Chapter 61

Previously on Chapter 60

"Do you... still love him?" She asked. I just turn my head away from her. I stare into the distance as I repeat her question inside my mind. I start to ask myself the same question.

Do I still love Zuko?

-A Reconciliation-

Y/N P.O.V

"It's complicated... part of me still says I do. While, the other part isn't entirely sure. Like, I can feel this fear lingering somewhere within my heart. The fear of getting disappointed again. I'm scared that Zuko will betray me again. Other part, wanted to give him another chance to fix that mistakes. It's confusing. Well, I guess that's just how love is. Complicated... there's never clear answer to it" I said. I turn to look at Katara. She let out a hum at what I said.

"I don't know... I've never been in love before..." she said. I just frown at what she said. I wonder if she'll ever notice my brother's feelings for her. I wonder if she will ever return Aang's love.

"But aren't you and Jet?" I said. She turns to look at me with a slight blush on her cheeks. "It was just a mere admiration... I don't think it fits to be called as love" she said. I let out a giggle at her flustered face. "I wonder where he is right now. We haven't seen him after I saved his life that day" I said. She just shrugs her shoulders.

"Maybe traveling around the world?" She said. I let out a hum and nod my head in agreement at what she said. "Yeah... sounds like something he would do" I said. She smiles softly at what I said. I turn my head when I hear footsteps coming closer. Katara turn her head. I can see her growing timid. She just ignores his presence.

"I'll leave you both to have a talk... I feel like you need it. Just hear him out, okay Katara?" I said. I stand up and was about to walk away, when I feel her hand grabbing my wrist. I turn to look at her. She shakes her head, looking at me with a pleading gaze.

"Don't leave me alone with him..." she said. I turn to look at Zuko as he just nods his head. I let out a sigh and stands next to Katara. She just looks away from Zuko. I can tell her action makes Zuko frustrated.

"This isn't fair! Everyone else seems to trust me now! What is it with you?" He said. Katara scoffs at what he said. She turns to look at Zuko with a glare.

"Oh, everyone trusts you now! I was the second person to trust you after Y/N! Remember, back in Ba Sing Se. And you turned around and betrayed me, betrayed all of us. Betrayed Y/N whom you claimed you love!" She said, gesturing towards me as she said the last sentence.

"What can I do to make it up to you?" Zuko said, as he closes his eyes. "You really want to know? Hmm, maybe you could reconquer Ba Sing Se in the name of the Earth King" she said, as she walks up to him while snapping angrily at him.

"Or, I know! You could bring my mother back!" She said. She storms away, purposely bumping onto his shoulder as she walks away. I just watch in silent as her figure gradually becomes smaller. I turn around and walks towards the cliff. I take a seat at the edge. I can hear Zuko letting out a sigh as he walks closer to me.

"Can I join you?" He said. I turn to look at him with a small smile. "Did I tell you to get lost?" I said, in a playful tone. He let out a chuckle at what I said and take a seat next to me.

"Give her time, Zuko... she'll warm up to you. You just have to figure out how to melt her wall..." I said. He turns to look at me. "And how do I do that?" He asked. I just shrugs my shoulders at what he asked.

"Honestly, I'm not the best person to ask about it. You should ask her brother" I said. He nods his head in agreement at what I said. I smile softly at him. I gently pat his shoulder. I stand up and walks away, leaving Zuko alone with his own thought.

***

It's now the next day. I'm sitting on Appa's arm, as I gently pat his snout. "I'm going to train hard, buddy. So I can bring b/n back. You won't be alone anymore when I succeed" I said, smiling softly at him. He let out a soft groan at what I said.

"I need to borrow Appa..." Katara said, as she walks up to us with Zuko. Zuko have a sack slung over his shoulder. I'm guessing they're going to go on a trip together.

"Why? Is it your turn to take a little field trip with Zuko?" Aang said, jokingly. "Yes, it is..." she said. Aang let out a surprise sound. "Oh. What's going on?" I said. She turns to look at me. I can see a glint in her eyes. It's a mixture between sadness and anger.

"We're going to find the man who took my mother from me" she said. I let out a gasp of shock at what she said. I turn my head to look at Zuko. I walk up to him and pulls him by his elbow. I start to pull him away from the others.

"What's wrong?" He asked, after we're quite far from the others. I turn to look at him and cross my arms. "Are you sure this is the best idea? What if she kill the man?" I asked. He let out a sigh and runs his hand through his hair.

"Believe me, Y/N... she needs this. She needs to have a closure. Like you and I did... even though to have forgiven me. You're still mad at me, right?" He said. I just look away from him.

I can feel his fingers on my chine. He tilts my head to look at him. "I know that you needed time. But I just need to say this" he said. I just stare at him, waiting for him to say he what he wants to say. He smiles at me as he move his hand, from my chin to my cheek.

"I love you, Y/N. I love you... so much" he said, as he stares at me with a soft gaze. He slowly leans down and gently place a soft kiss on my forehead. I froze at his sudden action. He pulls away and walks away. I just stare at his back.

"Zuko!" I yelled out. He stops mid-ways and turn to look at me. "Yeah?" He said. I quickly run towards him, trying my arms around his neck. I gently place my lips against his. He froze at the sudden action. He slowly relaxes and gently cups both of my cheeks, gently kissing me back.

We pull away for air. I smile softly at him as he leans his forehead against mine. "I love you too, Zuko..." I said. His eyes widened at what I said. I can see tears slowly gathering in his eyes.

"Y-You do?" He said, his voice cracking slightly. I smile and nod my head. He let out a choked sob as he wraps his arms around my waist, hugging me tightly. I wrap my arms around him, hugging him back just as tight. I smile softly to myself as I finally realizes that I still love the guy.

I still love Zuko...

*to be continued*

A/N: yayyy!!! The couple is back together!! What will happen next? Stay tune and find out! I hope you like this book! Love ya~