Chapter 49

Previously on Chapter 48

She send another stream of water at me. I quickly dodge it. I start to feel so tired. I fall on one of my knee, breathing heavily. I refuse to give up. I need to gain back my bending. I need to be able to help Aang fight Ozai. I have to do this... I can do this.

-What Just Happened?-

Y/N P.O.V

'Katara' uses her water-bending at me, sending me stumbling back. I fall on my back, groaning in pain at the harsh impact. 'Katara' walks over to me with a smirk on her face.

"I don't know why you're the Avatar. You're useless" she said. I know that she's only saying that to get me angry at the real Katara. She stands over me, water surrounding the two of us.

I clench my hands into a tight fists. I force my body to get up and move my arms around. An air sphere is formed around me, knocking 'Katara' off balance. My eyes widen in shock at what just happened.

I stare at my hand in confusion. 'Katara' stands up and growls angrily at me. I try to create an air-scooter. Which to my surprise, it actually worked. I quickly move out of the way when 'Katara' sends another strong water current at me.

The air-scooter disappeared after a while. I stand not far from 'Katara,' still confused. 'What just happened?' I thought to myself. I remember that I have beaten 'Aang.' Who's an air-bender.

I turn my head and stare at Katara. I realize the opponents I'm facing is based on elements order. 'Aang' is air, and 'Katara' is water. Since 'Sokka' didn't have any element, he's the one I faced first which represent the people who are born without the bending abilities.

I snap out of my thought when 'Katara' creates a strong water, circling around us. I jump into the air with the help of my air-bending. I land safely away from the water she's bending. I smile happily and smirk at 'Katara.'  I create a strong tornado and send it to her.

She got knocked off her feet, landing on her back. I stand over her. "Katara and I may have a lot of misunderstanding. But even so, she and I are best-friends. I wouldn't change her in any way" I said. She smiles and stands up. She bows at me.

"Congratulations, Avatar Y/N... the cure to anger is warmth. Which can be provided by a close friend" she said. Her whole body glows bright blue. She move towards the two other stones. I smile happily.

I look around and try to bend some water. I grin when I realize it's actually working! I got two of my bending back! But I'm exhausted from the two fights I did with 'Aang' and 'Katara.'

"I'll be back again..." I said. I bow at the rest of them and closes my eyes, willing myself to return to the real world. I take a deep breath to get myself to relax.

End of Soul Realm

I open my eyes and smiles softly to myself, as I'm back in the human world. I wince in pain and gently move my arm. I can see several bruises forming on my skin.

I stand up and try to bend some air. I smile happily when it works. I turn my head and notice a waterfall. I lift my hand and bend the water towards me. I grin when it works. I take a sip, quenching my thirst.

I got two of my bending back, air and water. If my assumption is correct... that I'm fighting according to the elements order, that means I'm be fighting against Toph.. because she's an earth bender and earth comes next.

I make my way towards Appa and lay down on his arm. "Sorry I kept you away from Aang... you must have missed him, right buddy?" I said, rubbing his snout. He turns his head to me and licks my cheek. I let out a laugh and hugs him.

"I love you too, buddy. Looking at you makes me miss b/n. I wish she's still here" I said. I take out the plush from under my shirt.

"I miss you, girl

"I miss you, girl... I really wish you're still here with me" I said, gently rubbing the plush with my thumb. This plus is made from b/n fur. Katara's the one who made it for me.

I hear footsteps coming closer towards me. I turn my head to see it's Zuko. I roll my eyes and turn to look at my plushie again. I can feel him next to me.

"I'm sorry... your bison is gone because of me" he said. "Yeah... it's good that you're aware of what you did" I said, coldly. He lets out a sigh. I turn to look at him as he kneels down next to me.

"No words can express how much I regret it" he said. "Regret what exactly? Isn't that your job? You want to hurt my brother and I... take us to your father. So you can have his love again. So why'd you come to us?" I said. He stares at me in sadness.

"Y/N... I realize what I did was wrong. Can't you just give me a chance?" He said. I stand up and send the water from the fountain towards him. I freezes him to the tree. He stares at me in shock.

"Surprise? I gained my bending back..." I said, as I use my air-bending to speed towards him. "Why? Are you disappointed? You want me to remain benderless. You want me to be defenseless, so you can attack me when I least expected. Right??" I said. He shakes his head.

"No... I'm happy that you get your bending back" he said. I let out a scoff and shake my head. "Everything that came out of your mouth is a lie. I don't trust you anymore, Zuko. Not after everything you've done to me" I said. I turn around and walks away.

"Y/N! Come on! You can't leave me like this!" He said. I turn around to face him, placing both of my hands on my hips.

"Oh well... does it look like I care? N. O. P. E. You're gonna have to wait until the whole ice melts on its own... or you could just melt it yourself. You're a fire-bender, no? Bye, Zuzu~" I said, smirking at him.

I turn around and walks away, ignoring Zuko's yells for me to come back and remove the ice from him. But I just keep on walking. Appa gets up and follows me. Which means Zuko is alone, frozen to the tree. I am positive he's going to just melt it with his heat. So, I don't feel bad for freezing him there.

*to be continued*