closer to him and gently cup his cheeks. I turn his head to look at me.

"I love you, Zuko... if marrying you is what brings your heart at ease. I'll gladly do it. I'll marry you, Zuko" I said, smiling softly at him. His eyes widened at what I said.

"Y-You will?" He said, placing his hands on top of mine which are still cupping his cheeks. I smile and nod my head. "Yes, Zuko... I'll marry you, because I can't imagine my world without you either. So I'm ready to take the next step in this relationship with you" I said. A huge grin appear on his face. He wraps his arms around me. He lift me up and start to twirl around.

"I'm so happy, Y/N! Thank you so much!" He said. I let out a laugh as I hold onto his shoulders. The two of us let out a happy laugh.

He eventually stops and places me down on my feet. He keeps me in his arms, while staring at me with so much happiness in his eyes. He pulls me closer and I lean my head against his chest.

"But first!" I said as I pull away and smiles at him. He blinks his eyes in confusion. I giggle softly and gently poke his chest with a grin. "You have to ask my brother for his blessing" I said. His eyes widen in realization.

"Oh, right. Of course... come on!" He said. He grabs my hand and pulls me along. I let out a yelp at his sudden movement. But manage to keep steady. I let out a laugh and shake my head as we make our way to look for the others.

***

We found everyone back in the house we're staying in. Zuko gently pulls me to stand in front of them. They turn their heads upon noticing our presence.

"I see you two have made up..." Aang said, taking a note at our entwined hands. I smile at what he said and nod my head. "Yeah... you know I can't stay mad at this dork" I said. I poke Zuko's side with my free hand, making him let out a yelp. I let out a giggle as I realize Zuko is ticklish. I poke his side a few times to tease him. He flinched each time.

"Y/N... seriously, stop!" He said, holding my hand to make me stop tickling him. I let out a giggle. I finally stops after a few more pokes. He shakes his head. He ruffles my hair softly, making me pout. He let out a laugh and wraps an arm around my shoulder. He leans down and places a soft kiss on my lips. I smile into the kiss and kisses him back.

"I love you, Y/N..." he said. I smile and kisses his cheek. "I love you too, Zuko" I said. He smiles and leans down to place another kiss when someone clears their throat makes us snaps our attention towards the sound, realizing it's Sokka.

"You two are in love. We get it. But don't need to show that in front of us..." he said. I roll my eyes at what he said. I cross my arms across my chest as I stare at him with a raised eyebrow.

"As if you never do the same with Suki. Zuko told me that when he want to ask for some advice from you, only to find out you've prepared a surprise for Suki with candles and such inside your tent. Very cliche" I said, smirking. His whole face turns scarlet at what I said. I burst out into a fit of giggle at his reaction.

"Anyway... Y/N and I have something to say" Zuko said, breaking the awkward moment. I turn to look at him as he wraps an arm around my shoulder. I smile softly at him as he place a soft kiss on the side of my head.

"What is it?" Aang asked. Zuko turns to look at him with a serious face on his face. "I'd like to ask for your permission to marry her... I've asked Y/N, and she said yes" he said. Everyone's eyes widened at what he said.

"Is that true, Y/N?" Aang asked, turning to look at me. I smile softly and nod my head, while wrapping my arm around Zuko's torso.

"Yeah... that's true. Zuko and I decided that we're ready to take the next step in our relationship. We want to get married with each other. With your blessing of course" I said. Aang stays silent for a while.

"I mean... of course you have my blessing to marry my sister, Zuko. But Y/N, shouldn't you be asking for blessing from both of your parents too?" He asked. My eyes widened as I realize what he said is true. I have to go inside the realm and talk to mom and dad.

"You're right... I'll be right back. I'll go to the realm and talk to them" I said. I turn around and was about to walk away when a hand grab mine. I turn my head to see it's Zuko.

"Yes?" I said, tilting my head in confusion. He rubs his neck as he stares at me with a nervous smile. "I was wondering if there's a way for you to take me with you to your parent's realm. I'd like to meet them and ask for their blessing myself" he said. I blink my eyes, surprised at what he said.

He wants to come with me to visit the realm, so he can ask my parents blessing to take my hand in marriage. He never cease to surprise me.

*to be continued*