Chapter 33

Previously on Chapter 32

Things like this never happens to him before when we were kids. He only have minor anxiety here and there. But never until having nightmares. Now he seem to be having daydreams as well. Oh Spirits... what should we do now?

-He Should Be Okay-

Y/N P.O.V

Aang ended up running off, screaming that he needs to jump into a cold water fall. I let out a sigh at my brother's condition. I turn to look at my friends.

"Any other ideas?" I asked. They just shrugs their shoulders. I hear bleating sound. I turn my head to see the koala sheep. I notice the thick fur on their backs and an idea pops up in my head.

"Guys... I have a plan" I said. They turn to look at me, waiting for me to start telling them what my plan is. I start to tell them that we should try to make a bed that looks like cloud. Katara will be using her water-bending to create mist surrounding the bed we made.

"Sounds like a good plan. I bet after having a good place to sleep comfortably, he shouldn't have any nightmares" Sokka said. I grin and nod my head. "So... let's get down to business, shall we?" I said. They grin and nods their heads. Sorry sheep... we're going to have to shave your furs.

***

Aang sleepily walks towards the place we set the bed. He looks up and walks through the mist. He notices the bed and eyes it suspiciously.

"Oh, look. Another hallucination. An imaginary bed made out of clouds" he said. He walks towards it and start inspecting the bed. "Hey! It's real! We spent hours working on it" Toph said.

"We made it for you, brother" I said, placing a hand on his shoulder. "A good night's sleep will probably take the crazy away. We hope" Sokka said. He turns to look at us.

"Look! You guys keep telling me that I need to sleep, but I can't! The invasion's tomorrow!" He said. I can hear the frustration in his voice. Katara walks closer to him. "Aang..." she said.

"No, Katara! There's still so much I haven't learned. I don't need sleep. What I need is practice. Quick, one of you, hit me!" He said, taking a battle stance. But he starts to wobble a little. I let out a sigh and place my hands on his shoulders.

"Neither of us are going to hit you" I said, looking at him with a soft gaze. "You want me to do it?" Toph said. I turn to give her a look even though she can't see that. Sokka nudges her back.

"Listen to me. You've been training for this since the day we met. I've seen your progress. You're smart, brave, and strong enough" Katara said, trying to give him the comfort he needs so he can sleep.

"You really think so?" He said. I nod my head, with a smile on my face. "We all do. You can do this. You're ready" Sokka said. "You're the man, Twinkle Toes!" Toph said.

"Thanks, guys..." he said. He starts to yawn. I gently help him lay down on the bed we've created. I can see him relaxing at the softness of the wool. He let out a sigh and smiles. "You know what? I think I am ready" he said. He closes his eyes and slowly drift off to sleep.

I smile and gently place a soft kiss on his cheek

I smile and gently place a soft kiss on his cheek. He start to let out a soft snore. I stand up and turn to the others. I give them a thumbs up. They grin and start to clap, but make sure to not make a sound. I gesture them to leave Aang, so he can have a proper rest. He should be okay now.

Time-skip

Today is the day. The day we'll invade the Fire Nation. The day of the Black Sun, where all fire-benders loses their bending.

We are now preparing ourselves for the upcoming invasion. I sit crossed leg with my back leaning on a rock. I'm currently sharpening my dual swords. I'm not sure how I'll be able to pull this mission off. I still have no bending. I tried doing some... but they still doesn't work.

Aang suddenly appears, leaping in the air. He lands next to Toph. He looks a lot fresher after getting a good night sleep last night. I smile at the sight of him.

Momo lands on his shoulder, looking happy. Aang gently pat his head. "Top of the morning, Momo!" He said, happily. I smile at the sight. I feel a lick on mt cheek. I pat l/n's head, who's sitting on mine.

"I know girl... I'm happy to see my brother's okay" I said. She chitters softly, which makes me giggle. I turn to look at Aang again. Katara rises and smiles at Aang.

"Sounds like you slept well" she said. He grins and turns to look at her. "Like a baby moose lion. I'm ready to face the Fire Lord" he said, resuming a fighting stance. I stand up and walk towards him.

"I'm so glad to see you're okay, brother. You really had me worried" I said, placing my hands on his shoulders. He smiles and gently pulls me into a hug. He gently runs his hand through my hair.

"I'm sorry, sis..." he said. I just wrap my arms tightly around his torso. I can feel tears building up in my eyes. I bury my face in his shoulder, as I try to stop myself from crying. We have a battle ahead of us. So I shouldn't make them worried about me.

But I can't help it, seeing how Aang have been acting a few days ago makes me feel upset and useless. I really thought that I'm going to lose my brother to madness.

"Sis? Are you crying?" Aang said. He must've heard my heavy breathing. I just stay silent. He place his hands on my shoulders, and pulls away from me. He frowns when he notices the tears in my eyes.

"Why are you crying?" He asked. I give him a sad smile. "I thought I was going to lose my brother. I just... watching you in that condition, it scares me. Along with the fact that I can't do anything to help you" I said. Tears finally streams down my cheeks. He gives me a sad gaze.

"I'm so sorry, sis..." he said, pulling me into a tight hug. Katara walks over to me and rubs my back. "Y/N... who said you didn't do anything for Aang? The whole cloud bed thing was your idea. Remember?" She said.

Aang pulls away from me and cups my cheeks. "That was your idea?" He said. I just nod my head. He let out a laugh and grin at me. "See? You did help me, sis... so don't beat yourself okay?" He said. I just nod my head. He smiles and pulls me into another hug. I wrap my arms around his torso, hugging him back tightly. I'm just so happy that I can have my brother back.

*to be continued*