Chapter 23

Previously on Chapter 22

I stop not far from them. I stare at my feet. What the hell is wrong with me? I notice that I'm getting angry and cranky. Was Katara right? Did I changed? Ugh... Zuko, this is all your fault!

-Making Up-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm currently laying on the ground not far from our campsite. "Hey Y/N... can we talk?" I hear Sokka said. I sit up from my position and turn to look at him. "Yeah, sure..." I said. He sits down next to me.

"I know that you're upset with Katara" he said. I let out a sigh and look away from him. "Not really..." I said. "Not really? You mean... you're not upset with her?" He said. I turn to look at him.

"I'm not upset with her... I'm upset with myself" I said. "Why?" He asked. I keep my head down. "I'm sure you realize it too... that I'm slowly changing. I'm not who I was anymore... ever since I woke up from a coma. Ever since I lost my bending... I lost myself too" I said. Sokka stays silent. I tighten my grip on my arms. I can feel tears slowly building up in my eyes.

"You know how hard it's been for me ever since I lost my bending. I expected her to understand but well... you've seen how she's been reacting. She called me out... on how I changed. About how I used to be a cheerful and positive minded. But I can't blame her. I guess, deep down I knew. I knew that I'm not me anymore. I... feel like I'm losing myself. I'm scared to admit it so... I lashed out on her" I said, hugging my knees.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Hey. You're wrong, Y/N. You're still the same Y/N. You're just shaken up. I mean... you are experiencing heart-break and worst of all, betrayal. It only make sense to act the way you are. But you are still the same person" he said. I just stare at him with tears streaming down my cheeks.

"You really think so?" I said. He nods his head with a smile. "Of course... I'm sure that you are the same Y/N" he said. I just smile and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Thank you, Sokka... that means a lot" I said. He just hugs me back. "Of course... we're friends. It's my job to comfort a friend who's upset" he said. I pull away from the hug and smiles at him.

"I'm glad to have a friend like you, Sokka... Suki is lucky to have a man like you" I said. He blushes at what I said. I let out a giggle and gently punch his shoulder. The smile on my face slowly flatters as I think of something.

"What's the matter, Y/N?" He said. "Sokka..." I said, without looking at him. "Hm?" He said. I turn to look at him. "Do you think Katara and I will be fine?" I said.

"Of course! Sure... she can be bossy and annoying at times. But deep down... she's a really caring person. Even if acted like a mother at times. But I guess... in a way, I kind of rely on it" he said, rubbing his neck as he said that.

"How so?" I asked, looking at him in confusion. He turns to look at me with a smile. "When our mom died, that was the hardest time in my life. Our family was a mess, but Katara? She had so much strength. She stepped up and took on so much responsibility. She helped fill the void that was left by our mom" he said.

"I can't remember what my mom looked like. Each time I tried to think of my mom's face... I can only see Katara's" he said. My eyes soften at what he said. I wrap my arms around him again. I think I can now understand why Katara have to act like that. She lost her mother when they were only kids. No person can ever be normal because of such traumatic thing.

I stand up and was about to walk away. "Where are you going?" Sokka said, before I could even take a few steps. I stop walking and turn to look at him. "I have to talk to Katara..." I said, giving him a small smile. He looks worried.

"It'll be fine..." I said. He nods his head and stands up. "I hope you guys will clear things up. It hurts to see the people I care about fight with each other..." he said. I smile softly at him. "I think we'll be fine..." I said. I turn around and walks away from him.

I found Katara cooking. "Katara..." I said. She stops stirring and turn to look at me. "What?" She said. I choke out a sob and speed walks towards her. I wrap my arms around her, crying softly while burying my face into her shoulder.

"I-I'm so sorry... y-you were r-right about me. I d-did changed. I w-was so h-hurt and s-scared of what had been h-happening... b-but I also didn't w-want to admit it" I said. She gently wraps her arms around me.

"Y/N... it's fine. I did cross the line as well. I should not have blamed you. I should've tried to understand you better. I keep thinking of what you've said. And I remember the fear when I lost my bending because of Ty Lee's chi blocking. Along with the time when Jet betrayed me. I understand..." she said. I hugged her tighter.

"Thank you, Katara..." I said, as I finally pull away from her. She smiles at me and wipes the tears from my eyes. I let out a soft laugh. "You really acted like a mother sometimes. But that's a good thing. Since you always seem to know how to look after us" I said. She lets out a laugh and ruffles my hair.

"Hey!!" I protested, making her laugh even harder. I rolled my eyes and laughs along with her. "I'm sorry for being angry... I guess I did changed" I said. She smiles at me.

"Don't worry... I'll help you get back to the old you" she said. I nod my head at what she said. "Yeah... that would be great. Thank you, Katara..." I said. I wrap my arms around her again. She laughs and wraps her arms around me.

Losing my bending is hard. But I losing a friend like Katara would be worst. I will try my best to be the Y/N I used to be. I will beat myself forever if I ended up hurting the people who always stick by my side.

*to be continued*