Chapter 73

Previously on Chapter 72

"You're right... we have to make decisions. No time to waste..." I said. He just wraps his arms around me. I just lean my head on his shoulder, trying to control my emotion. We have no choice.

-Approaching Battle-

Y/N P.O.V

We wake up the next day. Aang yawns as he raises both of his hands. He turns his head and furrows his eyebrow. I tilt my head in confusion, before turning to where he's staring.

"Wait. Is it just me, or are those mountains getting bigger?" He said. I shake my head and jumps up to my feet. "Nope! I notice it too" I said. We rushes to take a look.

"They're not getting larger, They're getting closer!" I said. Aang's eyes lit up at why I said. "You're right, sis! The whole island is moving!" He said. I hear a splash and turn to see Aang have jumped into the water. I let out a sigh at my brother's action.

He resurface a while later. "It's amazing Y/N! The biggest animal in the world! I've gotta to swim around and find its face" he said. He dives in again and swims forward. I just jump from trees to trees to get to the front.

"A Lion Turtle!" Aang said, after resurfacing. I jump and lands next to him in the Lion Turtle's hand. I bow towards it. I stand straight and stare into the Lion Turtle's eyes as he stares at the two of us.

I take a step forward in his hand. "Maybe you can help us. Everyone, even my brother's past lives, are expecting us to end someone's life. But we don't know if we can do it. Can you please tell us if there's a different way?" I said. Aang nods his head at what I said.

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginningless time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light" he said. He lifts his paw and place it on Aang's forehead and chest area. I can feel a surge energy surging through my body at what the lion turtle said.

***

The lion turtle drops us off by a small cliff of the Earth Kingdom. "Wait for him... he will come" he said. He enters the ocean again. I just watch in silent as the lion turtle swims away.

I turn to look at Aang. He smiles softly at me. "We can do this, Y/N..." he said. I smile softly at him and nod my head. I give him a quick hug. "Yes, brother. We have to do this" I said.

We pull away from each other. I give him a curt nod, in which he returns. We turn around and jumps off, making our way to where the battle is taking place.

Time-skip

We're now standing on top of a tall stone pillar. l/n is perching on my shoulder, while Momo is sitting on Aang's. I gently rub her fur and turns to her.

"It's time for you to go..." I said. Aang turns to look at me, before turning to look at Momo. "You too, buddy..." he said. Momo and l/n flies off. Aang turn to look at me. I give his hand a light squeeze before focusing on the airship in front of us.

Aang sends several boulders towards the airship's engine, successfully in destroying it. I can see Ozai turns to look at us, with an angry expression. I jump and send a strong blast of fire at the airship.

He burns his clothes and flies towards us. I stand in battle stance, ready to fight him. "After generations of Fire Lords failed to find you, now the universe delivers you both to me as an act of providence" he said, staring at us with a smirk.

"Please listen to me. We don't have to fight. You have the power to end it here and stop what you're doing" Aang said. I turn my head to look at him. Did he seriously just expect the Fire Lord to listen??

"You are right. I do have the power. I have all the power in the world!" He said. He starts to shoot fire from his mouth and hands. Aang just takes a battle stance as I keep my focus on the Fire Lord.

After the fire cleared out. The Fire Lord turns his attention to the two of us. He jumps up and creates a wave of fire towards the two of us. I quickly bend the earth to create a dome to shield myself from the fire. I move the dome and bends fire back at him, which he dodge with ease.

Aang and I take turns in attacking the Fire Lord. It took the two of us to fight him, but he didn't seem to struggle. The comet really gives the fire-bender a lot of energy. We have to hurry up and end this battle. I can't imagine what would happen if we fail. There'll be no more world to save... and I can't let that.

Aang jumps away, only to be blasted off by a strong flame. "Aang! Oh... you'll pay for that!" I yelled out, growling angrily at the Fire Lord who just smirks at me in return. No... control your anger Y/N. Don't let it consume you, or you'll be blinded by the wrath.

He's about to attack Aang again, but I jumps in front of Aang and send a strong wind towards him. "You are not going to hurt my brother" I said, resuming my battle stance again. He just let out a laugh at what I said.

He sends strong wave of fire towards me. I raise a rock pillar to disperse it. But I didn't notice a second wave of fire coming from the side. I can't react in time, resulting in me getting hit by the flame.

Aang P.O.V

I breathe heavily on the ground, as my sister face the Fire Lord. The Fire Lord sends a strong wave to her. She respond by raising a pillar to protect herself from it. But there's a second wave coming from the side.

"Y/N. No!!!" I screamed out, when Y/N didn't react in time. She gets hit by the flame, sending her falling from the tall pillar. She seem to be unconscious. "Y/N!" I yelled out. I jump down and bend some water to soften her landing.

I feel a body slams into mine, sending me flying to a pillar. I groan in pain as I land on the ground. I force myself to stand up, because it's not the time to relax since we're in a middle of a battle.

I turn my head to look at Y/N. She's laying on the ground, not moving an inch. I can see burn wounds on her body. I clench my hands into tight fists. Y/N... Please be okay, sis. I can't do this on my own. I need you!

*to be continued*