Chapter 79

Previously on Chapter 78

"I'm fine, brother. We'll be paying a visit to Southern Water-Tribe first. We'll start from top" I said. Katara and Sokka looks really happy at what I said, while Aang grins and nods his head. I just smile softly at their happiness. It has been a while since they returned home. So, Southern Water-Tribe...

Here we come!!

-Back To Kyoshi Island-

Y/N P.O.V

It's going to take a while for us to reach the Southern Water-tribe. So we changed the plan and decided to go through the same path we did. Except now, we've got a different purpose. Now we've got a mission, that is to show everyone that the Fire Nation have changed.

We make the first stop to Kyoshi Island. It's where we met Suki and the others. I urge b/n to land on the ground, followed closely by Appa. I jump from her head and lands swiftly on the ground.

The villagers instantly rushes towards us. I smile at everyone and wave. They start cheering on us. Their face changes when Zuko, Ty Lee, Mai and Uncle Iroh gets off of b/n.

"What are those monsters doing here?!" One of them said, pointing at the four of them. I turn my head to look at Zuko. He walks forward, making the people steps back while staring at him in fear.

"Now now... everyone. Settle down. These people are my friends. They mean no harm" I said, lifting both of my hands. They stare at me with a doubtful face. I smile and gestures Zuko to walk over to me. He did as I told.

I gently slip my hand in his. "See? He didn't hurt me. As a matter of fact, he's my boyfriend" I said. I feel Zuko's hand tighten around mine. I turn my head to look at him to see a sad expression on his face. I give his hand a light squeeze and turn to villagers.

"Please give these people a chance. They helped in ending the war too!" I said. I can hear murmuring among the villagers. Zuko slowly lets my hand go. He walks forward and drops on his knees.

"I know what I did was wrong. I burned your village a while ago. If there's anything for me to do that will make it up for it... I'll do it in a heartbeat. Just please give me a chance..." he said, bowing his head down. My eyes soften at the sight of him bowing his head for forgiveness.

"This is the Fire Lord of the Fire Nation everyone! But he's willing to get on his knees just for you to give the Fire Nation a chance!" My brother said. I turn to look at him and nod my head. I turn to the villagers again.

"We are all human beings... born from one single branch. All of us are one unity. Holding hatred and grudges against each other will only cause us to suffer. We will never find peace in this world if we live in hatred. Let us forgive the Fire Nation. We have to give them a chance to redeem themselves... and they'll show you that they've changed!" I said. The villagers continue to show displeasure at Zuko's and the others presences.

I take a deep breath. "A long time ago... I witnessed what the Fire Nation had done to my people, to my home. But I can forgive them... and even fall in love with one of them. Deep within their heart... they have a good hard. Zuko here proved himself to me despite everything he had done. It took a long time... but I forgive him... I forgive all of them. And if I can do that, I'm sure you can too! Please... let us let go of the past and move on towards a better life. The life of peace, kindness and love" I said. They are silent for a bit.

One boy cautiously walks towards Zuko. Zuko turn his head to look at him. "My name is Yu... I forgive you, Mister..." he said. Zuko's eyes widened at the boy's words. He starts to tear up.

The boy gives him a toothy grin and gently wrap his arms around Zuko's neck, who's still kneeling down. Zuko choked out a sob as he returns the little boy's embrace. I smile softly at the sight.

"You see everyone? Yu is an example of the brighter future. If he can forgive the Fire Nation... why can't you?" I said, turning to look at the villagers. They murmured among themselves and starts to clap their hands.

Zuko, Uncle Iroh, Mai and Ty Lee's eyes widened at the sight. I smile softly at the villagers and walks up to Zuko. He wraps his arms around me, pulling me into his embrace.

"They forgive you and the Fire Nation, Zuko..." I said. He nods his head at what I said. "And I'm truly grateful..." he said, placing a soft kiss on the side of my head. I smile softly and leans my head against his chest.

He pulls away from the hug and turn to look at the villagers. "Thank you so much everyone..." he said, bowing at them. Uncle Iroh, Ty Lee and Mai doing the same as a sign of their gratitude. Which makes the villagers cheers louder.

***

The villagers decided to throw a feast, as a way to celebrate the new peace. Zuko and the others give them a hand in preparing everything. While some are a bit cautious of them, but the others are quite welcoming. Which makes me happy to see everyone getting along.

We are all gathering around in the bonfire they have set up. I sit in between Zuko and Aang. Uncle Iroh is going around, handing people cups of tea. I smile at how happy he is, when everyone likes the teas he've made.

"Oh, would anyone here wants to hear a joke?" He suddenly said, earning everyone's attention. "Sure!" One of them said. He clears his throat. "There's a man who loves to drink teas... so his friend would give him a tea plants. Days after days... his friend would give him a pot. Until one day, there was no room left in the man's house. So when his friend comes to give yet another pot of tea leaves. He said "leave me alone... I'm bushed!"" He said. Everyone burst out laughing at what he said.

I cover my lips as I let out a giggle. "So that's how the joke goes..." I said, turning to look at Zuko who just let out a laugh. He turns to look at me and ruffles my hair.

"Well, now you know..." he said. I just keep laughing along with everyone. Zuko wraps his arm around my shoulder, making me lean on his while still laughing softly. He places a soft kiss on the side of my head. I smile softly at him and turn to look everyone who seem to enjoy the company of Zuko and the others. I smile softly. Slowly but surely... we will restore the world's peace.

*to be continued*