Chapter 18

Previously on Chapter 17

"Well, that was random..." Toph said. I turn to look at her. "I don't think so" I said. "I get a feeling he knows who we are" Katara said, making me nod my head in agreement. Great... a new threat.

-Avatar Roku's Past-

Y/N P.O.V

We are now heading to where Aang claims to be Avatar Roku's homeland. He said that Avatar Roku wants us to know how the war starts. Maybe that way, we'd know how to put it to an end.

"There it is. That's Roku's home" Aang said, as Sokka directs Appa to fly towards an island. Aang is using his bending to cover Appa in clouds. So, we won't be spotted.

"But, there's nothing here" Katara said. She sounded confused. "Yes, there is. An entire village, hundreds of houses... all completely buried in ash" Toph said. I look down at the ground in sadness. Is this how he died?

Aang climbs on a rock and start to meditate. I just sit on the ground, not far from him. His body starts to relax as he enters the Spirit World. I lean forward and place my elbows on my knees.

Aang would talk every once in a while. "I wonder what he's seeing... I wish I can see it too" I said. Katara turns to me and gently rub my back. "Stop beating yourself, Y/N. I'm sure your spiritual power will come back..." she said. I just give her a small smile. I turn to look at Aang as he makes a move.

I raise an eyebrow at what he's doing

I raise an eyebrow at what he's doing. "Do they have bathrooms in the Spirit World??" Katara said. "As a matter of fact... they do not" Sokka said. I recall what happened when he returns to the human world after getting abducted by Hei Bai.

I let out a soft giggle. Sokka turns to me with a raised eyebrow. "What?" I said, covering my mouth. He just rolls his eyes. I have a feeling that he actually knows what I was thinking about.

Aang opens his eyes. "That was fast..." I said. He sit down on the same rock facing us. "I think the time dimension is different from our world, Y/N..." he said. I let out a hum and nod my head. He smiles at me and start telling us what Avatar Roku told him.

"You mean, after all Roku and Sozin went through together, even after Roku showed him mercy, Sozin betrayed him like that‌?" Katara said, after Aang told us everything.

"It's like these people are born bad" Toph said. "No, that's wrong. I don't think that was the point of what Roku showed me at all" Aang said. "Then what was the point?" Sokka said.

"Roku was just as much Fire Nation as Sozin was, right? If anything, their story proves anyone's capable of great good and great evil. Everyone, even the Fire Lord and the Fire Nation have to be treated like they're worth giving a chance. And I also think it was about friendships" Aang said.

"Do you really think friendships can last more than one lifetime?" Toph said. I walk towards her and gently grab her hand. "I don't see why not..." I said. The others joins us and held hands together, except for Sokka.

"Well, scientifically speaking, there's no way to prove that" Sokka said. Katara sighs in annoyance at him. "Oh, Sokka, just hold hands" she said. Sokka quickly holds her hand, which makes her smile happily.

***

We are currently on a rocky area. It's time for Aang to practice on his sensory senses. It's important for him to learn to earth-bend like Toph did. So he can be aware of his surrounding.

"Okay, I'm ready for some training!" Aang said. He turns around to face the girls. I'm sitting on the side to watch. Mainly because my body isn't fit enough due to just being awake from my coma... I'm also still tired after the training with Master Piandao. I don't know... ever since I got into a coma, my body just becomes weaker than normal.

I watch as Aang manage to dodge all the attacks. He throws a small boulder at Toph. "Good job, Twinkle Toes. Visual. Then attack!" She said. She throws the rock towards Aang, who sinks himself underground. The rock hits Katara instead, which knocks her to the ground. This cannot end well.

Katara stands back up and dust herself. "Maybe you should take your own advice, Toph!" She said. Toph just chuckles at what she said. "What's the matter? Can't handle a little dirt, Madame Fussy-Britches?" Toph said.

I can see Katara's eyebrow twitching at her words. She creates a wave and send it at Toph. Toph gets hit by the wave and starts to get angry. Katara let's out a chuckle.

"Oh, sorry. Did I splash you, Mud-Slug?" She said. I let out a sigh at them. "Are we taking a break?" Aang said. I can see Sokka not far behind him. I can see a mischievous smile on his face. He jumps up and runs up to Aang.

"Sneak attack!!!" He yelled. Aang just casually create a rock pillar which hits Sokka. He lowers the pillar and Sokka falls back. Aang takes off his blindfold and turn to look at Sokka.

"Sokka, sneak attacks don't work if you yell it out loud" he said. I let out a laugh at Sokka's face. I turn to look at the girls and huffed softly. I can see Toph and Katara wrestling with each other. Aang turns to them too.

"Uh guys, I thought we were supposed to be training me" he said. Katara steps away from Toph and clean some mud from her body. "Very well, pupil. I believe we've had enough training for today" she said. She turns around and walks away.

"While Katara cleans up, let's go have some fun!" Toph said, using earth-bending to shake the mud from her body. "Yeah!/yes!" Aang and Sokka said together.

Aang turns to look at me. "Are you coming, sis?" He said. I let out a sigh and grab my dual swords. "Sure, why not? Somebody have to keep you guys out of trouble..." I said. He grins and wraps his arm around my shoulder. Then we head to town.

Time-skip

"Look at all those messenger hawks! You know, I've been thinking about getting one for myself. That way, I wouldn't have to talk to anyone. I could just send them messages" Sokka said. I turn my head to look at where he's staring. There's a bunch of hawks flying around in the sky.

"I gotta say, I like the idea of not talking to you" Toph said. Sokka turns to glare at her. While I just let out a sigh. Toph always have to say something sarcastic. But that's just how she is.

"So, guys. What are we gonna get with our last silver piece?" Aang said, holding up a silver piece. Toph stops walking. "We can get more money" she said. I look at her in confusion.

"How?" I asked. "Right there..." she said, pointing at a certain direction. "What about that?" I asked. She smirks at me. "This is where you seeing people are at a disadvantage. Everyone guesses wrong because the dealer moves the rock at the last minute. But I can feel it with my earth-bending" she said. Aang and Sokka turns to look at me.

"What?" I asked. Aang shrugs his shoulders. "You're the one who said you'll make sure that we'd stay out of trouble. So?" He said. Sokka gives me a pleasing look. I let out a sigh. "Fine... but this is only because that man is a scammer..." I said. They let out a cheer at what I said. Let's hope nothing bad happens out of this.

*to be continued*