Chapter 91

Previously on Chapter 90

He wants to come with me to visit the realm, so he can ask my parents blessing to take my hand in marriage. He never cease to surprise me.

-Blessings-

Y/N P.O.V

Zuko and I are inside a room. We lit candles around us to bring out more of our spiritual senses. We sit across from each other.

"I'm not sure if it's going to work. But we'll give it a try okay?" I said. He nods his head. I lift my hands, signaling him to hold them. He place his hands on top of mine. I close my eyes and focus.

Realm

I open my eyes, soon realizing I'm inside the realm where my parents live. I feel something in my hand and look down to see a hand. I look up to see Zuko. I grin happily at the sight of him.

"What do you know? It does work!" I said, giggling softly. Zuko smiles softly at me and looks around. "So this is your parents realm?" He said. I nod my head as I look around as well.

"Come on, Zuko. Let's look for them..." I said. I can see Zuko visibly gulps, letting me know that he's feeling nervous. I give his hand a light squeeze, making him turn to look at me.

"It'll be alright..." I said, smiling reassuringly at him. He take a deep breath and nod his head. I lean up and place a soft kiss on his cheek. He smiles at me. I can still see his nervousness, but not as much. We turn around and try to look for my parents. I wonder where they could be.

"Mom? Dad?" I called out. I look around the place. I notice them sitting by the lake. My eyes lit up at the sight of my parents. They turn to look at me after they notice my presence. Each of them starts to smile softly.

"Mom! Dad!" I said, letting go of Zuko's hand and rushes towards them. I slide down on the ground and into their arms. They wrap their arms tightly around me as they return my embrace.

"I miss you guys! I'm sorry I've been busy with the mission to restore balance" I said. I feel a hand on my head. "It's okay, honey... we're so proud of how far you've grown" mom said. I pull away and beam happily at her. Dad smiles softly and gently pinch my cheek. They look over my shoulder to see Zuko, who flinched when he realize they're looking at him.

"And who's this young man you've brought with you, dear?" Dad said. I pull away from them and get up. I make my way towards Zuko and gently slip my hand in his. He turns to look at me with a nervous gaze. I smile reassuringly at him.

"I'm Zuko. The new Fire Lord of the Fire Nation. I'm... Y/N's fiancé. I have proposed to her not too long ago. I came here to ask for both of your blessings as her parents. If you'll have me as your son in law, I'll be honored..." he said. He ends his words by bowing towards them.

"So... this is the boy you've been talking about each time you came here" mom said. I can feel my cheeks turning red at what he said. Must she said that? I glance at Zuko who stands straight and turn to me. I look away from him to avoid eye-contact.

"Which also reminds me..." dad said. He walks over to Zuko and hovers above him because of his height. I can see Zuko getting visibly nervous. He tense up at the stare my father is giving him.

"You broke my daughter's heart and make her go through a lot of pain!" He said, sending an icy glare at Zuko. I watch in worry as Zuko starts to stumble upon his words.

"I... uh. It's um... I'm so sorry! I know what I did was wrong. I got nothing to say to defend myself. But please... I love Y/N with all of my heart. I love her so much that the regrets of betraying her and breaking her heart keeps haunting me. They keep coming into my nightmare... I'm so sorry..." he said. He drops on his hands and knees, bowing at my father.

"Dad..." I said. He turns to look at me. I walk over to him and hug his arm. "Zuko have changed. He helped us win the war... you're the one who told me that we need to accept ourselves in order to be at peace. Please don't make the past burdens him... so he can forgive himself" I said. He stares at me for a few seconds, before letting out a sigh.

"Get up, kid..." he said, turning to look at Zuko. Zuko lift his head, but didn't make a move to stand up from his spot. He shakes his head as he stares up at my dad.

"I'll not get up until I know you've forgiven me. I'll do anything for you to forgive me. I don't want to lose Y/N. She's my path... she's the one who taught me to see the light. Without her... my life would be empty and dark" he said, lowering his head again. My dad let out a sigh. He walks over to him, gently places a hand on his shoulder.

"Get up..." he said. Zuko shakes his head stubbornly. I can see his whole body starting to shake. I can see droplets of water drips onto the ground beneath him. My eyes soften as I realize Zuko is crying.

"Get up, Zuko... it's okay" I said. Zuko turns to look at me, allowing me to see the tears on his cheeks. I walk over to him and offers my hand. "Get up..." I said. He hesitantly place a hand on mine. I swiftly pull him up.

He turns to look at my parents, as they just stares at him. "I'm sorry..." he said, in a weak voice as he lowers his head. My mom walks up to him, gently wrapping her arms around him. Zuko froze at the action.

My dad smiles at Zuko. "I can only see sincerity in your eyes, young man. Therefore, I believe that you are the best match for our precious daughter..." he said. Zuko's eyes widened at his words.

"D-Does... does t-that mean?" He said. My mom pull away from the hug and smiles at him. "Yes, sweetie. You have our blessings to marry our daughter" she said. Zuko's eyes starts to fill with tears at what she said.

"Thank goodness..." Zuko choked out as he turns to me, wrapping his arms around me. He buries his face into the crook of my neck as he starts to cry softly. I just smile softly as I gently hugs him back. I turn to look at my parents and smiles at them, as a sign of gratitude. Dad gently wraps his arm around mom's shoulder, as they smile at me.

Zuko eventually pulls away and walks forward to stand in front of them. "Thank you so much! I swear I will always take care of Y/N!" He said. Dad offers a hand shake and Zuko happily accepts it. The two of them smiles at each other.

"We'll hold onto your word, young man..." dad said. I run towards the two of them, throwing my arms around them. They let out a laugh as they returns my embrace.

"Thank you, mom. Thank you, dad!!" I said. I feel so happy. They've accepted Zuko as the man for me. It means that we're a step closer to finally tying our relationship in a sacred ceremony of marriage.

End of Realm

I open my eyes as Zuko do the same. He blinks his eyes a few times. I smile softly at him as he broke into a grin. He throws his arms around me, pulling me closer. I let out a yelp at his sudden move. I let out a giggle as I hugs him back.

"I gained their blessing to marry you! I'm so happy, Y/N... for a second, I thought they're going to make me leave you..." he said, pulling away from me as he gently cups my cheeks. I smile softly at him, placing my hands on top of his.

"One more step... until we've officially tied our bond forever" I said. He smiles and nods his head. He lean his forehead against mine, as he caressed my cheeks with his thumbs.

"I love you, Y/N..." he said, softly. I smile softly and pull away slightly from him, so I can get a good view of his face. "I love you too, Zuko..." I said. He smiles happily and leans closer to place a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes and kisses him back.

We're getting married!!

*to be continued*