Chapter 15

Previously on Chapter 14

I turn around and enters my room. I head to my bed and lay down, turning my body to the side. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

-Becoming A Sword Master-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm now standing in front of Fat for another training session. I breathe heavily, trying regain my strength. I stand straight and lunges forward. I swing my dual swords, trying my best to land some hit on Fat.

Fat moves around me and hits my back. I stumble forward. "Come on, Y/N... you have to let go of what is blocking your mind. You have to make peace with the burden... in order to master full control in the art of sword fighting" Master Piandao said. I let out a sigh and closes my eyes.

I open my eyes and lunges forward. I dodge each of Fat's attack. I swing my arm and manage to throw Fat's sword. I slide on the ground and knock him off balance. I stand over him and point one of the dual sword close to his neck.

He lays there with a stun expression. I take a couple of steps back. "Well done, Y/N..." Master Piandao said. I turn to look at him and bow. I let out a heavy breath and fall on my knees. Sokka rushes forward to me.

"Are you okay?" He said. "I'm exhausted..." I said. He gently take the wooden dual sword from my hands. He lets out a gasp as he stare at my hands. They're full of bruises and cuts.

"You're pushing yourself too far, Y/N..." he said. I just give him a weak smile. My eyes roll back and everything turns black.

***

I open my eyes and realize I'm in a room. I lift my hand and notice my hands are wrapped up in some bandages. I let out a sigh and sit up, which is kind of a struggle because of my hands.

"Slowly, Y/N..." someone said. I turn my head to see Sokka. He walks over to me and helps me sit up. I lean my back against the pillow. He takes a seat on the chair.

"How are you feeling?" He asked. "I'm fine..." I said, smiling at him. "I got you some food... you need to eat" he said. He offers a bowl to me. I lift my hand and gently grab it. I wince in pain and drop the bowl, it lands on the ground.

"Sorry..." I said. Sokka shakes his head. "It's fine... I will go and get some more. Just sit back and relax, okay? I'll clean this up later too" he said, smiling at me. I just nod my head, smiling gratefully at him. I lean back and watch Sokka walks out of the room.

Sokka comes back a while later. "I'll just feed it to you. Okay?" He said. I just nod my head. He lift the spoon and scoop some of the food. He gently bring it closer to my lips. I open my mouth and ears it.

"Thank you, Sokka..." I said. He smiles and nods his head. He continue to feed me, until I finish the food. He gently help me drink the water too.

"You should rest now..." he said. I nod my head. He helps me lay down. He pulls the blanket up to my neck. "Sleep well, Y/N..." he said. I nod my head and close my eyes, letting myself drift off to sleep.

A Few Days Later

My hands finally healed after a few days. Sokka and I are currently standing in front of Master Piandao. He is asking us to choose the right material for our weapons.

I gently pick the metal, trying to see which one will make the best material for my dual swords. I glance at Sokka to see him doing the same. But I can tell that he's struggling as well.

"Master, would it be possible for us to leave and bring back a special material for our swords‌?" He said. "I wouldn't have it any other way" Master said. Sokka smiles and grabs my hand. He starts pulling me along with him.

"They're coming!" I hear Toph said. I flinched when they come towards us, pulling us into a group hug. "Sokka! Y/N!" Aang said. "You're back!" Toph said. "We missed you so much!" Katara said. I let out a soft laugh.

"I miss you guys" I said. Aang take a few steps back and turn to Sokka. "Say something funny!" He said. Sokka looks confused. "Funny how?" He said. They burst out laughing, while Toph just crosses her arms across her chest.

"What's their deal?" Sokka said. "I don't know. They missed you or something. I didn't care" Toph said. I can see a soft blush on her cheek. I just shake my head and laugh softly. "Thanks. That warms my heart. Anyway, I need some help" Sokka said.

We head to where we saw the meteorite. I turn to look at Sokka. "We're going to make our swords with these?" I said. He smiles and nods his head. "Okay... let's see how this'll go" I said. The others helps us take the meteorite back to Master Piandao's castle.

"Who's this?" Master said, getting out of the gate. "Oh, these are our friends. Just other good Fire Nation folks" Sokka said. The others bow towards him.

I smile at them and turn to look at Master Piandao. "Soo... Do you think we can make swords out of a meteorite‌?" I said. Master Piandao places a hand on the meteorite. "We'll make a sword unlike any other in the world" he said. Sokka and I turn to each other with a wide grin.

Time-skip

After days of forging and shaping, we finally get our swords done. Me and Sokka are now kneeling in front of Master Piandao for a final session. After that, we'd be able to continue our journey.

Master Piandao is now talking to Sokka about his first impression about him. Sokka looks a little bit embarrassed as Master Piandao keeps talking.

"As for Y/N..." Master Piandao said, turning to look at me. I straighten my posture as I pay attention to what he have to say about me. "When I first met you. I can see it clearly in your eyes that you're facing a huge block inside your mind. I can see anger, regret, and most of all... an indescribable pain. These blocks are very hard to conquer. But you manage to clear your mind to gain full control. I'm very proud of you for that... both of you. I couldn't ask for better apprentice" he said, smiling at us. I smile softly at him.

Even though I can clear my head from the pain. I can't clear it completely from my heart. The pain of Zuko's betrayal are too deep to erase. I will never forget it... I will never forget the day he broke me. The day, that caused me to lose my bending. I won't forget what he did... never.

*to be continued*