Chapter 25

Previously on Chapter 24

"Of course... you're my sister. I will always know when something is bothering you" he said. I just lean my head on his shoulder and sighs. "Will they ever come back?" I said. He nods his head. "They will... I'm sure they will. We just have to figure out how to bring them back" he said. I just nod my head at his attempt to sooth me. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

-Hama-

Y/N P.O.V

We are currently gathering around a bonfire. Sokka is telling us a horror story. "Suddenly, they heard something down the hall in the dark. Oooh... It came into the torchlight... and they knew the blade of Wing Fung was haunted! Ooh-aaah!" He said. He's making a dramatic voice, trying to add an effect to the story he's telling us. But honestly, it's not scary at all.

"I think I like "the man with a sword for a hand" better" Aang said, after a while with an unimpressed look. I nod my head in agreement. "Water Tribe slumber parties must stink" Toph said.

"No, wait! I've got one! And this is a true Southern Water Tribe story" Katara said. I turn to look at her. I scoot closer to her, eager to hear what her story will be like.

"Is this one of those "a friend of my cousin knew some guy that this happened to" stories?" Sokka said. Katara shakes her head. "No, it happened to Mom" she said. I notice Sokka stiffen after hearing this. I turn to focus on Katara, waiting for her to tell us the story.

"One winter when Mom was a girl, a snowstorm buried the whole village for weeks. A month later, Mom noticed she hadn't seen her friend Nini since the storm. So Mom and some others went to check on Nini's family. When they got there, no one was home. "It's so cold and I can't get warm!"" She said, turning to look at Sokka who cowers in fear.

"Mom turned and saw Nini standing by the fire. She was blue like she was frozen. Mom ran outside for help, but when everyone came back, Nini was gone" she said. I scoot closer to Aang, holding onto his arm out of fear.

"Where'd she go?" Sokka said. "No one knows. Nini's house stands empty to this day, but sometimes, people see smoke coming up from the chimney, like little Nini is still trying to get warm" she said. At this point, Sokka is huddled up with me and Aang. I end up in the middle, getting squished. It was eerily silent after Katara finished her words.

Toph suddenly gasp, startling us. She have her hand on the ground. "What's wrong??" I said. "Did you hear that? I hear people under the mountain. And they're screaming" she said. She sounded serious, so I think she isn't joking.

"Pfft! Nice try" Sokka said, thinking she's just joking around. "No, I'm serious. I hear something!" Toph said. I gulp at her words. "I think she's serious..." I said.

"You're probably just jumpy from the ghost stories" Katara said, trying to sound convincing. But I can hear her voice shaking a little. "It just... stopped" Toph said.

"All right, now I'm getting scared" Aang said, still holding onto me. "There there..." I said, patting his back. He turns to me with a straight face.

"Hello, children" someone said. We scream at top of our lungs and hurdles away from the voice. I look up to see an old woman. She have a smile on her face. "Sorry to frighten you. My name is Hama. You children shouldn't be out in the forest by yourselves at night. I have an inn nearby. Why don't you come back there for some spiced tea and warm beds?" She said. "Yes, please" Sokka said, sheepishly. Well... an inn is better than staying out here.

***

We are now sitting around the dining table inside Hama's inn. Hama is pouring some tea into the teacups. The sight of tea reminds me of Iroh.

The last time I saw him, he was trying to help me, Aang and Katara escaped. I wonder how he is right now. I can't believe Zuko would betrayed his uncle like that. The uncle that always looked after him and loved him as if he's his own son.

"Thanks for letting us stay here tonight. You have a lovely inn" Katara said, snapping me out of my train of thought. I turn to look at her as she looks at Hama with a smile of appreciation.

"Aren't you sweet? You know you should be careful. People have been disappearing in those woods you were camping in" she said. I start to feel nervous at the way she said it.

"What do you mean "disappearing"?" Sokka said. I can hear nervousness in his voice. "When the moon turns full, people walk in and they don't come out"she said, I gulp at her tone. She wounded so serious.

"Who wants more tea?" She said, standing up while holding the pot. She acted as if she didn't just scare the hell out of us. The five of us just stay silent after what Hama said earlier. Something is wrong with this place... and I don't like it one bit.

"Don't worry, you'll all be completely safe here. Why don't I show you to your rooms and you can get a good night's rest?" She said, clapping her hands with a smile on her face. She stands up and walks away. She turns to us, gesturing us to follow her. We look at each other and follows her.

I share a room with Katara. There's two beds in the room. I take off my outer clothes and gently lay it on the table. I walk towards the bed and lay down. Out of the corner of my eyes, I can see Katara doing the same.

I keep tossing and turning but I can't seem to fall asleep. I sit up on my bed and turn to look at Katara who have fallen asleep. I let out a sigh and decide to look for some fresh air.

I walk outside and sit on the balcony. I stare at the night sky where the moon can be seen clearly. It's quite peaceful tonight. I sit crossed-leg and try to meditate.

Realm

I open my eyes and notice I'm in the realm of my parents. I look around the place. "Mom? Dad?" I called out for them.

"We're here, sweetie..." a voice said behind me. I turn around and sees them. I grin happily and runs towards them. I wrap my arms around them and they return the hug.

"What's the matter, sweetie?" Dad said. I pull away from the hug and start telling them what had been happening. How I saved Aang... and how I lost my bending afterwards.

"By giving your spiritual energy to Aang. You're giving your bending to him. But don't worry... there are still more Spiritual e where buried deep within you. Remember that you're a Spryth, Y/N" she said. "But how do I get it out?" I asked. "Same thing... you have to remember your past life. Who you were before you were reborn as half-human" mom said.

"Once you remember... you will awaken the power beyond your imagination" dad said. I just nod my head as a sign that I understand. Mom gently runs her hand through my hair. "I'm sure you can do it... we believe in you..." she said. I smile and hugs them tightly.

End of Realm

I open my eyes and look up at the sky. I still have spiritual energy in me. There's still hope that I can bend again. But to do that... I have to remember who I was before I became a half-human. But how... how can I remember who I was? That's what I have to find out.

*to be continued*