Chapter 36

Previously on Chapter 35

"Are you ready, sis?" Aang said. I turn to look at him. I look around and everyone, as they stare back at me with a smile. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I open my eyes and stares at them with a determined look.

I'm ready

-Invading The Fire Nation-

Y/N P.O.V

We are now traveling across the sea, making our way to the Fire Nation kingdom. I clench my dual swords hilt. I feel a hand gently slip into my free hand. I turn my head to see Aang.

"Everything will be okay, sis... don't worry" he said. I smile softly at him and nod my head. "I believe you, brother" I said. He smiles and gives me a side hug. I turn my head forward.

"There they are, the Great Gates of Azulon" Hakoda said. I stare at the distance in confusion. "I don't see any gates" Katara said. "Me neither... you, brother?" I said, turning to look at Aang. He shakes his head.

"Katara, you and the swamp benders whip up a fog cover" Hakoda said. "We'll sneak by them statues just like we sneak by that Fire Navy blockade!" Tho said. Katara and the swamp benders begins to work on the fog.

"Keep it up, we're almost through!" Hakoda said. I just stay silent. Suddenly, there's a sound coming from in front of us. "Everyone below deck! Let's hope your invention works" he said. Everyone instantly rush below deck.

We're now inside a submarine. Hakoda places a hand on Sokka's shoulder. "You've really outdone yourself this time, son" he said, smiling proudly at Sokka. I turn my head and notice Toph sitting on the ground. She looks so pale.

"Yeah, congratulations, Sokka. You managed to invent a worse way of travel than flying" Toph said. I think she's heaving a seasick. The Duke takes off his helmet. "Helmet?" He said, offering it to Toph. She quickly grabs it and begins puking.

I reach inside my waist bag. I walk towards Toph. I kneel down in front of her. "Here's some mints... chew on it. It'll help reduce your seasickness..." I said. She takes it from my hand and puts it inside her mouth. She begins to chew on it.

"Better?" I asked, rubbing her back. She nods her head. "Yeah... a little. How'd you know these kind of stuff" she said. I let out a laugh and take a seat next to her.

"I was on my own before my brother and the others found me. I need to be able to fend for myself if I want to survive. So... I start teaching myself about medicinal herbs for when I need treatments" I said. She hums and nods her head.

"That really comes in handy..." she said. "It does... doesn't it?" I said, laughing softly. She lets out a soft giggle and punch my shoulder. I wince and rubs the sore spot. She really have a rough way when it comes to showing affection. Man... that really hurts.

***

We have passed the gate. Now we are on the surface of the sea. Everyone is currently stretching their bodies, preparing themselves for the big battle. We only have about an hour to reach the palace before the solar eclipse starts.

"So, this is it huh?" Aang said. "Are you ready for the Fire Nation to know the Avatar is alive?" Sokka said. I smile at Aang. He returns the smile and nods his head. "I'm ready" he said, with a determined look. The two of them shakes hand and we come closer for a group hug.

"I hope you kick some serious Fire Lord butt, Twinkle Toes... you too, Y/N. Even without your bending. I'm sure you will do great" Toph said. "Thank you, Toph..." I said.

"Everyone listen up. The next time we resurface, it'll be on the beaches. So stay alert, and fight smart. Now break time's over, back in the subs" Hakoda said. We head inside the submarines, except for Aang, Katara and I. I wanna see my brother before he heads of to the Fire Nation Kingdom.

I wrap my arms around him. "I'm sorry that I can't go with you, Aang... at the time where we need to be working together. But I ended up losing my bending" I said. He wraps his arms around me in return. He runs his hand through my hair.

"It's okay. It wasn't your fault..." he said. I tighten my arms for a few seconds, before finally pulling away. "Good luck, Aang. I love you, brother..." I said. He smiles and place a soft kiss on my forehead. "I love you too, sis..." he said.

"Aang/Katara, I..." Aang and Katara said together. "You go first..." Aang said. "We've been through so many things together, and I've seen you grow up so much. You're not that little goofy kid I found in the iceberg anymore. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm really proud of you" Katara said. Aang blushes at what she said. I smile at the sight.

"Everything's gonna be different after today, isn't it" he said. I just nod my head. I have tears in my eyes, but I force myself to not cry. If I cry, Aang will end up being worried about me. He won't be able to keep his mind on the battle.

"Yes, it is..." Katara said. Aang starts to look worried. "What if... what if I don't come back?" He said. I can hear the fear in his voice. "Don't say that, Aang..." I said.

"Yeah, Aang. Don't say that... of course you'll-" Katata said, but before she can finish her sentence. She got cut off as Aang places a soft kiss against her lips. My eyes widened at the sight. But I eventually smile at them.

They pulls away. Katara stares at Aang sadly as he confidently snaps his glider opens and flies away. I just watch as his figure gets smaller and smaller. I finally let a tear escape my eyes.

"He's going to be fine... don't worry" Katara said. I turn to look at her and smiles softly. I gently wipe the tear from my eyes. "Yeah... I know" I said. I make our way inside the submarine. Katara jumps on Appa and bends water around his head. Then we're back under the water.

The next time we come to the surface. It'll be on the beach of the Fire Nation. We have to be ready for the battle. I stare out the window of the submarine as we are underwater. The ocean is blue and crystal clear. I love the sight... it's beautiful. Despite being in the enemy's territory. Aang... please be okay.

*to be continued*

A/N: I have another exam tomorrow. So... I might not be able to update. But I'll see if I can get it done fast. Anyway, wish me luck guys! Love ya~